Ghosts of Tsushima Wins GOTY

J4MES OX4D

This is a deserved outcome with some hilarious circumstances - TLOU2 was leading by 43% to 31% in the final stages before Neil Druckmann (creator of TLOU2) dropped this Tweet;

image.png.1d9ea7e247928e5056c5be07dedea811.png

Funny how everyone who didn't enjoy this game is still a 'hater'. Anyhow, this put gamers on alert, many of whom didn't even know about these shitty awards and suddenly everyone en masse started voting for Ghosts of Tsushima instead. This made Neil Cuckman issue this Tweet;

GOTY2.jpg.d8995faf3ccc28b722717d8f7d1c28d6.jpg

Anyone familiar with the story of Druckmann and TLOU2 will know that for weeks they falsely copyright struck down several content creators who merely talked about the game after it was leaked. Livelihoods were put at risk and some channels were permanently marked forever even for doing nothing wrong. However videos that praised the game during the leak period were untouched and even praised by the studio for outrageous double standards. Druckmann also made some horrendous accusations to individuals and encouraged friends and fans to bully them to extremes.

GoT went on to win GOTY with huge victory margin and massive turnaround;

GOTY3.jpg.1e671bf1fecbb4816c9d65f75adc1955.jpg

TLOU2 probably would have won had Druckmann not piped up. After the result was announced, as per usual the activists pretending to be journalists of gaming were out in force blaming right wing terrorist groups and homophobic transphobes for Ghosts taking the title and anyone that bought the game being 'violent' towards women. The same accusations made against people who didn't enjoy TLOU2 as a game back in the summer. 

Personally I am baffled that The Last of Us Part 2 was even nominated because outside of its staggeringly beautiful world, it is one of the most embarrassing and error-strewn stories I have ever come across, with some amateur execution that defies logic along with calamitous mistakes and dreadful pacing. It's almost like fan fiction crafted by a middle school teen level of quality and probably the worst narrative I have ever seen in any piece of media. Miles Morales also got nominated and destroyed which was an equally weird inclusion. 

I'm not too bothered about the devalued GOTY tag but this outcome and circumstances really made me chuckle and it's another great victory for a deserved winner and gamers alike.