Xbox One digital vs Xbox Series S

Stretch616

Gabe picked up one of the new Xbox series X's this week out of his own money and hes really happy with it. However, he really wants to play Overwatch on it and the xbox store has it listed at £50 still. So I'm not paying that.

However, I've found the game on CDkeys for £20 but it's an Xbox One code. So a couple of questions......

1) Is CDkeys reliable?

2) Will a specific Xbox One download code work for a new generation Xbox?

Thank you hive mind in advance!!

I use CDKeys for all my steam games, never had an issue with them before. I haven't ever bought a game for PS or Xbox from them but i imagine it's the same as steam.

I've just had a look on their site and it looks like it should be labelled on each game. It doesn't look like the Overwatch games are for the X Series. 

image.png

Hi,

Microsoft has stated that Xbox Series X and Series S will support all games playable on Xbox One (excluding those that require the Kinect sensor), including Xbox 360 and original Xbox console games currently supported through backward compatibility on the Xbox One, thus allowing the console to support four generations of games.

However i request you to check the description carefully on our product page about the compatibility with series X as we have mentioned already if they are compatible or not. But we highly recommend you to confirm this with Microsoft support directly to assist you further on this.

Thank you for contacting CDKeys.

I'm with Rich on this @Stretch616 , cdkeys are really relaible for me too in the past. Its usually the place where @crispymorgan  finds a bargain when we are trying to find one! I also would've expected that it works for the new Xbox as pretty much all games are compatble with the new xbox console and the UI and xbox code/shop thingy should in theory be the same.

Btw, before you go buying lots of games you might want to consider the Xbox Game Pass. I think its the one big thing that rivals PlayStation as its access to pretty much most games for a regular monthly fee. It includes the Xbox Live subscription and if you have that already I think you can just upgrade it for a £1 I believe still to try it out. Even Destiny 2 with all its expansions are available on it. Maybe someone that has it or knows more can let you know if the games ever get removed?

In my hunt for a bargain, I accidentally bought PlayStation Now and not PlayStation Plus.  CD keys are usually pretty good.  have you redeemed your key? 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

How odd! So the code didnt work at all on his Xbox. But I went into his Xbox account on the laptop and redeemed the code and all of a sudden it was available for him to download in the store. Really weird but at least he's happy now!

On 11/13/2020 at 5:07 PM, Stretch616 said:

How odd! So the code didnt work at all on his Xbox. But I went into his Xbox account on the laptop and redeemed the code and all of a sudden it was available for him to download in the store. Really weird but at least he's happy now!

Must be a weird Microsoft Store code or something then but good to know this kind of voucher works mate 👍