Cyberpunk Apology and Refunds

GazzaGarratt

23 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

David Guetta delivers CDPR's official apology video

Hate these kinda things where they still lie or don't acknowledge the more serious converns.

Roadmap looks almost as threadbare as the game - the amount of work in the coming year that has to be done is insane and even then I don't think the game will be all that great. Detracting away from the bugs will just showcase other core problems that can't be addressed with a simple patch or update.

jE9CaTmtWcsPr2BqfLY4hm.jpg

They didn't mention the shitty AI, the cops, missing features and other immersion braking issues that aren't necessarily bugs, just poorly implemented. Which is a worry.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 minute ago, phil bottle said:

They didn't mention the shitty AI, the cops, missing features and other immersion braking issues that aren't necessarily bugs, just poorly implemented. Which is a worry.

The ironic thing is once they address the bugs, people will see how truly barren and basic the rest of the game is. Aside from the visuals, the gameplay and general mechanics could easily pass as a pre-2010 title. The AI needs a total overhaul and the law enforcement element needs to be implemented properly in its most basic sense - something even GTA 3 managed 20 years ago. If anything, it's just made people appreciate how well GTA does things from an immersion standpoint. I honestly cannot believe how amateur and embarrassing some things are in Cyberpunk where it's even been upstaged by the likes of Watch Dogs, Saints Row and the Deus Ex reboots. 

I can see Cyberpunk having some things fixed (mostly visual bugs) but I can't it drastically improving to the level some people expect because the whole thing was marketed it in the most exaggerated and pretentious way. They didn't even mention the fact on why the game went from an RPG into an 'action adventure' 6 hours before release or how they deliberately tried to cover up the quality of the old gen versions after misleading the community and holding reviewers to ransom. I also fail to believe that testing didn't show many bugs because many, including cutscene ones appear for everyone - many of which were early on in the game. 

This was a typical apology video - say a generic sorry, skirt over the big issues and then provide something woolly as a means of resolution.   

Lead Gameplay Desginer has left after 8 years of service yesterday. Too bad the actual gameplay in Cyberpunk is over 8 years out of date as it is. 

4 months on and still no sign of this game returning to the PS Store. I think they'd be better off taking the hit on the old gen and then trying to reclaim sales through 'Definitive'-type editions down the line. Nobody who refunded £50/£60 will pay that rate if the game does become relisted so their best bet is to develop proper next gen versions try and claim that amount of money 18 months down the line. They will need to overhaul and develop so much that I'm not sure it will even happen. The patches have been slow and mediocre and this has further been hampered by an ongoing ransomware attack. 

Total shit show. 

Multiplayer potentially cancelled or put on the backburner.

cyberpunk-hack-1612862733028.jpg?width=1
WWW.IGN.COM

It's possible we may not see Cyberpunk 2077's multiplayer mode at all -- or at least, CD Projekt is being a bit cagey about how or when it might be implemented in the future.

If they can't even get the basics right then there was no hope with this aspect. 

The 1.2 update released the other week without much fanfare and it had probably the largest patch notes I have ever seen with hundreds of supposed fixes and improvements. Performance doesn't seem to have improved greatly as the console version is still aiming for the bare minimums. I saw some PS5 footage the other day too and I was absolutely staggered at how much of the game had been scaled back - there were literally no cars or pedestrians anywhere and assets were still struggling to render. If the game felt dynamically dead before then it must feel exceptionally barren now. The visuals have been downgraded in places too.  Some interface and bug improvements but nothing significant despite the comical numbers of issues supposedly addressed.

I just don't know how long they can keep scrapping away - soon they'll have to remove all non-story NPC's along with vehicles and start stripping environmental assets because there doesn't seem to be much space for them to maneuver to drastically improve overall performance. Doesn't look like the game is even close to returning to the PS Store especially if Sony stand firm.  

50 minutes ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Glad I did not buy this game. It's the one disaster I've not played. (NMS at launch, Anthem, etc...) Yay me!

The gaming industry will continue to be a disaster that releases hot piles of garbage until they stop putting people who only care about money in charge. Care about money, but care about the quality of games too if you're going to lead a gaming company. Care about the well being of your employees a bit. Creatives are not factory workers. Creatives cannot just "make" it happen.

Gaming devs need to focus on the task at hand... not be told to do a million other things. Look at Guerilla Games. They shifted gears completely, focused on one game... and now they have everyone's attention. Look at Bend Studios. Look at Iron Gate. Look at what proper growth can look like when you look at Square Enix. 

Conversely, look at how major games with cult followings failed when money-hungry leaders took the reigns (basically any EA acquisition).

The gaming industry is going through some serious rough patch... oddly at the same time that I think the Anime/Manga industry is as well. Great games just happen rarely now.. just like great manga and anima rarely happens.

5 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Glad I did not buy this game. It's the one disaster I've not played. (NMS at launch, Anthem, etc...) Yay me!

I would say it's only a disaster in terms of expectations. Massively overhyped and buggy as hell, it could have been so much better....but the story, side missions and general ambience hooked me in.

I've played 50+ hours and completed less than 10% of the game. I only stopped for a bit because I wanted to see what the updates bring.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, RenFengge said:

The gaming industry will continue to be a disaster that releases hot piles of garbage until they stop putting people who only care about money in charge. Care about money, but care about the quality of games too if you're going to lead a gaming company. Care about the well being of your employees a bit. Creatives are not factory workers. Creatives cannot just "make" it happen.

Gaming devs need to focus on the task at hand... not be told to do a million other things. Look at Guerilla Games. They shifted gears completely, focused on one game... and now they have everyone's attention. Look at Bend Studios. Look at Iron Gate. Look at what proper growth can look like when you look at Square Enix. 

Conversely, look at how major games with cult followings failed when money-hungry leaders took the reigns (basically any EA acquisition).

The gaming industry is going through some serious rough patch... oddly at the same time that I think the Anime/Manga industry is as well. Great games just happen rarely now.. just like great manga and anima rarely happens.

I'm trying not to put on my "capitalism caused this" cop-out cough cough, but then I look at it in terms of general organisation and if it makes sense to reward the short-term thinking; the greed; and waste of resources and human beings our current mode of economics is famous for. I also look at the developers/workers/people actually creating and making the games not being the owners of their creations and why freedom loving people would allow themselves to be so abused. I hear union activity and mutual aid is increasing in the sector but it's woeful right now.

And everyone plays a part in some way I suppose. We're certainly not helped by all the stupid fucks who will buy any old shit if it has a bit of sparkly tinsel stuck on the cover (which occasionally includes me to be fair). 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Looks like Cyberpunk has a listing 6 months after it's been removed from the PS Store but is still not available to buy yet

jpg

From what I've seen of the latest patches, there's still not been many significant improvements but there's been a lot of downscaling to pinch fractions of frames. Plenty of bugs fixed but it now seems a very barren experience because of the sacrifices. There doesn't seem to be much room for additions and their focus was more to just get back on the store even if it meant stripping the game even more bare than it was. They probably could've removed 30% of the city and tens of thousands of assets to bolster things but instead rendering speed and quality has taken a knock. 

When it does relaunch on Playstation, I'm not expecting much of a fanfare especially considering how humiliating this situation was.

*edit - now confirmed to be available on June 21st. 

Well, they've eventually got to make money somehow so not surprised to see it go back on. Has anyone gone back to this to see how its fairing up at all? I know there was many FGers playing this game and trying it out.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Well, they've eventually got to make money somehow so not surprised to see it go back on.

They made a £215,000,000 profit on the game and that's after the game was pulled and refunds were issued. They literally could have refunded every Playstation user and still come away in the green🤣

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been put on a crazy sale yet.  The most I've seen it down is 20% off.  I can see this being a ps plus game at some point.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I bought the disc version for 25£, stated it included the PS5 version. Kinda enjoyed the game and only had one bug. Tried it on the PS5 to check the look on it but couldn't find the PS5 version. Think the store screwed me or they thought it had both versions. Didn't do many side missions though. 

7 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I bought the disc version for 25£, stated it included the PS5 version. Kinda enjoyed the game and only had one bug. Tried it on the PS5 to check the look on it but couldn't find the PS5 version. Think the store screwed me or they thought it had both versions. Didn't do many side missions though. 

PS5 upgrade isn't out yet - it's free to existing owners (disc and digital) later this year. 

10 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been put on a crazy sale yet.  The most I've seen it down is 20% off.  I can see this being a ps plus game at some point.

It's still selling well for some reason. People are paying $40 now digitally when they could've got it in bargain bins 3 months ago for $20. 

13 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

If people are still buying it right now, then they'll keep it out there at higher prices for as long as they can. People are impatient so its unsuprising to see it being bought. I do think it'll go to its lowest value a month before the PS5 upgrade is due.

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah, I think CD Project still have plans for it, multiplayer anyone?😅

I'll keep my diary free in 2031 when it comes out 😁

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

7 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

PS5 upgrade isn't out yet - it's free to existing owners (disc and digital) later this year. 

It's still selling well for some reason. People are paying $40 now digitally when they could've got it in bargain bins 3 months ago for $20. 

Ah, no wonder I didn't find it 😄

6 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah, I think CD Project still have plans for it, multiplayer anyone?😅

Did you see that the free post-release DLC they were hyping up as part of the 'apology' shite is actually content that's been in the game since day one - it was cut and in an unpolished/unfinished state but how tacky and cheap is that to use recycled content from the bin instead of developing something new as promised😂 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Did you see that the free post-release DLC they were hyping up as part of the 'apology' shite is actually content that's been in the game since day one - it was cut and in an unpolished/unfinished state but how tacky and cheap is that to use recycled content from the bin instead of developing something new as promised😂 

BFV too, EA/DICE dropped support for it despite having lots more content in there no-one got access to.

But yeah, really, CDPR's behaviour pre (and I'm still finding this staggering) post launch is incredibly short-sighted and pretty despicable.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So CDPR remove half their staff to finish patching the game and then they hire mod makers to bail them out

kwQB45PdWoHC7GQyHLYEw6-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Cyberpunk 2077 got official mod support in January, but not much has happened since—until now.

This is a really shameful move. The modders have completely upstaged the developers but instead of taking inspiration from the mods and improving the game officially, they do this which seems incredibly desperate. Great for the modders but more embarrassing stuff from CDPR.