Back 4 Blood

J4MES OX4D

Left 4 Dead 3 essentially, just a different name. Looks very good. It'll be all about the shooting mechanics for me.

With this and that WH40k game, Dark Tides, due out too, 2021 will be a good year for coop shooters. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I can't believe the price is £49.99 up to £90 for the ultimate edition - I can honestly see this go the same way Evolve because of this alone. A group of friends aren't going to collectively spend £200 for a game like this really. Left 4 Dead's main attraction, other than being on a good engine with excellent support, was largely the price - although it really flourished years down the line and in the sales; £15/$20 was an ideal pricepoint. It's not like this game is licensed either so there really is no excuse to charge AAA pricing. 

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I can't believe the price is £49.99 up to £90 for the ultimate edition - I can honestly see this go the same way Evolve because of this alone. A group of friends aren't going to collectively spend £200 for a game like this really. Left 4 Dead's main attraction, other than being on a good engine with excellent support, was largely the price - although it really flourished years down the line and in the sales; £15/$20 was an ideal pricepoint. It's not like this game is licensed either so there really is no excuse to charge AAA pricing. 

Left 4 Dead's main attraction for me that it was free, they put it on there for free once many years ago for a couple of days but didn't advertise it. I think we may have discussed itr on here somewhere back in the day.

But yeah this company have bad form and it may go free to play at some point, so probably not for me. I'll just hope the Warhammer game isn't shite like the usual crap that gets a games workshop skin. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Left 4 Dead's main attraction for me that it was free, they put it on there for free once many years ago for a couple of days but didn't advertise it. I think we may have discussed itr on here somewhere back in the day.

I think Valve gave it away for free around 2014 but even before then, it was already a very established game with a strong playerbase and excellent mod support thanks to the Source engine. Back 4 Blood is running on Unreal and is being published by Warner Bros which alone rings alarm bells. I think the game does look pretty good but those devs have a lot to prove not being carried by Valve and the price really needs some justifying else it'll be dead after a month. 

Left 4 Dead 3 under Source 2 would've be bloody ideal and it beggars belief how Valve cannot count to the magic number! 

I need to understand what the selling point is above CoD zombies cos most of us have that already on the latest ones.

Its more likely a £30 game on the face of it right now.

Anyone tried the beta? I could not be bothered. Shills are shilling hard but the general consensus seems to be that this game isn't all that fun, it's bloated and will be filled with microtransacitons. I still can't believe it's £50 to £90 - £25 or 4 for £90 would have been much more appealing. 

Left 4 Dead 3 on Source 2 with mod support would have been a monumental success but this Warner Bros tripe will struggle worse than Evolve IMO. 

It looked like L4D version 3 but worried it was a shallow game and it sounds like it is. I think if it goes down in price and people wanna try it could come on my radar but we've got things like World War Z that is 4 player and zombie killing levels anyway and that serves its purpose.

I was interested in this, but I can’t justify spending money on such a limited experience.  I wasn’t really into the L4D series either.  I think I’m just done with “zombie” games.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 8/11/2021 at 8:26 PM, Riff Machine said:

I was interested in this, but I can’t justify spending money on such a limited experience.  I wasn’t really into the L4D series either.  I think I’m just done with “zombie” games.  

It is in free open beta right now. I can't help but feel the guy in the previous review video was trying to be a snarky movie critic. One of his pieces being about the pipe bomb in L4D compared to B4B... they're almost identical so I am not sure if he views L4D as a cult classic so nothing you could do would ever be acceptable. The game is also balls difficult which is nice and the card system is really cool to get you feeling specialized in certain roles. 

What you get to play right now is stellar, and really feels like the spiritual next gen of Left 4 Dead. My only critique is the PVP mode is no longer 4v4, it's more of a hoard mode with special infected. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Can't seem to play solo with AI in the beta, which is annoying.

Tried the PS5 version and remembered why I hate auto aim. The PC version was surprisingly enjoyable compared to what I was expecting.

But I only did the first Act with some randoms, so I'll hold judgement until I either play solo or with FGers.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

22 hours ago, Diddums said:

Horde games are my least liked genre, even CoD Zombies at its absolute best struggles to hold me, despite @tronic44's best efforts to get me involved. 

I'm kind of the same, I get bored with them very very quickly. I always start L4D thinking this is awesome and I'm done by 30 minutes, don't need no more.

CoD Zombies though for some reason I really enjoy, probably because of all the problem solving and working out what you're supposed to do next.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 1/2/2022 at 7:28 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

This video really highlights the difference in quality and philosophy games had back then

Jesus. Great video. The last few minutes is very telling if it helps people save some time aswell.

Such a shame. My lad has it but hasn't tried it yet. Its not worth the money for any of us here I don't believe.