Reverse Boosting

J4MES OX4D

It's amazing how many people are doing this, particularly YouTubers. Reverse Boosting is when you have a side account with tanked stats (below 0.50 k/d) in which you join session with your main on a formed lobby and then back-out with your side account. You are basically in a exceptionally weak lobby with your main account being the end result.  

It's so blatant and the quality of the content produced is absolutely embarrassing - even recruit bot matches are more of a challenge and livelier. Here is the most infamous example which is absolutely cringeworthy to watch especially when the dude tries to be overly dramatic:-

COD YouTuber ExclusiveAce put out a funny video after trying this tactic and this was the end result:-

This is borderline cheating really. These players are incredibly bad at the game and this could be down to age, general ability or even a disability and the last thing they need is some sweaty cancer content creator to obliterate the lobby and shame them in the process. Considering how strict SBMM is in COD now, it's farcical that such a simple and effective loophole exists. Activision however get paid off twice for this to happen so I wouldn't expect it to be plugged at all. 

If you're ever watching a video and you see a 3 k/d player posting a score of 100-0 you know exactly what they've done to get it.  

Yeah it's pretty disgusting imo. The bracket of people that they are trying to protect ends up getting washed with these sharks out for high kill gameplays, nukes etc.

Still tho, not that I'm defending these YouTubers. But that is their living and income. You fuck with that, then they will find a way to exploit it. If SBMM wasn't as harsh as it is then they wouldn't have to resort to such slimy tactics.

People of all Skill levels grumble about SBMM. It makes the game too competitive for the average and above average player. All the pro players can't maintain a 2kd, what does that tell you?

Nobody wants to sweat everygame, it's just not fun. 

The average player is way more skilled these days. The bar is set higher than ever before. 

Because how well MW did, Activision will continue to keep it jacked up.

There isn't much inventive to improve. You will get punished by what feels like playing Vs Scump and his mates if you have a run of good games.

Gone are the days when you could hold your own in a lobby, but have to compete Vs 1 absolute beast on the enemy team. Eventually over time you could almost improve enough to compete. But you died plenty and learnt a lot over time. Thus making you a more well rounded player. 

On 11/30/2020 at 11:25 AM, IRaMPaGe said:

Still tho, not that I'm defending these YouTubers. But that is their living and income. You fuck with that, then they will find a way to exploit it. If SBMM wasn't as harsh as it is then they wouldn't have to resort to such slimy tactics.

Understand that totally, but I suppose more broadly I've always been intrigued what attracts people to their channels. Maybe back in the day it was all about the best gunplay around but would it be the same today? Or is the biggest reaction? I don't think you have to be 'good' anymore to be a top youtuber - something i'm not so sure whether thats right or wrong tbh.

22 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Another one bites the dust

CF.thumb.jpg.9de095a33e0233e1f03bb84b9b2f3745.jpg

TWO DAYS LATER WHEN CAUGHT...

CF2.jpg.413446e7995bc06eae995ad68a55a54e.jpg

Yeah Chain feeds is probably the worst culprit of the lot. These people with like 4-5 even 6-7kds and most of the pro players can barely hold a 2kd.

Back to what I was saying, if harsh Sbmm exists so does the reverse boosting. So Activation ain't protecting that vulnerable/disabled players bracket at all if these YouTubers just find ways around it.

I believe that Sbmm should still exist, but not as strong or consistent as it is currently. I like competition, but when everygame is a sweatfest when your trying for camos and challenges it's tough.

How much of a sad prick do you have to be to reverse boost just to make yourself look good at the game? You're ruining the fun of much lesser skilled - and possibly disabled -  players just so you can go on Youtube and brag about how you're l33tPr0 at the game.

The main issue is that there's nothing Activision can do about it. They refuse to talk about or even acknowledge that SBMM in it's current form is in the game. If they start punishing players for reverse boosting then they're admitting SBMM *is* in the game and that will give them no end of problems.

fart.gif

7 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I love GGReloaded's video on it

Absolutely by far the best 

This guy gets it spot on.

I have no problems with people joining session but they have to admit it, strict Sbmm should not be in the game, and if some people use work around to have fun good for them, it's a fucking game.

All this participation, holding hand bullshit is a modern day disease to coin a phrase.... Get better

22 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Every time I see the name of this thread pop up I think it's a new term for a sex position I'm not hip enough to know yet🤔

Well SBMM is where you get fucked if you happen to be a superior player 😉

On 1/6/2021 at 10:50 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

"but they're likely to be new players, with average K/D ratios skewing as low as 0.72 in some games"....in some games? That's where I live in all CoD games, baby!! 🤣

I know right, the whole sentiment reminds me of Kevin Bridges the comedian. He is talking about totally average things as if it's abnormal in the perspective of a couple. "And next we have a documentary on the 14 stone man, who had 2 chicken Kiev's and chips and afterwards had 2 whole kit kats and a cup of tea." "Omg it's disgusting I can't watch, how can he do that" 😂

Activision have demanded that the SBMM Warzone website shuts down despite it using the public API tool to generate its information. They are basically protecting users who abuse the matchmaking process - seeing that's most of their content creators, I can see why. 

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

It's done

So Activision implements SBMM and then takes down a website using its public tool to show which accounts abuse/cheat it which is a reportable offence!? Logic. 

Its weird because as per JGOD's most recent video, there's around 2-3 other sites which do similar things...

2 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Its weird because as per JGOD's most recent video, there's around 2-3 other sites which do similar things...

There's a few others and I'm sure many more will pop up but Activision will likely dish out some cease and desist orders or just shut them down in tandem too. They may even restrict the API which could impact eSport sites and even in-game data but it depends how much they are willing to cover up this issue. This site was very well known and growing whereas the others aren't so Activision may hope it fizzles out or they have a bit of time to monitor and see if the others pose a threat. 

I think one of the big factors going forward will be information ease of accessibility - if a site could integrate a plugin or have an app running where the user could get instant information whilst in-game then they may make some serious fast steps.  It's so pathetic because if they just honored the very rules they created regarding reverse boosting then the game would be great to play and fair. 

12 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

There's a few others and I'm sure many more will pop up but Activision will likely dish out some cease and desist orders or just shut them down in tandem too. They may even restrict the API which could impact eSport sites and even in-game data but it depends how much they are willing to cover up this issue. This site was very well known and growing whereas the others aren't so Activision may hope it fizzles out or they have a bit of time to monitor and see if the others pose a threat. 

I think one of the big factors going forward will be information ease of accessibility - if a site could integrate a plugin or have an app running where the user could get instant information whilst in-game then they may make some serious fast steps.  It's so pathetic because if they just honored the very rules they created regarding reverse boosting then the game would be great to play and fair. 

I think one of the sites in JGOD's video has an app you can download for PC and it has an overlay for your stats at the bottom and also a pop up top right when you get killed and a "hacking probability" rating also

6 hours ago, Dan94 said:

I think one of the sites in JGOD's video has an app you can download for PC and it has an overlay for your stats at the bottom and also a pop up top right when you get killed and a "hacking probability" rating also

I bet Activision will make that overlay and any others a recognised cheat so ironically users of that will get banned from the game. That would be the most typical thing they would do. 

15 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I bet Activision will make that overlay and any others a recognised cheat so ironically users of that will get banned from the game. That would be the most typical thing they would do. 

Well if their actual ban system is anything to go by.... 😄