DATE: 15th January 2021

SESSION: Week 9 Day 3

CALORIES: ????

COMPOUNDS:

Squats 3x4@145kg

Feet up Bench Press 3x8@65kg

FEELINGS:

The fatigue is real 😓

Two hard heavy sessions at the start of the week and I am beat today. Also, I try to time my preworkout meal 2 hours from my work out so that I don’t feel bloated etc. However, today, just as I started my session the sofa removal people turned up - so that added a further 30 minutes delay. Half way through my squats, I was starving! 

Still today was just lots of volume so I basically went through the motions. No videos today. Instead here’s a picture of my back with lovely new bruises from my new bench!

036D4AA9-7ADA-40BA-BDBE-0DAA2561AEF2.jpeg

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 16th January 2021

SESSION: Week 9 Day 4

COMPOUNDS:

2 Second Pause Deadlift 4x2@160kg

3 Second Pause Bench Press 3x5@110kg

FEELINGS:

We made it! 9 weeks of hard graft. Wow I’m battered. Sore, tired, worn out, some pain here and there. 

Next week we will Deload, which means working at a lower capacity to give the body a chance to recover before we do a testing week. The sessions will be boring but necessary. I definitely going to run this program again, it has been so much fun. 

A94E1506-14D6-4AAF-B3DA-F703A4DE799A.jpeg

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 18th January 2021

SESSION: Week 10 Day 1

COMPOUNDS:

Deadlift 2x3@160kg

Box Squat 4x2@55kg+Chains

FEELINGS:

First session of the Deload. Nothing exciting but well earned. Just chill this week and get some rest I’m ready for a big week next week.

signatures small.jpg

Apologies for the slight absence last week, Deload is boring so no point documenting.

Today we did the 1st of three sessions for some testing. Deadlift.

I hit 220kg so easily, it flew up.

I went for 230kg for a raw lifetime PR (no deadlift suit) and it moved fast but for some reason I let my brain beat me because it started to slow at my knees and I dropped it. I’m gutted. 

We will continue to build.

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 1st February2021

SESSION: Week 1 Day 1

CALORIES: 2222

COMPOUNDS:

Bench press 4x6@105kg

Overhead press 3x10@50kg

FEELINGS:

Didn’t intentionally stifle my calories today but just didn’t get round to eating. New phase, new block, new goals. Bench went ok, still have a slight niggle in my left trap but it didn’t stop me.

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 3rd Feb 2021

Well today I went out to squat and got folded in half. I've completely over estimated my ability once again. Fuck I hate getting old! 

I've dropped a Kilo this week already (2.25lbs) from 110kg down to 109kg this morning so i'm in a bit too much of a deficit, I'm going to up my calories and take the rest of the week off from training because apparently my poor nervous system just can't handle maxing out any more.

Aiming to get down to under 100kgs. At this rate it should only take 4 weeks lol

signatures small.jpg

4 hours ago, RenFengge said:

Soooo.. no lifting happened? Lolol. 

People are spotting you when you lift heavy, right?

No lol, I got folded in half and squashed. Luckily I have safety straps on my rack.

No spotters as we are in lockdown here in the U.K. so I’ve been training alone since December. 

I’m going to rest this week and re-attack next week

signatures small.jpg

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Hope you're okay mate. Always sounds nasty as hell when you see the words 'folded in half' 🙈

Nah honestly it wasn't a big deal, just got to the bottom of the squat and could get back up so  bailed out and let the safety straps take the bar. 

signatures small.jpg

36 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Nah honestly it wasn't a big deal, just got to the bottom of the squat and could get back up so  bailed out and let the safety straps take the bar. 

Getting out of "the hole" is the most difficult part! Glad you were able to safely dump the bar.

DATE: 8th February2021

SESSION: Week 1 Day 1

CALORIES: 2800kcal

COMPOUNDS:

Squats 1x5@150kg

Squats 2x8@140kg

FEELINGS:

Ok, after a well earned rest week we are back! Started the same program again as I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Squats felt better and tonight was all Rep PR’s. I’ve never squatted 2 sets of 8 reps with 140kg and I defo had more in the tank. Loving life.

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 10th February2021

SESSION: Week 1 Day 2

CALORIES: 2300kcals

Deadlift 3x4@175kg

Bench press 1x3@130kg

Bench press 2x10@102kg

FEELINGS:

Not many calories consumed today because I fasted until 11am, not for any reason - it just went that way.

Deadlifts went good, feeling strong.

Bench went amazing, repping out my old max 😎

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 12th February2021

SESSION: Week 1 Day 3

CALORIES: 2670kcals

Squats 4x4@110kg +44kg chains

Bench press 4x4@65kg + 44kg chains

FEELINGS:

Although I’m going back through the program I wrote I am trying to make some changes to address my weak points. Using bands and chains this time round once a week will hopefully help me get through my sticking points. Plus they look cool!

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 13th February2021

SESSION: Week 1 Day 4

CALORIES: 2700kcals

Paused Deadlift 4x2@170kg

Paused Bench press 3x5@112.5kg

FEELINGS:

A really successful week lifting, I’m down 2kg too from 110 to 108, happy with that and happy with how my eating has gone in general. Next week should be good as I’m off from work so can take my time to eat solid meals and recover well!

signatures small.jpg

Love how peaceful and calm it looks with the Heavy Death Metal music going on in the background! 🤣 Love it dude, and you're looking pretty trim of late mate 😎 nice work.

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Love how peaceful and calm it looks with the Heavy Death Metal music going on in the background! 🤣 Love it dude, and you're looking pretty trim of late mate 😎 nice work.

Slowly chilling away mate. 4lb down in a couple of weeks but not sweating it too hard as it takes time to do it properly!

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 15th February2021

SESSION: Week 2 Day 1

CALORIES: 2400kcals

Deadlift 3x3@180kg

Squats 4x4@110kg+44kg Chains

FEELINGS:

I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so hopefully tomorrow I will have some good news and I’ve dropped a bit more weight, although my dinner is going to be late today so maybe not.

Deadlifts moved lovely and squats were ok, quads are sore from multiple sessions last week but that’s by design.

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 17th February2021

SESSION: Week 2 Day 2

CALORIES: 3000kcals

Bench Press 1x2@135kg

Bench Press 2x6@117.5kg

Overhead Press 3x4@72.5kg

FEELINGS:

Loved today’s session, hit some great bench press with Maddison watching and got a nice pump. Still struggling with a niggle in my left shoulder but it’s not really affecting my major movements so I’m just cracking on. 

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 19th February2021

SESSION: Week 2 Day 3

CALORIES: 3200kcals

Squats 3x6@140kg

FEELINGS:

The problem with half term at a heel is I become very sedentary. Playing lots of computer games, watching TV with the baby etc and that has an impact on my knee as my hips start tightening up. Today hurt. A lot. My left knee has had issues for years but today was the most painful session because I was unwilling to not get the work done. Stupid really. You can see that my squat looks shit too. Silly sausage.

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 22nd February 2022

SESSION: Week 3 Day 1

CALORIES: 2700kcals

Squats 1x8@145kg

Squats 2x6@142.5kg

Overhead Press 3x8@65kg

FEELINGS:

I forgot to put Saturdays session up! Apologies. It was nothing special just accessory stuff.

Today was hard as program sent us back to squats and my knee is still destroyed. However, everything moved really well and had no pain thank god.

Overhead press was real hard, ran out of energy but powered through.

signatures small.jpg

FITNESS PPR

DATE: 24th February 2022

SESSION: Week 3 Day 2

CALORIES: 3300kcals

Deadlifts 4x2@192.5kg

Bench Press 1x6@125kg

Bench Press 2x8@110kg

FEELINGS:

Dam I felt tired today, trained in the morning and it took me ages to get warmed up and moving. Still 125kgx6 on bench press is a rep PR so really happy with that. Deadlifts moved sharp so we are rocking and rolling 

signatures small.jpg

FITNESS PPR

DATE: 26th February 2021

SESSION: Week 3 Day 3

CALORIES: 3300kcals

Squats 4x4@105kg+44kg Chains

Bench Press 4x4@60kg+44kg Chains

FEELINGS:

I cannot wait to go back to work! All this sitting around is making me so bored and tired! 

signatures small.jpg