Where in the world-pic thread

techno

As we can't really travel at the moment I  thought I'd share some pictures of some of the places I've been over the last decade in the hopes that you guys would do the same, the one thing that has changed with covid is the lack of travel, true for others it's much worse so I get that a lot of us have been lucky so far. 

Pics from Norway, Australia and aushwitz and closer to home Scotland,Wales, IOM and Yorkshire.

Hope the link works, it said something about not being able to embed

https://www.flickr.com/gp/191699114@N02/k71n3F

1 hour ago, techno said:

I don't class Scotland as close to me 😉

Haha your Yorkshire? It's still closer than most. What I was meaning from Mcnastys post. The castle you posted, was it near to me? Scottish Highlands I'm from. I know Wales, Ireland, England have castles also. But Scotland has a lot of castles as does the French.

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Haha your Yorkshire? It's still closer than most. What I was meaning from Mcnastys post. The castle you posted, was it near to me? Scottish Highlands I'm from. I know Wales, Ireland, England have castles also. But Scotland has a lot of castles as does the French.

Lol I thought you were American so I was confused by your post🤦 yeah it was up towards the Highlands, can't remember but think we were heading to ullapool at the time.

A quick Google and I think it's the Eilean Donan castle 

1 hour ago, techno said:

Lol I thought you were American so I was confused by your post🤦 yeah it was up towards the Highlands, can't remember but think we were heading to ullapool at the time.

A quick Google and I think it's the Eilean Donan castle 

It's all good, yeah a bit further north of me but aye it looks like something familiar I've passed. I still think Glen Urquhart Castle is the pinnacle. It's more or less ruins compared to its former glory. But the setting is glorious and always blows me away.

image.thumb.png.aa4f23234d6bd3efd489857095666e0d.png

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

It's all good, yeah a bit further north of me but aye it looks like something familiar I've passed. I still think Glen Urquhart Castle is the pinnacle. It's more or less ruins compared to its former glory. But the setting is glorious and always blows me away.

image.thumb.png.aa4f23234d6bd3efd489857095666e0d.png

I love it up there, I missed out on going back last September.

The one scene I always regret not stopping for was one early sunny morning winding down the edge of loch awe no wind so the loch was like a mirror, stunning.

Awesome thread Gary @techno , i've been meaning to check it out for a while.

Shropshire below - Didn't take a picture of the Cottage but its in the middle of nowhere. Over 5 days we heard 10 cars pass by the lane and this was the farm lane that owned the cottage at the bottom with their house you can see at the top of the road in one of the pics. Beautiful scenery and only an hour away from where we live.

Shropshire1.jpeg

Shropshire2.jpeg

Shropshire3.jpeg

I'll go back through my pics of last few years as I'm sure I have a few places around the UK that were amazing places to visit.