Cold War - Season One

J4MES OX4D

1 hour ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

Thought it would be interesting to see how I do in the following games compared to the previous screenshot and weirdly enough I seem to have done better despite the lobbies getting a hell of a lot sweatier. 

I can only assume that the MLG wannabes bunny hopping around the map hyped up on RedBull and adderall are a little bit more predictable for me. 

5C5A51B3-7312-4AC9-B193-15C1702F4DDD.jpeg

5ACF07ED-37D6-4D16-9B49-F9EBE5656CF2.jpeg

Interesting findings indeed Mr Kiwi. Maybe you intentially anticipated the sweat and countered it the best you could.

Although it's annoying watching a killcam at times and seeing you had  literally no chance. But I think I would rather be outplayed by the MLG bunny hoppers than getting done in by a corner camper lying on the deck like a slug with a shotgun.

19 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I find pines mall to be deceiving, it looks rather big. But I don't find it a chore to get round the map. It's also great for longshot challenges and superb for the enemy behind cover ones. Mainly because of all the walls. It's not my favourite map, but definitely better and smaller than Azhir Caves and Picadilly.

Raid is a classic and looks and plays like the old BO2 which is great.

I bought the battlepass, but it didn't cost me a penny. I bought the original battlepass on season 1 MW 12 months ago. Because I played through 6 seasons of MW, I accumulated 2000 cod points as you earn about 1400cp per season. The points were transferred over to cold war. The passes only cost 1000cp. Activision only make more money if your buying more points.

Although I don't enjoy strict SBMM everygame, all those YouTubers who scream #BoycottBattlepass etc are just looking for traction and views.

Not everyone is willing to agree or buy it, but in my case it was free. I would be a bigger idiot if I didn't spend my hard earned points.

I'm sorry you feel this way in General about the game. It's far from perfect, but they have done more for CW than infinity ward did for MW. Some things are still broken on MW. 

I agree if you've got the cod points then fair play. 

I can play this game more than I ever could mw, I realise that it's the maps and moreso the community that make the game frustrating but I can get some enjoyment especially if can upset some sweaty try hard, oh and there is something going on with hit detection and aim assist etc. Also we are locked down it's winter and I need something to pass the time. I treat the game like destiny PvP and just don't care about the outcome. I'm hoping that one day they will make another decent fps game maybe bf6? Who knows.

Then there is zombies when things get too annoying.

1 hour ago, techno said:

I agree if you've got the cod points then fair play. 

I can play this game more than I ever could mw, I realise that it's the maps and moreso the community that make the game frustrating but I can get some enjoyment especially if can upset some sweaty try hard, oh and there is something going on with hit detection and aim assist etc. Also we are locked down it's winter and I need something to pass the time. I treat the game like destiny PvP and just don't care about the outcome. I'm hoping that one day they will make another decent fps game maybe bf6? Who knows.

Then there is zombies when things get too annoying.

There is more to it than that. The battle is 1300 COD points. If you get to level 100, you get 1300 COD point. So playing through the pass is essentially free and you get all of the content, skins, blue prints, XP tokens. 

I have it, I had the last one. 

Paying for the first 20 tiers isn't worth it, but the pass costs 0 if you are going to play a lot

2 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

There is more to it than that. The battle is 1300 COD points. If you get to level 100, you get 1300 COD point. So playing through the pass is essentially free and you get all of the content, skins, blue prints, XP tokens. 

I have it, I had the last one. 

Paying for the first 20 tiers isn't worth it, but the pass costs 0 if you are going to play a lot

Yeah I know that if you play a lot you pay for the first one and that's it. But most of the content is just fluff that I don't care about, you at least hgey the weapons free.

3 hours ago, techno said:

Yeah I know that if you play a lot you pay for the first one and that's it. But most of the content is just fluff that I don't care about, you at least hgey the weapons free.

Yeah there is always a lot of fluff to pad out the pass, definitely a few good emblems or calling cards usually some shitty stickers. The blueprints are always dogshit indeed agreed. The free weapons are nice. But I do agree the aim assist is wonky at times, no doubts about that. I won't say I never rage a bit at all, but it's just a game and the rage is short-lived. Not that a bloodthirsty is hard, but I swear the amount of times I've died on a 4 streak to some bullshit. Things like that get me annoyed because I like to finish challenges and gold guns. I'm stuck using whatever for ages and I keep mixing my guns and attachments until I get that perfect build. 

On MW you can gold a gun in 500-700 kills easy. On CW we are talking 1000+ a gun. It's the slow leveling and unlocked challenges you would of done naturally before that time.

Wasn't a fan of 100 mounted AR kills a gun on MW, attracts campy boring play.

On CW you have to actively take on headglitching bastards for the "Science" camo. That's frustrating knowing you have to challenge sweats with M16's/Augs perched on the worst headglitches known to man.

Gone are those good old days like MW2/MW3, BO1/BO2 when the game didn't feel as sweaty. Things were fun and you were desperate to hop on and binge for a few hours.

After a bad run of games on CW you feel like a beat dog and have to find motivation to play and hope the next time will be better.

The game is still new and can surely only get better. Miami is ass, Cartel with the bushes wind me up. If Cartel was smaller and less bushy it would be an alright map. 

1 hour ago, Dan94 said:

Good to see the real re-birth game mode return with the new update 🙂 

What is it exactly? Maybe I missed out on it originally. Which COD is it from and what's the details fill me in. 😀

Just now, IRaMPaGe said:

What is it exactly? Maybe I missed out on it originally. Which COD is it from and what's the details fill me in. 😀

Its Alcatraz from Blackout, but day time. The rebirth resurgence version is trios, when you die there is no gulag instead you have a countdown timer for when you fly back in, as long as one of your team mates is still alive. They replaced it the last few weeks with "mini royale" instead which was quads but with gulag and a smaller portion of the map like in normal Warzone mini royale.

5 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

Its Alcatraz from Blackout, but day time. The rebirth resurgence version is trios, when you die there is no gulag instead you have a countdown timer for when you fly back in, as long as one of your team mates is still alive. They replaced it the last few weeks with "mini royale" instead which was quads but with gulag and a smaller portion of the map like in normal Warzone mini royale.

Ahhh I see that makes sense. Now I really despise Warzone/BR things, but that actually sounds a lot better.

If I'm ever doing Warzone challenges which they are too many for my liking. Implemented between Season 1 Challenges and Operator ones I know what I will be playing! Cheers for the info.

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Ahhh I see that makes sense. Now I really despise Warzone/BR things, but that actually sounds a lot better.

If I'm ever doing Warzone challenges which they are too many for my liking. Implemented between Season 1 Challenges and Operator ones I know what I will be playing! Cheers for the info.

No worries, its definitely more fun and fast paced than usual Warzone. I can't stand the multi atm, so its definitely a nice change up as a middle ground 🙂 

9 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I find that bloodmoney is better for the challenges. Some have to outright be Battle royal. Winning you gulag matches for example. 

There aren't that many vehicles on the island. Those are harder. I think some of the contract are available in battle royal only (unfortuntely). The most wanted contract is a real pain in the ass for Stitch

Season 2 will apparently bring back........ Firing Range and Summit AGAIN 🙄 With all the awesome maps at Treyarch's disposal, why is it always the same fucking maps they bring back? I want Grid, Crisis, Yemen, Overflow, Rush, Mirage.

fart.gif

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Season 2 will apparently bring back........ Firing Range and Summit AGAIN 🙄 With all the awesome maps at Treyarch's disposal, why is it always the same fucking maps they bring back? I want Grid, Crisis, Yemen, Overflow, Rush, Mirage.

Yeah I heard that also. I mean I love Summit and Firing Range, but not this many times. I swear if they add another Jungle.

Would happily play any of your suggestions. Grid is cool and would fit in well with CW. Overflow was my favourite Capture the flag map on BO2.

Like James OX4D said a map like Array would be nice, it's not anyone's fave, but it adds extra variety.

I can think of so many maps ahead of Firing Range + Summit.

Radiation, Launch, Hanoi, Plaza and Standoff from BO2. I could name another dozen more at least. 😛

I'm actually getting sick of Treyarch - do they not realise how uninspiring and pathetic it is to keep releasing the same old content for every new game? They talk as if it's the second coming of christ when Summit returns once again but this would only be welcoming if we had about 5 new maps to back it up with. This should be the case with any old content they draft back into their newest product. Literally Cold War content is just gonna be a few new weapons (mostly for Warzone fodder) a new old map and that's it practically for post-launch support - even lamer than Black Ops 4 shambolic showing. 

I just find this approach insulting and completely unforgivable but it's become the norm with Treyarch. Not sure how they've gotten away with it really. 

15 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm actually getting sick of Treyarch - do they not realise how uninspiring and pathetic it is to keep releasing the same old content for every new game? They talk as if it's the second coming of christ when Summit returns once again but this would only be welcoming if we had about 5 new maps to back it up with. This should be the case with any old content they draft back into their newest product. Literally Cold War content is just gonna be a few new weapons (mostly for Warzone fodder) a new old map and that's it practically for post-launch support - even lamer than Black Ops 4 shambolic showing. 

I just find this approach insulting and completely unforgivable but it's become the norm with Treyarch. Not sure how they've gotten away with it really. 

This might give them a kick up the arse...

7 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I totally agree with everything you said, however MW last year wasn't any better it terms of quantity.

There was even less base 6v6 maps at launch. Some of those maps were Picadilly and Azhir Cave which make Miami and Cartel seem like good maps in comparison.

In MW fair enough they created Shoothouse, but the other 3 Season 1 maps included. COD4 Crash, Vacant and Shipment.

Season 2 Rust and 2 new maps of Khandoor Hideout ok and Atlas Superstore which was pretty dogshit and no doubt part of the already in progress Warzone map soon to be released.

Season 3 was a smaller version of Aniyah palace, Hovec Sawmill (New) and Hardhat MW3 and COD4 Taslik Backlot. 

Season 4 Cheshire Park and Scrapyard from MW2. 

Season 5 Petrov Oilrig and Suldal harbor. Both forgettable maps and boring to play.

Season 6 Was Tank Factory map which played pretty awful and Broadcast another COD4 Bailout.

Now I think IW recycled more in MW than BO4 and Coldwar combined. And also like I said all these smaller maps like Vacant,Scrapyard etc were all part of the Warzone map anyway and part of the files.

To top it off aside from the 6v6 Launch maps on MW aside from Azhir and Picadilly we had treats like St Petrograd and Ramazaa. Then Gun Runner and Hackney Yard as the remaining 2. The 10v10 maps of Aklov Peak and Euphrates Bridge were hardly a joy either.

But I do agree BO4 was heavily recycled. IW are just as bad as Treyarch in recent times IMO.

26 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

I genuinely preferred MW multi over CW... and I really wasn't a fan of MW that much. 😄 

CW is honestly the worst, least fun multi I've ever played.

WW2 and IW were a hell of a lot worse. I can't decide which is out of those 2 was the shittest TBH.

To me MW and CW are basically the same game just set in different eras. Except CW has Ninja and no doors. And slightly better maps.

fart.gif

6 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

WW2 and IW were a hell of a lot worse. I can't decide which is out of those 2 was the shittest TBH.

To me MW and CW are basically the same game just set in different eras. Except CW has Ninja and no doors. And slightly better maps.

I actually preferred WW2. The maps were better imo and the gameplay, especially after the big overhaul. I didn't play IW or AW so can't comment on those, think I moved over to BF1 and played the COD4 remaster for those 2 games' lifecycle.

8 hours ago, Dan94 said:

I actually preferred WW2. The maps were better imo and the gameplay, especially after the big overhaul. I didn't play IW or AW so can't comment on those, think I moved over to BF1 and played the COD4 remaster for those 2 games' lifecycle.

AW was awesome. One of my top CODs. IW just seemed like a shit copy of BO3. 

fart.gif

9 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I didn't play IW but AW was one of the shittest cods ever it even made ww2 look like a masterpiece. Infact on time played of cods I've bought AW stands as the worst. 

However cold war is boring as fuck especially after coming from blops4 

That is the Train Station map? It was actually pretty good. Good sightlines for longshots and flanking. Again another superb map I enjoyed for Capture the flag in BO2.

I never played Advanced Warfare or the other ones like BO3 and the advanced movements. For me it still stands Ghosts is the worst COD ever. Although I heard it's DLC was good, I never made it far enough into its cycle to play it. Had abandoned the series into January 😂.

I probably would of liked WW2, I loved WAW so that style would of suckered me in.