My New Generation Console

phil bottle

On 6/28/2021 at 12:51 PM, phil bottle said:

The Xbox UI leaves a lot to be desired. I used to like the old 360 system but the current one is a mess.

My TV supports 4k and 120 but I've only played Forza 7 so far, which is a great game but not as good as Gran Turismo imo.

The game pass is going to save me a lot of money I think.

Microsoft have really struggled with their UI since the Xbox One - they seem to like bloat rather than simplicity and functionality. I don't know why companies keep things simple than trying to convince their users they have some sort of state of the art supercomputer with limitless functions. 360 was clean, simple and very user friendly. The Series X doesn't seem as bad as the vanilla XB1 though but I can't believe Microsoft struggle so much with this aspect as evidenced by the Windows Store also. 

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

It's surprising how off putting it actually is. It's weird, if you press the Xbox button on the pad it brings up a mini UI which is much better. 

The PS5 interface ins't much better either. It's probably not too bad for Sony standards considering how clunky, outdated and unresponsive the PS4 one was but it's nuts how companies like this cannot get it right.