PS4 or PS5???? HELP!

Middle Class Caveman

So, today I've sold a piece of equipment i'm not using out of my gym, that means i've got £200 of disposable income (a novelty with an 8 month old!), the sensible Mr Giles side of me wants to put £150 into my investments and spend £50 on a PS4 copy of cold war.

The deviant side of me wants to bank to £200 and wait until xmas (We get a little bonus at xmas) to put the other £300 to it and get a PS5 with cold war......

My question is, is there a massive difference in quality between the two consoles? I literally only play CoD on consoles so I would be spending £500 to play 1 game. Hence why I usually wait until consoles have been out a year or so and buy them at a reduced price. However, I really feel like the PS4 is old tech and struggles to run games well at this point. 

signatures small.jpg

For your purposes you have no need spend money on a PS5. It's faster and has a new controller. Unless you want to play in 4K or at 120 refresh rate (and have a TV that can handle that refresh rate) there's no real need right now. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Definitely not worth getting a console just for one game especially if it's available through other means which offer the same level of quality. The only difference with the PS5 version is some ray traced reflections on Miami and the ability to play at a higher framerate. That's pretty much it. The availability of the console is also extremely limited through legitimate means. 

I would wait until there is specific games you are interested in that are built exclusively for the new gen especially if you are still happy with your existing machine. 

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Do you really want to play CW? Why not try it on PC?

I have a 5 year old MacBook @Plumbers Crack  so I won’t be able to run the new COD as it fucking struggles with classic WoW and that’s a 16 year old game 🙈

signatures small.jpg

On 11/25/2020 at 4:14 PM, Middle Class Caveman said:

Sounds like the PS4 version is the right answer. Thanks guys

Yep. Just to add my 2p in case others are still figuring out what to do, I just think its a little early for next gen consoles. Theres a few games coming out in the next few weeks but not much to set the world alight. Only buy if you can afford it imo. Hopefully bundles will be out by Jan 2021.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yep. Just to add my 2p in case others are still figuring out what to do, I just think its a little early for next gen consoles. Theres a few games coming out in the next few weeks but not much to set the world alight. Only buy if you can afford it imo. Hopefully bundles will be out by Jan 2021.

yeh this was my thinking, I literally only play CoD on the regular so it doesn’t seem worth spending £500 for 1 game

signatures small.jpg