What did you get for Christmas 2020?

GazzaGarratt

Thought it was easier separating it out so people can share pics and stories on what they got up to. And just a heads up, don't feel like you're 'flexing' yourself off, I never think any of you guys and girls do that so share as much as you like. Might give more ideas to birthdays and other Feel Good presents we could do! 😍😎

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

@Spacedeck  heard you got one of those Lynx Africa sets...really wish I got one of them because I think they are 25 year anniversary ones - check the top left of the box for the best fact of the lot #WhenBlackburnWereTopOfTheWorld 😎

First off I hope you guys all had a good day yesterday, even if it wasn’t quite how we all would have liked it to have been. I had a good Xmas day with the family, especially little nephew. Haul of presents was pretty much alcohol related, with a bit of money to go to a new tool bag as well. Now thanks to Boris we’ve been bumped into tier 4 so gonna sit back and chill with today’s sport and continue where I left off yesterday making a dent in the alcohol supplies. Will probably get online from tomorrow onwards so will hopefully catch up with some of you then. In the meantime hope you all enjoy yourselves 🍻 

Merry Xmas 

Outside of the usual bath sets, t-shirts, chocolate and jelly beans the most notable was a new lens for my camera (slight fllex 😛) and a blend your own whisky set; where they give you a few different tasting whiskys (smokey, fruity etc.) and the stuff to blend them.  So that's going to be some tasty to try out 🙂

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I didn't get much for Christmas this year.  I've been really blessed over the past couple of years.  I didn't really want anything from anyone.  But, I was able to help my son build his first PC.  He saved up some money ($200) and gave it to me to put toward his PC but my wife and I just deposited it into his savings account that we have for him.  I bought everything for him.  We put it together on Christmas Eve and he was able to play it on Christmas.  I wrote about it in my PPR here.  It was such a blessing to be able to help him with it.  We had a blast putting it together.  That was my biggest Christmas present.  Now I've got a PC gaming buddy 🙂  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I was lucky enough to get some of things that I love - games and Blackburn stuff. I think Hayley would've also got me FG stuff if it wasn't for the fact she would've had to ask me to sort which would've ruined her surprises.

Games wise I've now got Ghosts of Tsushima, PGA Tour 2K21, Mafia Trilogy and Cyberpunk. All for PS4. I got both home and away shirts for Blackburn with my name on the back as I have done for pretty much every Blackburn shirt I won. I feel this years home and away is probably two of the best kits we've had for a long time.

I also got some pretty awesome merch from Ready Player One. If you've ever watched that like I have 367 times already, you'll know there's 3 keys in it. And I got those! Hoping to get them on display in my gaming area ASAP. Oh, and how could I forget another Christmas Jumper and not just any jumper - A Destiny one! 😍

Extremely lucky to have the family we have and a wife that lets them know what I'd love to have. I'm also extremely happy my Son got a PSVR. Its the first time hes been on his Playstation for the best part of 2 days and NOT on Fortnite! Result!! 🤣

Loving what everyone else got so far. Especially the Lynx kits and Tommy's sons PC.

Blackburn tops.jpegready player one keys.jpeg

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! 🎄🤶🎁

Managed to get a few bits of aftershave, deodorant etc think people are trying to tell me something! Also got one of these bad boys made for me by my cousin! 😍😍 

IMG_20201225_112022.jpg

On 12/27/2020 at 6:23 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

If you've ever watched that like I have 367 times already

Right there with you buddy lol.  I saw the keys in the picture first and knew immediately.  Thats a pretty sick present, definitely would put them in a display

This was the first Christmas in who knows how many years that I didn't go anywhere, and that was awesome.  We usually spend the days around Christmas running around visiting family so I was actually really looking forward to this Christmas.  The wine was flowing early.  Aside from some gift cards from family I usually only get a present from my parents.  Me and the wife stopped giving each other presents a long time ago.  Usually I get something house or camper related from my folks but this year I really couldn't think of anything I didn't already have so I didn't give them any ideas.  They decided to get me an Oculus Quest 2 VR set which is something I'd never even thought about honestly.  It's amazing how far these things have come compared to the last time I tried one of these about 5+ years ago.  I haven't played any games yet but I did watch about 3 seasons of Turn on Netflix lol.  Its like being in a legit movie theater with a massive screen.  Also jumped out of a few airplanes with a wingsuit on flying down mountains, rode some roller coasters, Blue Angels ride alongs, etc.

The Oasis cannot come soon enough!

And TIL about Lynx Africa gifts being a thing lol.  

22 hours ago, McNasty said:

The Oasis cannot come soon enough!

Hahaha! Now that would be awesome mate! Get me a Delorean with 1000 free credits!

I've heard they are amazing machines. I think @Greboth has/or is picking up the same/similar version? I really didn't think about using them for movies or programmes at all. However, I do believe VR is now a viable and worthwhile product, especially after seeing the PSVR working which isn't on the same level as what you've got.

Glad you had a good Christmas buddy, and also glad you're not a stranger in these crazy days 🤗

Yeah, last September I got a Valve Index so different but basically the same and I can confirm they are awesome!  I've mostly been sticking to sim racing with it but I've played a few other games.  Like you I've also tried TV/movies on it though I've been meaning to sort out a better seat so I can watch a whole movie as I really want to watch the Star Wars original trilogy in 4k in VR.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png