Mandalorian Series 2 Finale - SPOILER WARNING!

LordBaguette

-Spoiler Warning-

Sooooo I doubt many expected Luke to turn up (CGI Luke haha). I really liked the episode but I feel like it would so much better if the terrible sequel films didnt exist... would have hit much harder. I mean surely baby yoda doesnt have a great future considering Luke loses all his students to the Knights of Ren??? I guess thats set many years later so anything can happen I suppose

I would say maybe the best episode of both series. Solid action etc, could easily be a finale for the whole thing but we will see where they take it after this. I assume itll be a story concerning the dark sabre and liberating Mandalore? Or are they just going with The Book of Boba fett? Interesting I think Sebastian Stan is playing Luke going forward

cba

• GazzaGarratt changed the title to Mandalorian Series 2 Finale - SPOILER WARNING!
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Ashoka episode topped this one for me, still brilliant nonetheless. The show hasn't really missed so far.

I'm interested to see where they take it. Having Boba Fett, Ashoka, Luke opens things up massively. I'm assuming it's not the last we'll see of Mando and Baby Yoda together, as Baby Yoda has been a huge draw for casual viewers.

6 minutes ago, jordie1892 said:

I think the Ashoka episode topped this one for me, still brilliant nonetheless. The show hasn't really missed so far.

I'm interested to see where they take it. Having Boba Fett, Ashoka, Luke opens things up massively. I'm assuming it's not the last we'll see of Mando and Baby Yoda together, as Baby Yoda has been a huge draw for casual viewers.

Ahsoka is having her own show and so is Luke and Boba. Mandalorian is basically the spin-off generator 😂 

Ahsoka will be going after Admiral Thrawn from the clone wars / rebels. Luke I have no idea, not sure anyone does yet. Boba Fett I think will be like past a present episode showing his life through the empire and before etc as well as present day

cba

also this clip from clone wars made me laugh considering she couldnt accept the sword 😂😂😂😂😂😂

https://twitter.com/herdsman11/status/1339925180576051202?s=20&fbclid=IwAR3foqQCRorjqowKC4NGyt4QqNSm5ESFPPJIp8_VABMnx8Ep0KWm-sEX03o

cba

Well that wasn’t what I expected though thoroughly enjoyed it.  I would expect that the series will continue with the reclamation of Mandalor consider he is now the ruler of it.

Yeah that scene from Rebels came to mind for me too.  I can’t remember the exact details but Sabine doesn’t take the Dark Saber in battle either as she finds it in Darth Mauls stuff.  You could say Bo Katan should have fought Sabine for it but really the Rebels scene is more just the returning of the Saber to a mandalorian that could reunite the clans and rule Mandalor.  Though this could also be taken further that Bo Katan obviously lost the Saber at some point so has to win it back rather than be given it.

It’s not ‘clean’ but I don’t think it’s the plot hole some people seem to be making it out to be.

Also, yes Sebastian Stan should play young Luke.  They wouldn’t need any CGI then.

While it was cool seeing Luke back, I was hoping it was going to Ezra.  With the human hand I thought it might be but as soon as you saw the gloved hand it was obviously Luke.

Edit: Not to mention the x wing being a bit of a clue too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

9 minutes ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

such a great episode, i really got misty eyed when luke appeared, still it's sad knowing that everything was pointless since they reset everything with the sequel trilogy instead of moving forward

Longshot but I hope disney come out and say the sequels arent canon anymore..

cba

15 hours ago, Greboth said:

Well that wasn’t what I expected though thoroughly enjoyed it.  I would expect that the series will continue with the reclamation of Mandalor consider he is now the ruler of it.

Yeah that scene from Rebels came to mind for me too.  I can’t remember the exact details but Sabine doesn’t take the Dark Saber in battle either as she finds it in Darth Mauls stuff.  You could say Bo Katan should have fought Sabine for it but really the Rebels scene is more just the returning of the Saber to a mandalorian that could reunite the clans and rule Mandalor.  Though this could also be taken further that Bo Katan obviously lost the Saber at some point so has to win it back rather than be given it.

It’s not ‘clean’ but I don’t think it’s the plot hole some people seem to be making it out to be.

Also, yes Sebastian Stan should play young Luke.  They wouldn’t need any CGI then.

While it was cool seeing Luke back, I was hoping it was going to Ezra.  With the human hand I thought it might be but as soon as you saw the gloved hand it was obviously Luke.

Edit: Not to mention the x wing being a bit of a clue too.

I havent seen clone wars / rebels only clips here and there but I do know who Ezra is. I am thinking about watching them all now but theres just so much of it... Would be strange not to acknowledge him going forward but I would assume he will be in Ahsokas show

Yea I'm not that bothered about the plothole just thought it was funny

It will be kind of strange them doing a CGI luke then moving to Sebastian Stan going forward, but I guess thats what they are doing

cba

24 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

I havent seen clone wars / rebels only clips here and there but I do know who Ezra is. I am thinking about watching them all now but theres just so much of it... Would be strange not to acknowledge him going forward but I would assume he will be in Ahsokas show

Yea I'm not that bothered about the plothole just thought it was funny

It will be kind of strange them doing a CGI luke then moving to Sebastian Stan going forward, but I guess thats what they are doing

Without saying too much in case you do watch Rebels, it isn't currently known what happened to Ezra after Rebels.  So it's possible he won't be in one of the shows or even mentioned.

The whole reason people have been saying about Sebastian Stan to play young Luke is because they look so alike! The voice will be different but I don't think that would be such a huge thing.

main-qimg-85e1c6fbf75981fb8446b608efdb5cc5.jpg.7fd1ca555d9899239a7947923b2444c3.jpg

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

9 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Without saying too much in case you do watch Rebels, it isn't currently known what happened to Ezra after Rebels.  So it's possible he won't be in one of the shows or even mentioned.

The whole reason people have been saying about Sebastian Stan to play young Luke is because they look so alike! The voice will be different but I don't think that would be such a huge thing.

main-qimg-85e1c6fbf75981fb8446b608efdb5cc5.jpg.7fd1ca555d9899239a7947923b2444c3.jpg

Yea thats what I mean maybe they shoulda gone with him in the last episode instead. It sounds like him doing the voice as well but not sure?

cba

On 12/18/2020 at 10:04 AM, LordBaguette said:

Ahsoka is having her own show

Hopefully with a new actress.  I don't know what it was about her but it seemed really amateurish the way she delivered her lines.  She sounded like a little teenager with no emotion, or overly fake emotion.  When I first heard her speak her first line I literally did a cringe face.  It didn't match what I was expecting at all.  After that the whole interaction just felt empty and fake to me.  I loved that episode but that was a pretty bad casting I think.  I'll take any star wars spinoff I can get but man I hope they find someone else.

On another note, when the jedi showed up at the end and I was like hell yeah, it's going to be Rey!  Then Luke appeared and I was like wait, WTF?  TIL this series doesn't take place after recent sequels lol.  Overall it got much better as it went.  I'm still bent about how much the Mandalorian sucks at fighting and still gets his ass kicked at least once or twice every episode, almost dying every time and getting saved by the skin of his teeth.  Why can Boba Fett show up and go full jedi on those storm troopers like a badass and all we get to see is Mando getting shot in the armor a bagillion times.  Everyone else is a badass fighter in this series except Mando and I can't get past it lol.

3 hours ago, McNasty said:

Hopefully with a new actress.  I don't know what it was about her but it seemed really amateurish the way she delivered her lines.  She sounded like a little teenager with no emotion, or overly fake emotion.  When I first heard her speak her first line I literally did a cringe face.  It didn't match what I was expecting at all.  After that the whole interaction just felt empty and fake to me.  I loved that episode but that was a pretty bad casting I think.  I'll take any star wars spinoff I can get but man I hope they find someone else.

On another note, when the jedi showed up at the end and I was like hell yeah, it's going to be Rey!  Then Luke appeared and I was like wait, WTF?  TIL this series doesn't take place after recent sequels lol.  Overall it got much better as it went.  I'm still bent about how much the Mandalorian sucks at fighting and still gets his ass kicked at least once or twice every episode, almost dying every time and getting saved by the skin of his teeth.  Why can Boba Fett show up and go full jedi on those storm troopers like a badass and all we get to see is Mando getting shot in the armor a bagillion times.  Everyone else is a badass fighter in this series except Mando and I can't get past it lol.

Rey wont even be born yet

cba