PC gaming for noobs

techno

Nyet komrade. I still exist kurwa.

Chair - Ikea Markus. Breathes nicely and is cheap compared to the "gaming chairs" (which are all ridiculously overpriced). 

Desk - Something nice and big, if you're gonna do hobbies on this system you'll want two monitors at least, and a VESA arm to stick them to. These arms bolt or clamp to the desk so you'll want something chunky. 

Monitor - If you're doing photography n shit, then get a good monitor which can be colour calibrated. Do some homework on these as they can cost a ridiculous amount of money for negligible returns compared to a model down. Also, gaming monitors and "professional" monitors are generally exclusive, you'll either get a monitor that's excellent at one or the other, but not both together. This is where your VESA mount will come in, screw one of each to it and be done with it, or go for one whopper which is good at both but excels at neither. Up to you and your budget. 

PC - AMD all day long baby. Get a 3700x like mine (or above) which will tear through renders like a motherfucker and also shred games. It'll also last you a long ass time so you don't have to go through this faff any time soon. Should you decide to go down the Youtube ---> Twitch ---> Onlyfans route this will also render your vids rather snappily. You'll want 32gb of RAMS, 16gb will be fine for now but for rendering and stuff you'll want na bit more. For a GPU, I'd be looking at a 3070. Yes the 3080 is more powerful but honestly unless you're gaming at 4k all the time it's wasted, and 4k gaming is wank anyway. If however you want to show AMD some love, their 6800XT will trade blows with the 3070 all day long and will also probably render faster. Basically this is the 3070 fighting with the 6800XT depending on the driver cycle and games played:

https://i.imgur.com/wULL7zt.gif

For hard drives you'll want a 1tb SSD for your OS, editing software and a few games. Optional is a 2tb fast-as-fuck hard drive (like a WD Black, or Raptor if they still make them). This will be used as your editing drive, so your rendering and editing software can kick its teeth in all day long and it'll just take it like the filthy little slut it is, rather than using the SSD which will bitch and moan until it packs its stuff and moves in with its sister because it's sick to death of your shit. If you really get stuck in to the content creation shit then get a big, slow, lazy ass drive to just fling all your projects on. You can always get this later on if you decide. 

I reckon once all this 'rona bollocks is over we all head up to Yawkshurrr and do a weekend of building. If we ever get there. 

banlol.png