Cold War - Season One

J4MES OX4D

3 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Played a couple multiplayer the other night, damn Warzone really is carrying and saving Cold War atm. 

I'm actually surprised they're bothering with the traditional COD multiplayer these days. Warzone seems to be the developer priority, it brings in the most money and creating/supporting the latest COD game seems to be a burden for all. The money they make from unit sales they could probably claw back through selling cosmetic crap in a couple of months without needing to spend a penny on development or upkeep. If they're gonna persist with the core multiplayer then I wish they'd do it properly. 

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm actually surprised they're bothering with the traditional COD multiplayer these days. Warzone seems to be the developer priority, it brings in the most money and creating/supporting the latest COD game seems to be a burden for all. The money they make from unit sales they could probably claw back through selling cosmetic crap in a couple of months without needing to spend a penny on development or upkeep. If they're gonna persist with the core multiplayer then I wish they'd do it properly. 

Maybe it's because not everyone wants to play battle royale some of us like core mp and I'm sure the numbers back it up. 

People buying cosmetic crap are the dumbest and as much of a reason we get a shitty product.

2 hours ago, techno said:

Maybe it's because not everyone wants to play battle royale some of us like core mp and I'm sure the numbers back it up. 

People buying cosmetic crap are the dumbest and as much of a reason we get a shitty product.

I like core multi player too, probably more than Warzone, I have more hours in MW than in Warzone. Cold War multiplayer is just crap imo, which is why I think Warzone is masking just how bad it is because most streamers/youtubers are playing Warzone. Imagine if there was no Warzone... 

38 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

I like core multi player too, probably more than Warzone, I have more hours in MW than in Warzone. Cold War multiplayer is just crap imo, which is why I think Warzone is masking just how bad it is because most streamers/youtubers are playing Warzone. Imagine if there was no Warzone... 

Now all I see from YouTube is how warzone is full of cheats and hackers🤔

For me as bad as cold war is it's better than MW.

3 hours ago, techno said:

I just wish they'd support it properly. I don't play Warzone but every COD MP is pretty much dead in the water come Christmas these days and now developers instead of bolstering that portion of the game and trying to win people back or keep people on board, they (particularly Treyarch) just give up and focus on the BR or seemingly the next title. 

Free maps was actually one of the worst things to come out of this now because there is no set content timeline or anything consistent to what we got with the paid map pack content. Not only are we getting less maps and material than ever at launch, the staggered release of new stuff and lack of information is causing huge harm. At least with paid map packs the devs were obliged to support the game and we knew what to expect. 

Core MP is more worthless than COD Mobile now which is tragic. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I just wish they'd support it properly. I don't play Warzone but every COD MP is pretty much dead in the water come Christmas these days and now developers instead of bolstering that portion of the game and trying to win people back or keep people on board, they (particularly Treyarch) just give up and focus on the BR or seemingly the next title. 

Free maps was actually one of the worst things to come out of this now because there is no set content timeline or anything consistent to what we got with the paid map pack content. Not only are we getting less maps and material than ever at launch, the staggered release of new stuff and lack of information is causing huge harm. At least with paid map packs the devs were obliged to support the game and we knew what to expect. 

Core MP is more worthless than COD Mobile now which is tragic. 

I'm not sure about cod MP being dead by Xmas, I started bo4 this past Feb and ended up before cold war came out well into master prestige levels, now maybe that showed how bad people thought MW was that bo4 a game that apparently was bad still had plenty of people playing well into its successors life cycle.

Now if your talking Mw and cold war then maybe that's the case, I struggled to find a kill confirmed lobby on sat afternoon ffs.

I'm just not a Warzone fan, I've stated my reasons many times. It's a huge FFA on a giant map with extreme camping, extra health so people run away in long distance fights. Teams have early loadouts and quick buy backs. I find the whole experience extremely boring, slow and long winded. I'm literally yawning atm just writing about it.

If there was no Warzone? Great, then people would have to play MP. And the game would get better support and attention. Now I'm a fair guy, just because it's not my kinda thing doesn't mean others wouldn't enjoy it. I still think the warzone should be a separate game and reasonably well priced like £20. And the core game only £40-50. 

With different Dev support. I want it to be a separate entity and have nothing to do with the regular game. 

It's the we can do it all attitude with crazy money driven deadlines and ambitions that bug me and ultimately leave the game bugged.

Like I said all these Season/Operator challenges filled with warzone shite that I refuse to play. 

13 hours ago, techno said:

I'm not sure about cod MP being dead by Xmas, I started bo4 this past Feb and ended up before cold war came out well into master prestige levels, now maybe that showed how bad people thought MW was that bo4 a game that apparently was bad still had plenty of people playing well into its successors life cycle.

Now if your talking Mw and cold war then maybe that's the case, I struggled to find a kill confirmed lobby on sat afternoon ffs.

What I've noticed in recent years that the previous COD to the current one always has a huge spike in popularity come post-Christmas - more than likely due to people getting fed up with the new one lacking content. People went back to BO4 when MW failed to deliver any worthwhile new MP content and now a lot of Cold War players have gone back to Modern Warfare because it's a complete game now. I bet in 12 months time people will be returning to Cold War over the latest COD😅

7 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

How so? You don't need cold war at all to play war zone. 

I think what he meant is he tried a bit of CW multiplayer the other night, and his experience was that dissatisfied that he concluded Warzone is carrying the franchise. I could be wrong, but that's how I read that.

12 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

How so? You don't need cold war at all to play war zone. 

I know, my point is without Warzone we'd have no other option other than to play Cold War

Hey, so is there many warzone/CoD players round these parts? 

All the people I used to play with seem to have binned off CoD, yet here I am still loving it but having to play alone a lot of the time.

6 hours ago, anticonscience said:

All the people I used to play with seem to have binned off CoD, yet here I am still loving it but having to play alone a lot of the time.

I don't play Warzone, I only play Multiplayer on Black Ops Cold War. Kill Confirmed and Domination, but would play other modes if you wanted. I'm on PS4, what console are you playing on Ant? Write your gamertag and Activision ID. I don't play Modern Warfare anymore. Already Damascus all the guns and I tend to stick to the newest COD. But I'm down for some games. Check my Personal Progress Report for video clips mate see if your interested 😜

9 hours ago, anticonscience said:

I play but the California time zone is probably a show stopper. I play Warzone and cold war and MW. I've gotten some pretty decent Randoms on XBOX, so no complaints

8 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I play but the California time zone is probably a show stopper. I play Warzone and cold war and MW. I've gotten some pretty decent Randoms on XBOX, so no complaints

Maybe, but with my family my gaming time is usually quite late here in the UK, maybe it would match up lol.

11 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I don't play Warzone, I only play Multiplayer on Black Ops Cold War. Kill Confirmed and Domination, but would play other modes if you wanted. I'm on PS4, what console are you playing on Ant? Write your gamertag and Activision ID. I don't play Modern Warfare anymore. Already Damascus all the guns and I tend to stick to the newest COD. But I'm down for some games. Check my Personal Progress Report for video clips mate see if your interested 😜

I don't mind playing Cold War, I am on xbox but happy to play crossplay if you are, my activision id is simply konvictvivivi.

There is quite a few that play CoD here @anticonscience . I'm finding its sometimes difficult to party up on CoD specifically of late because of a number of factors:

1. People are split between Warzone, MW MP and CW MP
  2. Some people specifically play Warzone and not the MPs
  3. Some people play the MPs and not Warzone
  4. The PSN Party system has really hampered playtime. Having specific groups isn't the most ideal imo as the onus is on the individual to join a party rather than be invited - which is what most ppl prefer from experience
  5. Lots of people play across multiple games atm but that doesn't mean they don't like or play CoD. Just other games are getting good partying up groups e.g. FIFA, GT Sport, Destiny, Ark, etc

Having said all that, we just need to find a few nights to maybe have abit of a group up session to see how each plays. I've played Warzone this past week a few times and i've really enjoyed that still - you can get a little rusty after not playing much but its still lots of fun because of all the contracts/bounties you can pick up.

On Cold War I haven't played much of Season One but thats not because its super bad for me. It started really well but based on my K/D and quality of matches, its dipped slightly but not sure if thats because of my connection over the new year period was a bit dodgy. Still a good variation of MP which is back to faster gunplay whereas MW MP is more slower, tactical imo. The friends list i noticed is borked too on Cold War because you need them on the Activision list to play with which is stupid.

@anticonscience , you thought about picking up a PS4 or PS5? Might help us party up easier issall.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:30 AM, Dan94 said:

Its Alcatraz from Blackout, but day time. The rebirth resurgence version is trios, when you die there is no gulag instead you have a countdown timer for when you fly back in, as long as one of your team mates is still alive. They replaced it the last few weeks with "mini royale" instead which was quads but with gulag and a smaller portion of the map like in normal Warzone mini royale.

Never knew that. Played it a few days ago but blew my mind if im honest. Didn't like constant respawns as it felt like risk/reward to stay alive meant i didn't care too much whether or not i was gonna die.

13 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

It's definitely worth trying, I'm from Scotland so GMT time. Who knows maybe we will catch each other if you ever play morning or afternoon. Or if I'm on early morning anytime. 

5 hours ago, anticonscience said:

Maybe, but with my family my gaming time is usually quite late here in the UK, maybe it would match up lol.

I don't mind playing Cold War, I am on xbox but happy to play crossplay if you are, my activision id is simply konvictvivivi.

Sounds good man, I don't tend to usually play crossplay. But I will play it to party up with people. Just if I play solo which is a lot of the time, I usually have it off. Is there not usually an Activision ID number followed by the gamer tag?

I will post my details here next time I'm online so people can add me. 

My name is the same, IRampage.

10 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Never knew that. Played it a few days ago but blew my mind if im honest. Didn't like constant respawns as it felt like risk/reward to stay alive meant i didn't care too much whether or not i was gonna die.

You can only respawn if you have a team member still alive. So you have be strategic to some level. 

Fun exploit, fly around in one of the helos while your team is busy killing. unless you do something stupid you are going to be alive for quite a while (until the circle is too small)

All sounds good @GazzaGarrattyeah I do have a PS4 and was going to get a PS5 but the Amazon delivery guy stole it lol.

Yeah normally there is a number after the activision Id @IRaMPaGe

but I don’t have one, it’s just konvictvivivi 

22 hours ago, anticonscience said:

All sounds good @GazzaGarrattyeah I do have a PS4 and was going to get a PS5 but the Amazon delivery guy stole it lol.

Yeah normally there is a number after the activision Id @IRaMPaGe

but I don’t have one, it’s just konvictvivivi 

Ok cool no problems Ant. I think Activision hide it through a filter and it's Starred out with ***** and you have to click show info, but I could easily be wrong.

4 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Ok cool no problems Ant. I think Activision hide it through a filter and it's Starred out with ***** and you have to click show info, but I could easily be wrong.

Yeah they do, but I’ve checked in game, I genuinely have no numbers after my name lol

@anticonscience  I think you're already on my PSN friends list! But weirdly I can't seem to find the Activision ID. Cold War grouping up with friends is the most stupid its been for ages now because you MUST be on the activision friends list to send an invite, it doens't matter if they're on PSN friends list. Let me know what the screen says as @Dan94  says above, I know there is a button Cold War to show what your Activision ID is and its pretty clear in-game.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@anticonscience  I think you're already on my PSN friends list! But weirdly I can't seem to find the Activision ID. Cold War grouping up with friends is the most stupid its been for ages now because you MUST be on the activision friends list to send an invite, it doens't matter if they're on PSN friends list. Let me know what the screen says as @Dan94  says above, I know there is a button Cold War to show what your Activision ID is and its pretty clear in-game.

It's in the settings in the account info etc the screen where you enable/disable crossplay. You push square or something and it hides and shows email and I'd numbers. But @anticonscience genuinely doesn't have an Activision ID. I managed to add him with the gamertag. I'm assuming he has no Virtual imprint from previous cod's online.