Prestige System

J4MES OX4D

My understanding is there are currently 3 prestige levels (55, 50 and 100) in this 'pre-season' period. I expect more to be added once the actual season/battle pass (separate leveling) starts. Thankfully you keep all you stuff earned but what's struck me is that the levels are really slow rather than mimicking that of the first prestige XP rate. Prestige One level 1 may as well be level 56 with the amount of XP required - it's taken me about 8 matches just to reach level 3. Getting to level 50 for Prestige 2 is going to be one hell of a slog. 

I've seen quite a few Prestige 3 level 100's already which is just fucking insane. They have to be playing and sweating it non-stop for over 12 hours a day to reach that level holy fuck. Either that or they are consuming a crazy amount of Mountain Dew and Doritos for the DXP codes. 

31 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

My mate said earlier it's about 30,000xp per rank after prestige 1 level 55 it seems

It seems like it - I've played quite a few games today and only gone from Prestige one level 1 to 8 - usually I can nail that in about 4 matches but now it's taking 5-6 matches just to level. I honestly don't know how some people have maxed out already. 

31 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Any advantage to Prestige in Cold War this time out?

Not yet but the Prestige Shop and other elements will arrive in season one so you can earn at least 3 prestige keys right to unlock stuff in the shop when it comes. Ranking seems more worthwhile than the main level grind that was in Modern Warfare. 

58 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Any advantage to Prestige in Cold War this time out?

I think it's automatic anyway.

Oh and there's 1000 levels each season? So once you hit the prestige cap for that season you can carry on to level 1000 or that is how I saw it🤷

@J4MES OX4D  @datfroggieguy is your prestige3 level 100 guy 😉

5 hours ago, techno said:

I think it's automatic anyway.

Oh and there's 1000 levels each season? So once you hit the prestige cap for that season you can carry on to level 1000 or that is how I saw it🤷

@J4MES OX4D  @datfroggieguy is your prestige3 level 100 guy 😉

I still don't know how it works entirely - there are currently 3 prestiges in the game with levels 55, 50 and 100 but the seasonal ranking is apparently a completely different system on top like a big battle pass. I assume there will be more prestige levels added for each season but none of the explanations I have read explain it clearly. It will probably be a really simple system too but it's been made to sound so bloody convoluted!

I think the current level cap is prestige 3 level 100. 

11 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I still don't know how it works entirely - there are currently 3 prestiges in the game with levels 55, 50 and 100 but the seasonal ranking is apparently a completely different system on top like a big battle pass. I assume there will be more prestige levels added for each season but none of the explanations I have read explain it clearly. It will probably be a really simple system too but it's been made to sound so bloody convoluted!

I think the current level cap is prestige 3 level 100. 

Is there another visual glitch atm? I've seen people Prestige 3 Level 100 and also Prestige 1 Level 100. Confused.com 😄 

6 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Is there another visual glitch atm? I've seen people Prestige 3 Level 100 and also Prestige 1 Level 100. Confused.com 😄 

I've seen some Prestige 2, level 60+ users which completely threw me. Either it's glitched or players can choose their prestige icon to display. This whole system needs clarification!

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I've seen some Prestige 2, level 60+ users which completely threw me. Either it's glitched or players can choose their prestige icon to display. This whole system needs clarification!

Pretty sure it's a glitch, when in party it's the correct badge but as soon as get into a game it changes back to prestige 1 lol. Brilliant testing done. 

I've reached second prestige now but instead of going back to level one, you continue from level 50. So essentially there are 155 levels in the entire leveling like MW rather than having 55 military ranks then 50 levels plus 100 more as I initially thought. It now makes a bit more sense why so many users reached max level in the first week😂

The icon is definitely bugged though because in-game it shows the prestige one icon despite me being level 52 in the second prestige. The menus seem fine though. Double XP or not, there was no way I was sifting through 100 levels in the final pre-season prestige!

Now from my understanding, season one will have 4 prestiges with 50 levels each totaling 200. It definitely will be easy to grasp once it comes out but the way it's been explained by the devs and then the media is painful. YouTubers making 18-24 minute videos about this and they still didn't seem to understand it either. 

I don't like it. Why even call it prestige if all you're doing is continuing to level up without anything changing. 
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy there being progress after you reach the initial cap but they should have just called it something else. 

I guess I was just hoping for the same old: prestige, lose everything, do it all again. Wasn't broken, why change it. 

On average I get about 10k a domination game, sometimes more sometimes a bit less. So w/o 2x XP, it's going to be about 3 games per level. Eh.

8 hours ago, Horrible_Hector said:

I guess I was just hoping for the same old: prestige, lose everything, do it all again. Wasn't broken, why change it. 

Treyarch's tagline about this is they don't want to make players 'feel they are losing everything' which is kinda stupid. I guess with all the master prestige level 1000 players they've garnered over the years and all the blank battle pass tiers, they've almost injected this mentality of soulless level grinding as progress. Also every level seems to have the same XP requirement rather than a scaling system so I'm practically going up a rank every two matches with DXP without fail. 

When season one hits (same day as Cyberpunk) I probably wont even prestige once especially if there isn't a drastic upturn in content variety. 

I've finally reached Level 100 and prestige 3 which is the pre-season max in around 35 hours. Wasn't expecting to manage this but this double exp week and a few games of Nuketown has helped. My reward is a poxy 3 prestige shop keys which will probably unlock me some shitty emotes, a skin and some garbage player card. Glad I reached this milestone though and it's probably the furthest I've gone in a COD for a very long time but I'm not sure how much I will commit myself to the game once season one kicks off.

CWCR.thumb.jpg.3ca347338dc99a635445ad1caeb3be36.jpg

I'm not as decent as I was back in the day but I've gone toe to toe with some ridiculous G-Fueled sweats loaded with Doritos and Mountain Dew so it's not too bad and my W/L is pretty good especially as I've only played solo. I'll probably have a break from the game now as I've seen all there is to see - may still have the odd-match now and then over the next ten days but the lack of content is disappointing to say the least. 

So far the way prestigeing works is you automatically prestige when you reach the lvl. You don't have the choice. There are currently only 3 prestiges. After your 1st prestige you start at lvl1 and keep going up from there to a current max of 100. When season 1 starts, they are adding 4 more prestiges. The season lvls themselves are separate from the prestige and will reset upon new season. Your prestige lvl with stay the same. You get nothing special except a couple cosmetic items and prestige keys which you can't use yet. Your gear unlocks do not reset upon prestige. Prestige keys will be able to be used in the store hopefully at the start of season 1. 

My issue is all this excess xp I have.... will it bleed over or am I waiting xp on challenges..... im currently 70%+ done onn challenges..... 

datfroggieguynewsig.jpg

So as I read it once you hit a prestige in a season you continue to level up but when that season ends it resets you back to the beginning of that prestige ie I'm prestige 1 level 20 if I don't play the game I reset back to prestige 1 level 1 on new season start. So if your near a prestige rank up towards the end of the season best play till you do prestige but if you aren't there's no need to play you may as well wait as your burning EP 🤔