Nvidia shoots itself in the foot...and other vital body parts!

Plumbers Crack

So, long story short, the back end of last week it emerged that Nvidia seemed to be strong arming a relatively small (~ 600k subs) independent review channel called Hardware Unboxed to change their output to reflect the company line...naturally HU reached out to the community and the shite hit the fan with Linus (12.6m subs) and JayZ (3.06m subs) wading in... The interwebz can do good things if it wants, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy..start with the WAN Show where Linus really gets passionate!...

then... JayZTwoCents...

...and finish with the victims response and Nvidia backing off...

Good to see people pulling together like this 👍

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I don't understand the mentality of these big companies always picking on smaller content creators - this will reach the big ones faster than any negative publicity generated by the small YouTuber associated with the product. It's a PR mistake that keeps on being made across many domains. Let's not forget how many gamers were screwed over my Nvidia's retarded supply chain where thousands upon thosands of units globally ended up in the hands of scalpers rather than established partnered retailers. 

Amazing how all these multi-billion dollar companies get triggered by tiny things. 

The bits that I can’t work out is 1) how did nvidia ever think it wouldn’t get out and wouldn’t cause a massive backlash which leads on to 2) why didn’t they come up with almost any other reason as they could have chosen a number that would have left Hardware Unboxed without cards but without the fuss.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png