Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

Where in the world-pic thread


Recommended Posts

As we can't really travel at the moment I  thought I'd share some pictures of some of the places I've been over the last decade in the hopes that you guys would do the same, the one thing that has changed with covid is the lack of travel, true for others it's much worse so I get that a lot of us have been lucky so far. 

Pics from Norway, Australia and aushwitz and closer to home Scotland,Wales, IOM and Yorkshire.

 

Hope the link works, it said something about not being able to embed

 

 

 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/191699114@N02/k71n3F

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As we can't really travel at the moment I  thought I'd share some pictures of some of the places I've been over the last decade in the hopes that you guys would do the same, the one thing that has cha

That picture with the castle is fucking amazing.  Dammit I want a castle

The one over the sea is the Atlantic Ocean road in Norway

Posted Images

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Great Pics Gary! I agree with Mcnasty the castle looks stunning. Is it anywhere near me? (Scotland) 

 

 

I don't class Scotland as close to me 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, techno said:

I don't class Scotland as close to me 😉

 

Haha your Yorkshire? It's still closer than most. What I was meaning from Mcnastys post. The castle you posted, was it near to me? Scottish Highlands I'm from. I know Wales, Ireland, England have castles also. But Scotland has a lot of castles as does the French.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

 

Haha your Yorkshire? It's still closer than most. What I was meaning from Mcnastys post. The castle you posted, was it near to me? Scottish Highlands I'm from. I know Wales, Ireland, England have castles also. But Scotland has a lot of castles as does the French.

Lol I thought you were American so I was confused by your post🤦 yeah it was up towards the Highlands, can't remember but think we were heading to ullapool at the time.

 

A quick Google and I think it's the Eilean Donan castle 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, techno said:

Lol I thought you were American so I was confused by your post🤦 yeah it was up towards the Highlands, can't remember but think we were heading to ullapool at the time.

 

A quick Google and I think it's the Eilean Donan castle 

 

It's all good, yeah a bit further north of me but aye it looks like something familiar I've passed. I still think Glen Urquhart Castle is the pinnacle. It's more or less ruins compared to its former glory. But the setting is glorious and always blows me away.

 

image.thumb.png.aa4f23234d6bd3efd489857095666e0d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

 

It's all good, yeah a bit further north of me but aye it looks like something familiar I've passed. I still think Glen Urquhart Castle is the pinnacle. It's more or less ruins compared to its former glory. But the setting is glorious and always blows me away.

 

image.thumb.png.aa4f23234d6bd3efd489857095666e0d.png

I love it up there, I missed out on going back last September.

The one scene I always regret not stopping for was one early sunny morning winding down the edge of loch awe no wind so the loch was like a mirror, stunning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome thread Gary @techno , i've been meaning to check it out for a while.

 

Shropshire below - Didn't take a picture of the Cottage but its in the middle of nowhere. Over 5 days we heard 10 cars pass by the lane and this was the farm lane that owned the cottage at the bottom with their house you can see at the top of the road in one of the pics. Beautiful scenery and only an hour away from where we live.

 

Shropshire1.jpeg

 

Shropshire2.jpeg

 

Shropshire3.jpeg

 

I'll go back through my pics of last few years as I'm sure I have a few places around the UK that were amazing places to visit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy