Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

J4MES OX4D

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

FOV looks a bit nasty so I hope you can change that plus I don't like how ME1 has the Andromeda UI. Hopefully the gameplay will stand the test of time but the story will definitely hold up. They probably could've done more with these remasters especially with what's been achieved on PC with mods but I guess they don't detract too much from the originals at least. I can't see myself paying £55 for this - maybe if they were £14.99 individually then I'd grab the first two but even with a game drought right now, I wont be getting this. 

From the footage I've seen I tend to agree. Not very impressed at all. It appears to be a bit of a cash grab but I suppose it's decent enough for anyone who has never played.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

8 hours ago, phil bottle said:

From the footage I've seen I tend to agree. Not very impressed at all. It appears to be a bit of a cash grab but I suppose it's decent enough for anyone who has never played.

This was always a cash grab/swan song for BioWare.

But, i"m still gonna play it for the memories.

Also, when I originally played it, there were some bugs that drove me a bit... ehh.. So, it would be nice to see a clean playthrough.

So, I've finally took a small amount of time to start this. Just completed the first mission.

Man, this was such stellar writing (for the most part). You don't know what's going on. You don't know who to trust. You don't know what anything is.

I haven't played Mass Effect in 6 years. I burned through 3 playthroughs in the summer of 2015. I will admit, playing Mass Effect 1 isn't something I look forward to. 2 and 3 is where it's at for me.

However, this is a remaster. And, it's been so long that I don't remember all the fine details.

Crazy to think how old this game is and how far BioWare has fallen. It's interesting to see where the politics are given today's current climate. Also, incredibly fun to listen to the story just start to unfold when you already know where this is all going. But, it also makes me remember some of the storylines that were never finished.

This is by no means a perfect game. It's not a remake (although, if they really went the way of FFVII Remake, it would have been awesome to see). Even through the first mission, you can see where some of the dialogue trees don't make sense, but you sort of expect that when it comes to dialogue rich games.

I do still wish they could have really taken what modders have done over the years and put it into the game. Like, FFS... I want my character to have more hairstyles and longer hair that resembles mine. I want better facial options instead of just a really tan white lady. Like, couldn't have they at least picked up some of their stuff from Andromeda and sort of put it here? Eh. I guess not.

The controls feel clunky. But, that's how I always feel when starting a different solo game. It will take me a bit to really just be quick with everything. For now, with the initial set of weapons, I'm quick enough to get even sniper shots off and insta-kill enemies.

So far for Mass Effect 1, not much of the gameplay has changed much. The menus are what I remember, and that's going to piss off a lot of players who aren't used to traditional RPGs. So much customization. But, I think it adds a certain depth to the gameplay.

If I had like 2 weeks off, I would definitely burn through a full gameplay of ME1 - ME3. Just absorb the whole story again. Unfortunately, I am not of that age with that luxury. So, let's see if I can balance this along with other games once I really get into the meat of the story. I purposely shut off the game after the first mission because I know that once I really get going, next thing I know it's going to be 3am...

With this being a PS Plus freebie, I may have to replay this series over the Christmas holidays.  It's a shame there's no MP in 3 anymore.  That was really one of the best parts about it.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

10 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

With this being a PS Plus freebie, I may have to replay this series over the Christmas holidays.  It's a shame there's no MP in 3 anymore.  That was really one of the best parts about it.  

A yes, Cro-guard all the way. Mass effect was the best and then they went and fucked it up with andromeda 

Andromeda had a lot of great elements but the overall package and execution, plus the way they dropped it, was a disgrace. I've got the ME reboot free on Origin and I've never bothered installing. But yeah maybe sitting on the sofa over crimbo may tempt me.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg