New PC help needed

Mikepjbell

I'm getting a bad back whilst using my laptop sat at my desk so I've decided to get a small PC and connect it to my 42" 4K TV. I figured if I'm not leaning over a laptop i'll fare a little better.

I wanted to ask if anyone can suggest the cheapest way possible for me to get a desktop PC which has reasonable spec and will do the following:

- Have HDMI out and cope with a 4k resolution

- Can run photoshop / office applications, normal stuff

- Being able to play some old games like CS:GO or BFME2 etc would be great but not really necessary.

I have a pretty low budget, around £300, which isn't going to buy much but I want to get as much as possible for my money.

Could anyone help me search for something sufficient for my needs? I'm hitting a blank on Amazon at the moment.

I'd start saving your money and buy a better one later in the year as £300 is not going to get you a lot and you may find you'll have to buy another one in a few years time.

My advice would be to buy a laptop stand and buy a seperate keyboard and mouse. The laptop stand will raise and keep your laptop cooler, so you shouldn't be hunched over too much.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kensington-Portable-Ergonomic-Cooling-SmartFit/dp/B0007YB8NM/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=laptop+riser&qid=1610027525&s=computers&sr=1-5

3 minutes ago, Mikepjbell said:

I can't believe I didn't think of doing that. I'll give it a go with a laptop stand first and see how I get on. Thanks!

I'd also look into a better chair, they looks little silly but the gaming chairs that look like racing seats are actually really good for posture.

13 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

I'd also look into a better chair, they looks little silly but the gaming chairs that look like racing seats are actually really good for posture.

Good shout, and I did indeed do that too. My current chair has a very low back, no lumbar support and it's like sitting on a wooden board so hopefully that should also help! Thanks mate