Getting the DSC Raid seal/title

Baabcat

We seem to have developed a fairly decent sized group of raiders in this current expansion and I wondered how many would be interested in going for the raid seal. It seems to me be reasonably straightforward to get, mainly because there is no requirement for flawless. 

It’s basically:

Pike challenge (which I think a lot of us have got )

4 triumphs across the 4 encounters (which don’t seem too hard)

The 4 weekly raid challenges ( 1 and 3 have certainly been pretty easy, 2 isn’t too bad, and if 4 is what I expect it to be it’s not too hard)

An all void run

An all solar run

An all arc run 

An all Stasis run

Given the first 3 encounters don’t really need supers these all hinge on the final boss fight , which I think we could manage.

An all ‘one class’ run, which might be the trickiest to organise for solo class players.

So not too bad, and will end up with what will be a pretty rare title. Let me know who’s interested and we will try and get it organised .

I think we can manage without the Well of Radiance in the final boss fight. 

I dropped a rift one time when we didn't have a Well, and whoever made it to that damage seemed to live. I think. 

I would run Lunafaction boots for the non-solar runs during the final encounter. 

From my point of view I think they have ruined the raid seals. 
They removed the flawless triumph from Garden of salvation and now they haven’t even introduced it on the DSC.. 

It makes it more achievable for more players but I think a raid seal should be hard to get like the Last Wish one. 

53 minutes ago, Teenwolf25 said:

They removed the flawless triumph from Garden of salvation and now they haven’t even introduced it on the DSC.. 

It makes it more achievable for more players but I think a raid seal should be hard to get like the Last Wish one. 

Yes its a tricky trade off between widening participation and having something truly elite PvE wise. Although having spent a good portion of the weekend failing the Grandmaster Glassway NF, i think the Conqueror title is becoming that PvE elite title. Not sure if you get a flawless emblem for DSC, that should definitely exist as something to aim at

35 minutes ago, Teenwolf25 said:

I agree to an extent Clive for sure. Raid seals should be one of the hardest to get but I still think based on the entire playerbase, its easy for us to forget that we're extremely lucky we get to have people that can gather for a fireteam of 6 and then be co-ordinated enough to get it done. I'm pretty sure its still around 10% of everyone has played or still plays Destiny thats only done one raid. That doesn't mean it should be easier but it will arguably still be a small % that do the seal. Cursebreaker is only at 20% complete on braytech (thats via how many people have registered with that website which won't be everyone) and thats not even a raid seal. @Baabcat  is also right as you should be majorly proud you have that pinnacle seal in PvE with the Grandmaster title nailed already! That seems to be the way Bungie are heading.

Either way though, whatever seal we can get, its always nice to see that gold seal shining on your character when others don't have it!

Might be easier on this one to keep booking regular raid slots and then checking with everyone who joins up for that said raid to see what is outstanding. Especially with the 'all Solar classes' type ones. The other day I was with Clive @Teenwolf25  and they were helping me get a few Last Wish ones which meant per encounter we'd all switch to the relevant classes that were needed so it doesn't need to be all done in one run.

I'd leave Flawless also on the list to try and get done. Clive mentioned you get a cool shader at least and as an accomplishment, its one to personally saviour i'm sure.

Not to step on any elite D2 players here nor any of the veteran FGers... so take this with a grain of salt?

I don't care about seals, but then again, I don't generally care enough to even do proper builds. However, I do understand the appeal of aiming for them. No different than going for Platinum trophies for games. (Although, I am slightly salty about 1 game I didn't get platinum in.. because of a silly glitch heavily documented in that game's Reddit... that's neither here nor there lol). I do tend to jab at @TurboR56Mini  when he gets excited about acquiring a new seal for D2.

Do I think they should be difficult to get? Sure. Do I think that some of D2's grinds for things are pointless? Ab-so-f*cking-lutely (i'm looking at you, stupid bounty of multi-precision kills in only groups of enemies bigger than 3). I think the Flawless requirement is a nice requirement for those who are leaps and bounds better than the majority of players. But, I think there's a ways to appease more of the common players, and that's on Bungie to do. Break up the seals in tiers. Make the seal title a different bright color if you go flawless. Just like they make Trials gear glow for a week if you go flawless.

Anyway, to @GazzaGarratt's point on booking a regular raid slot, I think it's a great idea. But, I think we, as a group, need to manage expectations on that. We have all seen the mess of LFG putting in barriers for people to join a group. Like KWTD and have ____ weapon and have _____ clears. And, I feel, at this point, it seems like an unspoken requirement of KWTD if you try to do a challenging items together with a team. Honestly, if it wasn't for @Venom  stating that he's trying to get full clears and carry people, and if it wasn't for @Baabcat  being really awesome, I do not think this "raid group" would be a thing. I do not think we would have pulled off a "no-wipe" raid. Venom and Baab are super patient and accommodating. 

We may want to consider doing a tier? Or, choices?

Like schedule 2 events that are roughly the same time and day. One meant for doing challenges. And, one meant for just doing it, which could be perceived by any FGer that it is truly open for all. So, anyone signing up for the non-challenge event won't feel too much pressure.

I'm perfectly fine with going through the raid at no-pressure with those who aren't used to the raid. (Even if Garden was a stressful experience for getting Divinity lol... I still jumped in when I was told a 6th was needed for boss.) It is why I'm very public on Discord if we are trying to set something up. But, I already can see people feeling more comfortable DMing me or Baab about doing stuff instead of publicly asking.

All in all, I'm just saying... think about the lurkers and newbies who may be a bit shy on really participating. I wouldn't be "active" if it wasn't for Gazza breaking the ice... and basically throwing me into DSC lol.... or if Ryan wasn't always up to help with something. Or if @Kemp210  wasn't open to joining and doing whatever.

20 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Well after that 56 minute, no wipes , run I’m sure we could all get this title . If we could drive sparrows and jump we could probably go flawless !

Lolz... if we could jump... lolol.

I think I heard the way we go about getting the 2nd chest is not the "official" way through the jumping puzzle? Is the other way easier?

Here I was thinking yesterday, "Thank goodness Baab asked to do it earlier. I totally forgot about my appointment at 12PM" and "I hope we don't get stuck at the second and final encounter... i hope we don't need to run those 5 times..." 

Seems to be that if we do it at decent hour for everyone, we screw up less? Or, we were just more focused haha.

1 hour ago, RenFengge said:

Lolz... if we could jump... lolol.

I think I heard the way we go about getting the 2nd chest is not the "official" way through the jumping puzzle? Is the other way easier?

Here I was thinking yesterday, "Thank goodness Baab asked to do it earlier. I totally forgot about my appointment at 12PM" and "I hope we don't get stuck at the second and final encounter... i hope we don't need to run those 5 times..." 

Seems to be that if we do it at decent hour for everyone, we screw up less? Or, we were just more focused haha.

I  think we got through so fast because everyone's learnt it, and we've got a reasonable settled group so everyone knows what to do. Doing the raid challenges would mix it up a bit, but equally I'm happy just running with this group of people. After years of LFGing raids it is so nice to have a regular group. And always happy to add a newbie and get them into DSC. So any lurkers out there, just say the word!  In terms of knocking out challenges I think we just go with the flow, I agree we should never discourage anyone from joining. If I'm desperate for the seal I can always LFG it, but would much rather do it with the FG gang

As for the official way to the chest, I have to admit, I have heard this said, but have literally no idea how to get to it other than the way i always go.

Think @RedBeardCG  wanted to run again next Sunday same time, if that works then I'm in. Will try and set something up for mid week as well, although i know that might be trickier for people

22 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

Think @RedBeardCG  wanted to run again next Sunday same time, if that works then I'm in. Will try and set something up for mid week as well, although i know that might be trickier for people

I think Sunday at the same time works. It's first thing in the morning for us, so we're probably on coffee caffeine lol. And, it's not terribly late for you!

If we ever do Saturdays, it should be fine at that 9AM ET /2PM UK time. I'm usually home by 8:45AM on Saturdays.

On 1/3/2021 at 7:17 AM, Baabcat said:

We seem to have developed a fairly decent sized group of raiders in this current expansion and I wondered how many would be interested in going for the raid seal. It seems to me be reasonably straightforward to get, mainly because there is no requirement for flawless. 

So not too bad, and will end up with what will be a pretty rare title. Let me know who’s interested and we will try and get it organised .

I'd be interested to give the seal a try!  It's nice to have a raid group in general and if we wanna mix things up and go for a seal that's cool too.  Either way works for me!  I'll make a post for next Sunday and we can see what folks are up for that day.  

On 1/3/2021 at 12:17 PM, Baabcat said:

It’s basically:

Pike challenge (which I think a lot of us have got )

4 triumphs across the 4 encounters (which don’t seem too hard)

The 4 weekly raid challenges ( 1 and 3 have certainly been pretty easy, 2 isn’t too bad, and if 4 is what I expect it to be it’s not too hard)

An all void run

An all solar run

An all arc run 

An all Stasis run

Given the first 3 encounters don’t really need supers these all hinge on the final boss fight , which I think we could manage.

An all ‘one class’ run, which might be the trickiest to organise for solo class players.

I'm in all the way pal

Struggling to catch some Destiny time of late but i've not lost the desire to get it done. Thanks for continuing to put up events @Baabcat  and @RenFengge  as it really is ace to see the progress but also regular activity is still strong in the game.

How many triumphs for the seal have people got left to do?

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How many triumphs for the seal have people got left to do?

Errr none! Got it done this morning (had two triumphs to do and picked up a group who wanted to do them).  
But will still be running it to make sure @RenFengge , @RedBeardCG , @Kemp210 , @Ajay , @TurboR56Mini , get it, and you @GazzaGarratt if you need any help, and anyone else really.

18 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

Errr none! Got it done this morning (had two triumphs to do and picked up a group who wanted to do them).  
But will still be running it to make sure @RenFengge , @RedBeardCG , @Kemp210 , @Ajay , @TurboR56Mini , get it, and you @GazzaGarratt if you need any help, and anyone else really.

Oh wow! Nice Bob! No problem, I think we should still run them to help others - the ones you mentioned but also the ones that we know are around and what to do it but struggle with their time schedules and grouping up. I know Justin @FallenDark200  is struggling to get on for our sessions (I'm more about life manic things going on!) so I might put some on around 9 o'clock our time if you can also nudge Charlie @Venom  to see if hes around to help get some done still?

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Oh wow! Nice Bob! No problem, I think we should still run them to help others - the ones you mentioned but also the ones that we know are around and what to do it but struggle with their time schedules and grouping up. I know Justin @FallenDark200  is struggling to get on for our sessions (I'm more about life manic things going on!) so I might put some on around 9 o'clock our time if you can also nudge Charlie @Venom  to see if hes around to help get some done still?

Yeah me and Charlie are fully up for getting as many through as want it. When can Justin manage, @FallenDark200   , if he lets us know when he is around we can try to sort something out. We also took Gary @techno  through last week, if he wants to do more runs. @GazzaGarratt  got a run tonight around 9 if you want in, promise to do Arc on third encounter this time!

Gutted i couldn;t make it on Thursday. With stuff at home meaning i needed multiple breaks i just didn't want to commit and leave you hanging and waiting around. I'm waiting for Hayley to get back from the shops today so I can work out some time to hopefully be available for runs this weekend. Happy to plough myself into any triumph or raid we're thinking of too.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Gutted i couldn;t make it on Thursday. With stuff at home meaning i needed multiple breaks i just didn't want to commit and leave you hanging and waiting around. I'm waiting for Hayley to get back from the shops today so I can work out some time to hopefully be available for runs this weekend. Happy to plough myself into any triumph or raid we're thinking of too.

No problem mate, trying to do a raid tomorrow bu not sure what time. If not would be worth trying going for it on Monday (I know if clashes with other stuff) but if we can get the Amtrak’s challenge done again it saves you waiting 4 weeks for it (unless you have it already )

So guys, i think are few people are getting close to the seal so we should schedule couple of raids at least this week with the main objective of getting the 'Of all Trades ' challenge done in third encounter (seems tough but we just need to be organised) and i think we should aim to get the 5 seconds to paradise triumph done at Atracks. And whatever people need on arc/solar/void/stasis/one class whenever we join up.

I'll post up the usual 8.30 thursday and 1pm Sunday raids, shout if they dont suit and we can chop and change

@Baabcat  cheers for the help so far. Glad we tried it the other day but at the same time, i'm glad we moved on when we just couldn't get it unfortunately.

I'll still need a Stasis run I believe and the challenges. However, i'm also conscious I need to get a few breaks offline where I can as I'm probably burning the candle a little too much at both ends of late! Keep putting those events up, even if it isn't for challenges though. I'm loving the fact that FG has constant raid times going each week as they are the best content imo and we should keep putting it there for others that don't get much chance to raid but would love to - looking at the @Plumbers Crack  @IPSWICH HIGASHI  @bluffin109  @Kemp210  crew.

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@Baabcat  cheers for the help so far. Glad we tried it the other day but at the same time, i'm glad we moved on when we just couldn't get it unfortunately.

no problem @GazzaGarratt always good to have our glorious leader along !  We got the 5sec challange done at the weekend and see no problem getting it done again for whomever needs it

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'll still need a Stasis run I believe and the challenges. However, i'm also conscious I need to get a few breaks offline where I can as I'm probably burning the candle a little too much at both ends of late! Keep putting those events up, even if it isn't for challenges though. I'm loving the fact that FG has constant raid times going each week as they are the best content imo and we should keep putting it there for others that don't get much chance to raid but would love to - looking at the @Plumbers Crack  @IPSWICH HIGASHI  @bluffin109  @Kemp210  crew.

Happy to take any of the guys along - think it best to introduce a newbie one at a time so its smooth but we also get time to take them through a role rather than just kill stuff. Just posted a Thursday raid and a Sunday raid , so if @Plumbers Crack  @IPSWICH HIGASHI   @bluffin109   want in just join. Could probably add a saturday run as well if we get  the interest.

As for @Kemp210  the guys a legend, completing DSC instead of talking to his family who were there to wish him happy birthday !