Deep Stone Crypt first impressions - Spoilers but not many !

Baabcat

Saturday 6pm DST opened up on D2, and a bunch of FG teams gave it a go, blind and suffering from contest mode which made stuff hit hard. Not sure how other teams got on but me, Venom, Gazza, Scott (red), Geebs and Nick gave it a near 6 hour go, and I for 1 had an absolute blast. 

Apart from the sparrow bit at the start - can see that being the bane of my life for the next few months.

Going blind was tremendous and even though it took about 5 hours to beat the first encounter it never got dull or frustrating, the challenge of understanding the mechanics, understanding the main problems (looking at you exploder shanks!) and working out a strategy for beating  it was great, with loads of ideas and suggestions and even hand drawn maps ! After 5 hours of struggle finally beating the room was a tremendous high. Even though worlds first had just been announced for the full raid completion).

The encounter is excellent, and i can see us getting it down quickly next time, when we wont have level disadvantage and we have a nailed down strategy. Wont say too much about it in case other want to do blind.

Next boss looks like a cluster fuck, but Charlie has done it now with LFG and says its ok. No spoiler but get that new exotic quest done!

Hope the other teams had a good time, blind raids come around so rarely that its really worth the effort to be ready for them. Would be interested to hear how you got on

If my team want to have a go at the first boss tonight I'd be good for it, if not perhaps Thursday to brave that bloody sparrow part again!

It was a phenomenal ride and something I wasn't initially intending to do but as the week went on I felt if we could get a team together it would be worth it - and it didn't disappoint. @Baabcat  @Venom  @RedXIII  @Greboth and @Bluebear  shared joint Worlds first for approximately 10 minutes whilst we navigated the first 'Sparrow' encounter. Just getting from post to post was incredibly hard with the blizzard in full force throughout that section. A great opening though for sure.

Once we made it to the second 'Security' encounter, we bounced many ideas around and slowly made progress through it on our own. It felt great how people were working theories through on the spot and then giving them a go. Nick made a huge breakthrough with the 'Operator' and 'Scanner' roles which jumped us forward to working out the main part and then we had to work out the damage phase. Scott then gave us the right direction which left us with the task of just killing the fuses. Yeah, about that. That was super difficult with contest mode on and exploder shanks, Captains, and the Overload Captain all around you. Not even a Well would keep us alive when they got too close.

After hours of trying to stay alive, no one gave up, no one quit and we were determined to get the job done. A quick fly to orbit because we noticed the enemies were starting to lag around quite abit we went back in and after a few tries and getting really close - including one where it glitched the screen, we all went blind and blown a red fuse and didn't complete correctly - we managed to clutch the final fuse with a number of us dead.

The feeling was incredible and the reaction was priceless. You would have though we beat the entire raid and it was just one encounter! The experience was extremely worth it and reminded me of what makes this game so god damn good when you get a bunch of us together to work out puzzles and take down a bunch of crazy space enemies. And the loot is incredible btw.

We went on to have a look at the 3rd encounter but that seems even more complex so worthwhile looking at that to understand mechanics before trying again. The design of this raid is super good and it brings out the story even more. Very dark, and very cool. Some surprises in there that link to the story that even people not that into it would say is cool imo.

My hope is to get a completion before 1st December. That raid jacket reward finally looks wearable and worth it! 🤣😎

GGFG all and hope that all the other teams had a fun time in doing their first run blind!

So I managed to do a bit more of the raid today with a chill LFG group.

Antraks fight, now contest mode is off, doesn't seem too bad, go to move quickly for the various boss damage phase but the mechanics are pretty simple, and the new exotic sword Laminate does a ton of damage, so a good fun fight  - dropped the shotgun

Next up is a jumping puzzle, with a chest (shotgun), actually pretty easy jumping puzzle nothing to be afraid of !

Next up is boss phase 1 - with a new role added - Suppressor. Awesome fight, chaotic, but manageable, stick to your roles, kill the adds, nothing too hard, but plenty of adds in a tight space makes it challenging but fun - really enjoyed. Got the shotgun!

Thats 3 shotguns !!

Then had a look at the boss fight - like CoS the previous fight basically gets you versed in most of the mechanics, you just need to put it together and deal with one of two other quirks - didnt get it done, but overall very impressive fight, and a very good raid. Running this multiple times with a team would be great, as plenty of roles to get used to, but overall a great team raid, and i would say not too hard once the contest mode is gone and adds actually die. With all the stuff that unlocked after the raid, and i suspect more to come, I'm thinking Bungie have done a pretty stellar job on BL

Awesome time getting the raid cleared last night, great run from the gang (no idea how you do that thing where you do @GazzaGarratt, oh wow, just did it, so add @Venom  @reaper-2201  @Teenwolf25  @Forty6_N_two ), was amazing to get the clear after a glitched final fight the run before. Amazing raid, well worth running, good that everyone is involved always, and also good that any of the roles aren't super hard. Great times!  Also Charlie dropped that rocket launcher on his 3rd completion so he can stop bitching about 1k taking 50 completions, thank you!