So it begins...the first steps on the Upgrade Path!

Plumbers Crack

So I relocated from the original blue Man Cave when Al came home and ended up here.....

Original 66.jpg

Not great and, in the end, I thought "Sod it!" and threw the spare bed out. A quick purchase on Amazon got me a pair of Cat 7 (Yeah, I know, overkill but shielded and future proof) cables and a visit to Screwfix for the rest of the mini trunking etc and the project was underway....

Trunking 1 66.jpg

Trunking 2 66.jpg

Off with the old single socket and on with a new double with USB ports....

Socket 66.jpg

A visit to the local second hand office furniture outlet with some reddies and we're good to go...

Desk 1 66.jpg

Rip the kit out of the alcove and bring it upstairs - the nice thing is I've cable managed the desk properly with a cable basket and (pipe) clips so there are no trailing cables on the floor to catch my feet which is a great improvement....

Desk 2 66.jpg

As you can see I still have to share the space with the ironing board and bedroom furniture but it's a massive improvement.....

Panorama 66.jpg

Next up, I'm waiting for a parcel from Scan, unfortunately already 3 days late and not picked yet, with the first component upgrade...stay tuned!!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Some great updates in there Dave @Plumbers Crack , looking fantastic and a massive difference to what you had 😍 Loving the subtle things like usb sockets (you're making me think i should invest in these) and also love the RGB on your stuff on top of the table too.

Extra bonus points for having FG and 7 Days up on your pics...and also having your beloved FG mug sitting there in all its glory 😎

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Some great updates in there Dave @Plumbers Crack , looking fantastic and a massive difference to what you had 😍 Loving the subtle things like usb sockets (you're making me think i should invest in these) and also love the RGB on your stuff on top of the table too.

Extra bonus points for having FG and 7 Days up on your pics...and also having your beloved FG mug sitting there in all its glory 😎

I've been wanting to do the USB sockets for a while now as well.  I just know that as soon as I install them, some fancy new tech will come along and make them irrelevant.  lol

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Well, Scan finally delivered....

Box 66.jpg

...and now we have dual displays. Be interesting to see if it's worthwhile keeping both wired up

both monitors 66.jpg

I think that may be it for upgrades this year as there seems to be shortages of all the new release PC components but I'll keep my eyes open. Also need to decide cooling method

On 12/6/2020 at 10:37 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

Thanks guys 👍If anyone knows how to force 7 days to stay on one screen....

Someone helped me recently with this. Quickest way is to 'Extend' the screens over both with Windows button + P. Then make 7 Days within a window rather than full screen. You literally then just drag it to the relevant screen you want and then maximise back up to full screen. It'll stay there then moving forward (it does for me when i leave stuff like that).

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Spec for my new baby is.....

Corsair 5000D Airflow case

Asus ROGCrosshair VIII Hero WiFi mobo

64Gb Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 3600 RAM

AMD Ryzen 5950X CPU

EVGA Geforce RTX3090 XC3 Ultra GPU

2 x Corsair 1Tb MP600 M.2 PCIe Gen 4 SSD

1 x Seagate 4Tb HDD

Corsair RM1000X PSU

iCue H150 Elite Capellix AIO Cooler

4 x 120mm Corsair ML120 Pro-RGB case fans

Hopefully this will last me well into my dotage!! 🤣

That's one hell of a rig Dave, I don't think Minecraft will stretch its legs 😄

Wow, I'm impressed. I'm pretty sure you've just planted yourself very firmly at the top of the tree here, nobody's beating that any time soon! 

Whatcha doing with the old one?

banlol.png

13 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Whatcha doing with the old one?

I'm hanging on to the monitor for the time being but, once all my data's transferred and wiped from the old one, I've told Lee that as it was very kind of you guys to get me started back into PC gaming, I'll pop it back  into the FGFGF 👍

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Any thoughts on games to test the new system?

Hah.

XO_CJ4_02-scaled.jpg
WWW.FLIGHTSIMULATOR.COM

Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises.