ELLIOTT’S FITNESS PPR

Middle Class Caveman

Well annoyingly I woke up Tuesday with Covid like symptoms! nooooooooo

Fortunately, I don't have it, apparently you can't just get a cold anymore - it's essentially a death sentence 😞

Took last week to rest as I don't want any germs in my gym as that's a real melting pot of people and bacteria. Back to the grind today, I have massage and then a session so will upload later. 

signatures small.jpg

Nice work mate, will have to give this a follow. 😎

Might actually start my own one when I start taking it more serious again in the New Year, getting myself a coach again who I know through Instagram. I know all about training, calories, macros etc just find that accountability maximises results for sure.

2 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Nice work mate, will have to give this a follow. 😎

Might actually start my own one when I start taking it more serious again in the New Year, getting myself a coach again who I know through Instagram. I know all about training, calories, macros etc just find that accountability maximises results for sure.

Having a coach is key, I'ma coach and have have been a client for many years so I would 100% agree to that buddy. 

Make sure you do start a fitness PPR as it is its own form of accountability! 

signatures small.jpg

1 hour ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Having a coach is key, I'ma coach and have have been a client for many years so I would 100% agree to that buddy. 

Make sure you do start a fitness PPR as it is its own form of accountability! 

Definitely, I know a lot of coaches who have coaches themselves, especially when it comes to bodybuilding preps or power lifting meets

DATE: 21st December 2020

SESSION: Week 6 Day 1

CALORIES: 3100kcal

SESSION:

Deadlift 3x4@170kg

Box squat 4x4@65kg + 44kg chains

FEELINGS:

Life gets in the way guys. Covid. Work. Baby. Xmas. It gets in the way. But. We. Go. Again.

Week 6 day 1 we are back in with some deadlifts and box squats. Feel good, strong and ready to let all of these extra calories do their job. I’m not going to track calories whilst I’m on Xmas break because I just don’t want to!

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 22nd December 2020

SESSION: Week 6 Day 2

CALORIES: ????

SESSION:

Bench Press 2x7@95kg

Overhead Press 3x4@65kg

FEELINGS:

A really solid session today, got a great pump too from the accessory work. Using some different pre-workout supplements this month and it’s nice to get something different in the veins to see how they impact the session. 

Bench moved well but had some slight pain/uncomfortable feeling in my shoulder socket. Hopefully just some fatigue build up. Overhead press flew up, glad to be moving some good weight again. 

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 24th December 2020

SESSION: Week 6 Day 3

SESSION:

Squat 1x1@160kg

Squat 2x7@130kg

FEELINGS:

We multitasked like a champ today, hitting some singles on squats and smoking my Xmas gammon on the kamodo. Squats moved lovely today and hitting 160kg for a nice smooth single was a good bench mark. I don’t know if I will ever get back to the 200kg club but to be honest being pain free in my knee is the priority right now and today was exactly that.

I normally like to train on Xmas day as a bit of a tradition but with Maddison it’s not going to happen so slipped my squats in today.

Merry Xmas all!

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 28th December 2020

SESSION: Week 7 Day 1

SESSION:

Squat 1x3@160kg

Squat 2x2@150kg

Overhead press 4x8@55kg

FEELINGS:

I was going to train Boxing Day for my 4th session last week but to be honest the indigestion was real. 🤣

Today I hit a triple with the same weight I did as a single last week and they were smooth as butter. This boy is getting strong! 4 more weeks on this cycle of training and then some testing. I’m going to do a separate post about my goals for next year 💪

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 30th December 2020

SESSION: Week 7 Day 2

SESSION:

3 Second Pause Deadlift 4x2@160kg

Bench Press 1x3@115kg

Bench Press 2x4@100kg

FEELINGS:

I fucking hate paused deadlifts. The amount of pressure that surges to the face is unreal in those 3 seconds. I’m surprised I’ve not burst any blood cells this training cycle. But we got them going.

Bench feeling super good, I put my powerlifting singlet on today. In the words of Flanders - feels like I’m wearing nothing at all! Got some Sous Vide steak cooking whilst I train. Life is fucking good!

Also, weighted pull ups with 12kg of chains is tough!

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 31st December 2020

SESSION: Week 7 Day 3

SESSION:

Squats 4x6@140kg

Spotto Press 3x8@60kg

FEELINGS:

On paper this workout looked simple enough but it completely kicked my arse! The squats were good but that’s a lot of squat volume in one week, lest we forget on Monday we did a top set of 160kgx3 and back off sets of 2x2@150kg. I have certainly worked my quads this week.

Spotto press is a lovely variation of bench press and forces me to slow down and control my press. I’ve actually bought a new bench this week because my current one is so narrow I keep falling off!

I forgot to video but I did get a cute picture of Maddison in the gym with me 👌

07A8F046-D3B3-4C02-9F98-21D088B6CE75.jpeg

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 2nd January 2021

SESSION: Week 7 Day 4

SESSION:

Deadlift 1x3@190kg

3 Second Paused Bench Press 4x6@95kg

FEELINGS:

Today’s session took so long because I made the mistake of selling my dumbbells on Facebook....right before I started. Hundreds of messages....silly idea!

I’ve done some upgrades and bought myself some new adjustable dumbbells from a friends company to save a lot of space and rust! And I bought a new competition bench to replace this adjustable one I have as I keep slipping off of it, being wide is dumb. Hopefully they arrive sooner rather than later.

Bench went good, love a good pause!

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 4th January 2021

SESSION: Week 8 Day 1

CALORIES: 2864

SESSION:

Deadlift 3x5@170kg

Box Squats 8x2@65kg+44kg Chains

FEELINGS:

Today is the start of my body recomposition, I’ve had a great time stuffing my face over the winter but it’s to trim for the new year.

I will do a post about body recomp as there is a lot of miss information out there.

Happy new lockdown!

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 6th January 2021

SESSION: Week 8 Day 2

CALORIES: 2855kcals

SESSION:

Flat back bench press (no leg drive) 3x10@60kg

Overhead Press/Push Press 3x3/3@65kg

FEELINGS:

I think pressing overhead is my favourite movement. Today I do some overload work by doing 3 strict press into 3 push press. This meant that my triceps got worked super hard as I’d likely struggle with 6 strict for 3 sets but instead I did a little leg drive to get all 18 reps in. 

Energy was low today after a blistering row with the wife about money (always). However, got my main movers in and got out. 

signatures small.jpg

Overhead presses are your favorite, eh? You ever find that women enjoy squats and men enjoy overhead, generally?

Anyway, well done! I think I am going to try that combo movement in my next lift session. 3 strict then 3 push press. Makes sense as after 3 reps at a certain weight, I need to dig a little deep to finish the next two as strict when I want to do it as a push press just to get it overhead!

3 hours ago, RenFengge said:

Overhead presses are your favorite, eh? You ever find that women enjoy squats and men enjoy overhead, generally?

Anyway, well done! I think I am going to try that combo movement in my next lift session. 3 strict then 3 push press. Makes sense as after 3 reps at a certain weight, I need to dig a little deep to finish the next two as strict when I want to do it as a push press just to get it overhead!

That’s roughly true with my clients, although most of my lads prefer bench press. I like overhead because it brings out the best in me, explosive power through the legs and posterior chain, strong triceps to finish at the top.

It’s a great little combo, pick 80-85% 1RM, so the three strict should be somewhat challenging then finish strong with the push press to overload the triceps at the lockout 💪

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 8th January 2021

SESSION: Week 8 Day 3

CALORIES: 2747kcals

SESSION:

Low Bar Squats 3x7@130kg

3” Block Pulls 2x4@160kg

FEELINGS:

Today was an exciting day because as an astute business man I’ve taken advantage of the surge in demand for gym equipment during lockdown.

Over the course of last week I sold off all my old dumbbells and some old strongman equipment. I then purchased a brand new flat competition standard bench and new spin lock adjustable dumbbells. Taking the number of dumbbells I had from 9 pairs to 13 with more weight. They Botha remove today! Then I had to squat and stare at my fancy new bench that I don’t get to use until tomorrow 🤣

3E9AD0B6-0F7E-4D87-A474-FB5AD0EDB6C8.jpeg

3BAAAE58-0770-4077-BD92-98ED3E30CDC9.png

A011CE33-BE2E-4698-8CEA-E52608565771.jpeg

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 8th January 2021

SESSION: Week 8 Day 4

COMPOUNDS:

Incline DB press 3x8@25kg

DB bent over row 3x12@30kg

Flat DB Press 3x6@32.5kg

FEELINGS:

This program is very much a ‘power building’ program as there is a real mixture of powerlifting moves and body building. It’s been really successful as I’ve 100% added mass to my frame and am slowly getting back to my old strength numbers.

Today’s session was 100% sets and reps, all bodybuilding. I also filmed a review of my new Muscle Squad adjustable dumbbells (as I’m somewhat affiliated with them) and got an amazing pump! Below I will post the link to the video so you can watch the review and a picture of my progress last year.

MUSCLESQUAD ADJUSTABLE DUMBBELLS REVIEW

2020E01A-A7F1-4330-BD14-63D6CA2D2938.jpeg

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 11th January 2021

SESSION: Week 9 Day 1

CALORIES: 2872kcals

COMPOUNDS:

Squats 1x2@175kg

Overhead Press 3x6@65kg

FEELINGS:

Today was immense, I hit 175kg for a double. Raw. That’s a Personal best! Ever since I dodged my knee 2 years ago I’ve not been able to lift raw very much (just knee sleeves and belt) as the pain was too much. So I moved over to using knee wraps which essentially work like a whole new knee and add a lot of help to the squat. It’s not desirable as using wraps is very time consuming and painful (because of how tight you wrap them).

I focused a lot of time last year on rehabbing my knee and changing my squat technique. It’s paid off. In two weeks time I test my max and I’m hoping for a new PB!

signatures small.jpg

Great updates pal, looking like you've had a cracking start to training this year 👊

On 1/7/2021 at 12:19 PM, Middle Class Caveman said:

Energy was low today after a blistering row with the wife about money (always).

I can hear and feel that pain!

14 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I focused a lot of time last year on rehabbing my knee and changing my squat technique. It’s paid off. In two weeks time I test my max and I’m hoping for a new PB!

I can't recall mate but what happened to your knee? Is that why you do that cryogenic stuff on it?

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Great updates pal, looking like you've had a cracking start to training this year 👊

I can hear and feel that pain!

I can't recall mate but what happened to your knee? Is that why you do that cryogenic stuff on it?

I tore my VMO (one of the muscles just above the knee) about 3 years ago doing strongman. It's been a long road back to being pain free but you have to take the rough with the smooth!

signatures small.jpg

22 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I tore my VMO (one of the muscles just above the knee) about 3 years ago doing strongman. It's been a long road back to being pain free but you have to take the rough with the smooth!

Ouchy! If you love it then fair play mate...3 years though, it must've been one of the worst things that you could do to yourself!

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Ouchy! If you love it then fair play mate...3 years though, it must've been one of the worst things that you could do to yourself!

To be honest, it was just the most frustrating thing because if it had just ripped all the way off I could have had surgery and be done with it. Never mind.

signatures small.jpg

DATE: 13tth January 2021

SESSION: Week 9 Day 2

CALORIES: 2793kcals

COMPOUNDS:

Bench Press 1x3@130kg

Bench Press 2x2@120kg

Deadlift 3x4@170kg

FEELINGS:

Today was even better than Monday. Bench press rep PB - 130kgx3! I’m going to be hitting 3 plates a side in two weeks time. No sweat. 

My new competition style bench was worth every penny. Solid, broad, and allows me to actually get my shoulder blades on it to brace properly! 

So pleased.

signatures small.jpg