Hardcore and Treyarch games.

MrBiron

For some reason when I play any Treyarch COD I just can't play Core. It's just a frustrating, un-fun, experience. So much shoot first-die first bullshit. 

So I basically HAVE to play Hardcore. It's just a more enjoyable experience. 

But playing Infinity Ward games Core is fine. 

Anybody else have the same problem with Treyarch games or is it just me? 

fart.gif

58 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

For some reason when I play any Treyarch COD I just can't play Core. It's just a frustrating, un-fun, experience. So much shoot first-die first bullshit. 

So I basically HAVE to play Hardcore. It's just a more enjoyable experience. 

But playing Infinity Ward games Core is fine. 

Anybody else have the same problem with Treyarch games or is it just me? 

No but only certain ones. Blops 2/3 was mostly HC but Blops4 and cold war are pretty much core only. I think it's down to maps as much as anything. 🤷

HC takes less skill so could seem to be favourable because weaker players are in those lobbies.

8 hours ago, techno said:

No but only certain ones. Blops 2/3 was mostly HC but Blops4 and cold war are pretty much core only. I think it's down to maps as much as anything. 🤷

HC takes less skill so could seem to be favourable because weaker players are in those lobbies.

I don't think it's the maps. Cold War maps feel very much like MW2019 maps yet I could play Core fine in MW.

How does HC take less skill? I've heard that before but it makes no sense. Yes you die in a bullet or 2 so it's technically easier to kill people, but if your aim is dogshit then you're going to die before you can hit anybody. I've played with plenty of people (even FG people) who are good in Core but struggle in HC.

fart.gif

Treyarch games have notoriously always had worse bullet detection and connections. This was the most glaring when we went from the very clean MW2 to the first Black Ops game. I could only play core locale only in that game. Thankfully HC mode works great in 3arc titles but core is always iffy. Now that there is also evidence that people are being artificially impacted mid-game, it just adds to the usual problems associated with this studio. If you're a half decent and experienced player, HC mode is also ideal for easy kills with minimal effort - you just have to play sensibly and take into account how quick it is to die otherwise you can literally pop someone in one tap. 

Having said that though, I never felt the need to resort to this mode in Cold War because the bullet detection wasn't too bad - the worst aspect of the combat I found was the animations and trying to track people. Sometimes they'd skip frames and what you see isn't what they are doing. Both studios have always had their own respective engine builds so I imagine this is the big factor. 

The jump from MW2 to BO1 was very jarring. Although I think I enjoyed BO1 more. 

Core in BOCW isn't as bad as previous Treyarch games. I think I just don't like the longer TTK. I much preferred the TTK in MW. 

fart.gif

5 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I don't think it's the maps. Cold War maps feel very much like MW2019 maps yet I could play Core fine in MW.

How does HC take less skill? I've heard that before but it makes no sense. Yes you die in a bullet or 2 so it's technically easier to kill people, but if your aim is dogshit then you're going to die before you can hit anybody. I've played with plenty of people (even FG people) who are good in Core but struggle in HC.

HC is usually the place people go to do challenges, it's also not a place you find the better players, the fact you kill in one bullet actually takes less skill as you don't have to track targers, also most of the time it's not aim it's just who sees who first. People only might struggle in HC also because there's no Mimi map etc and it's impossible to avoid and escape a gunfight. Camping is also easier with no kill cam. Spyplanes especially free to earn and spammable in cold war make more of a difference in HC. Think that's about it 😉

Treyarch games have always had worse hit detection but I can't remember the last iw game I played and I've also found in the past iw games played awful in HC.