Cold War - Season One

J4MES OX4D

5 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I’ve had Cold War a few days now and am really enjoying it!

Good to hear man! It is a reasonably good game, a bit more content and a few improvements and it could be up there. Still feel it missed a bit of polish, but given the circumstances the game was built upon I think they did a great job personally.

Just wondered if anyone is having any issues regarding crashing or worse. I've had the game crash where I had to unplug the power but not for a while. I've heard it's particularly bad on Xbox and it's bricking consoles? Not sure how widespread this is but I've had crossplay turned off for a while.

This game has some serious issues, serious issues but is at least playable, for a short while, how long it lasts depends on what's released content wise.

Greatful for the ninja perk 

On 12/1/2020 at 3:01 AM, techno said:

Just wondered if anyone is having any issues regarding crashing or worse. I've had the game crash where I had to unplug the power but not for a while. I've heard it's particularly bad on Xbox and it's bricking consoles? Not sure how widespread this is but I've had crossplay turned off for a while.

This game has some serious issues, serious issues but is at least playable, for a short while, how long it lasts depends on what's released content wise.

Greatful for the ninja perk 

I have an Xbox and I have no problems. Zombies can be an issue of the host disconnects but I have never had a problem with multiplayer (I guess I am about to now that I jynxed myself)

13 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Cold War Season One delayed by a week until Dec 16th. A disappointing blow to an already depleted product but it was clear they were gonna get bummed by Cyberpunk on the same day otherwise. Definitely a business decision.

Some say the beta is over and this is the actual launch day 😁

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

The game is definitely not finished yet. Also them delaying Season 1 because of Cyberpunk is proof they only care about money.

I don't get that though surely anyone that would be buying would anyway and it's releasing after not before cyberpunk drops, it's not like people don't know cyberpunk is coming out. Oh and why be shocked buisnesses are about making money 🤷

49 minutes ago, techno said:

I don't get that though surely anyone that would be buying would anyway and it's releasing after not before cyberpunk drops, it's not like people don't know cyberpunk is coming out. Oh and why be shocked buisnesses are about making money 🤷

Activision wouldn't want season one to launch when a huge chunk of users are playing Cyberpunk. It would be a huge hole in their player counts and their pockets with microtransactions. I had absolutely no intention of playing Cold War on season one launch day or even over that weekend and I think a lot of users are planning the same. Had Cyberpunk not been delayed, they would have had a clear run but that moving to the 10th really upset the apple cart and bringing season one forward would've caused a lot of problems for players even with the content finished. A delay was the only way really. 

48 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Activision wouldn't want season one to launch when a huge chunk of users are playing Cyberpunk. It would be a huge hole in their player counts and their pockets with microtransactions. I had absolutely no intention of playing Cold War on season one launch day or even over that weekend and I think a lot of users are planning the same. Had Cyberpunk not been delayed, they would have had a clear run but that moving to the 10th really upset the apple cart and bringing season one forward would've caused a lot of problems for players even with the content finished. A delay was the only way really. 

This ^^

I don't believe Activision are giving a gracious bow to allow Cyberpunk the limelight, but it's all about population and numbers playing during the big crossover warzone integration. They want as many online as possible. And due to the clash it's a wise move. However I believe that Coldwar needs as much time as it can get to iron out bugs and fix aspects of the game. A delay is most welcomed.

The hugely ambitious merge of 4 different consoles + PC over 2 different games is a highly gutsy and bold attempt. Say what you want, but it's moon landing unpresidented territory stuff.

I believe microtransactions are 50/50. People will spend, others won't. Personally I will not find the gluttony of this hungry beast. Although I will get my money's worth out of what I spent on the game.

However saying that, the leaks of season 1 are hugely exciting for me.

Raid the map from BO2 is coming, 2 new weapons. Possibly the Mac-11 from BO1, The "Graza" Bullpup Assault rifle, I'm hoping it will be like the Tar-21 from MW2.

New operators. New game mode, which involves launching a nuke and starting with only pistols and a briefcase secret agent style.

Also a snowy version of Nuketown.

4 new maps, 2 6v6 and 2 2v2 gunfight maps.

I'm really looking forward to this content, it will make the time playing the game more enjoyable. 

And hopefully a lot more bug fixes etc. 

Activision also recently released their figures and there were apparently 200,000,000 paying customers in the past year of Call of Duty on all platforms and Warzone has seen up to 30m players a day at times which is huge numbers. Let's say season one launches at 10m prospective players are playing Cyberpunk - Activision could miss out on $50m in just one weekend on an average spend because players are elsewhere. Usually the launch week is the big one for new content and if users have their heads buried in Cyberpunk, getting them back on board may not be hard but spending will be.  They want them in the game and spending day one.  The big question will be is one week enough...

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Activision also recently released their figures and there were apparently 200,000,000 paying customers in the past year of Call of Duty on all platforms and Warzone has seen up to 30m players a day at times which is huge numbers. Let's say season one launches at 10m prospective players are playing Cyberpunk - Activision could miss out on $50m in just one weekend on an average spend because players are elsewhere. Usually the launch week is the big one for new content and if users have their heads buried in Cyberpunk, getting them back on board may not be hard but spending will be.  They want them in the game and spending day one.  The big question will be is one week enough...

This is very true, those numbers are huge for sure. And your right, the people who spend money will want to buy it when the content is fresh and readily available. Any money lost by Activision is a blow, as we are far aware of their penultimate greed. Still think EA and the FIFA Dream Teams are the greediest of the lot. I guess it's  business as ever, and no growth is seen as a failure. I think due to current Covid times , it's a lot to ask of some people to spend.

Altho the YouTubers have a disposable income and it's content and views, they will always spend to fuel the hogs at Activision. Troughs at the ready, those fat cats gotta eat!

6 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Anyone tried season one yet? I've heard it has had some issues but Raid looks nice. Really cannot be arsed to play it at the minute though. 

I played. Warzone and multiplayer. No issues on Xbox. Didn't play much however. My Ak-47 is still a beast

8 hours ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

Very proud of this considering the map and this sodding game in general. 

Now watch me get fucked relentlessly until the next CoD game by SBMM 😂

551508B0-0494-43AA-9B54-04C4FFC41F4C.jpeg

DA1FFB3E-3D57-4F4A-A22A-1ECA6B12425F.jpeg

Man what a game, was it the Christmas Nuketown? I find it a bit dark, not keen on the visibility compared to the daytime.

But yeah, prepare to sweat the rest of your cod career after that kiwi.

What was the SPM? 

So tried season 1, other than raid the game is the same. I won't play pines like I wouldn't play Miami, it's to big and well it's too big, basically the map designers in cod these days are jellies and should be sacked immediately, unless like birdman says it's to cater to the noobs. 

Battle pass, how mentally ill do you have to be or free to use mummies credit card to buy that trash 😂

Anyway I'll play for short stints till it gets aids, no need to rank up the pointless prestige system or do camo challenges as they are just too frustrating. Run around kill, die road to 1kd. 

👍

9 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Man what a game, was it the Christmas Nuketown? I find it a bit dark, not keen on the visibility compared to the daytime.

But yeah, prepare to sweat the rest of your cod career after that kiwi.

What was the SPM? 

yeah it was the Christmas one and completely agree with you.  I really seem to struggle to see anybody on this game in general so any darker maps are not my favourite. 

yeah got the game and instantly finished up for the night as I knew any further games were just going to be a disappointment 😂.

No idea on the SPM, but I will have a look after my next game. I already thought most of the games were a bit sweaty So this is really going to top it off 😁

APmVvKG.gif

5 hours ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

@IRaMPaGe  yeah this is going to get really sweaty now 😂

This just shows how different that game was compared to normal games for me

38D223E3-92E3-4354-991D-BCAF7CCB1138.jpeg

I'm happy for you, but scared for you. That's a disgustingly high number, I mean your normal average isn't half bad. But 4.5k SPM is woah holy shit.

End of the world territory 😂

On 12/18/2020 at 12:05 PM, techno said:

So tried season 1, other than raid the game is the same. I won't play pines like I wouldn't play Miami, it's to big and well it's too big, basically the map designers in cod these days are jellies and should be sacked immediately, unless like birdman says it's to cater to the noobs. 

Battle pass, how mentally ill do you have to be or free to use mummies credit card to buy that trash 😂

Anyway I'll play for short stints till it gets aids, no need to rank up the pointless prestige system or do camo challenges as they are just too frustrating. Run around kill, die road to 1kd. 

👍

I find pines mall to be deceiving, it looks rather big. But I don't find it a chore to get round the map. It's also great for longshot challenges and superb for the enemy behind cover ones. Mainly because of all the walls. It's not my favourite map, but definitely better and smaller than Azhir Caves and Picadilly.

Raid is a classic and looks and plays like the old BO2 which is great.

I bought the battlepass, but it didn't cost me a penny. I bought the original battlepass on season 1 MW 12 months ago. Because I played through 6 seasons of MW, I accumulated 2000 cod points as you earn about 1400cp per season. The points were transferred over to cold war. The passes only cost 1000cp. Activision only make more money if your buying more points.

Although I don't enjoy strict SBMM everygame, all those YouTubers who scream #BoycottBattlepass etc are just looking for traction and views.

Not everyone is willing to agree or buy it, but in my case it was free. I would be a bigger idiot if I didn't spend my hard earned points.

I'm sorry you feel this way in General about the game. It's far from perfect, but they have done more for CW than infinity ward did for MW. Some things are still broken on MW. 

Thought it would be interesting to see how I do in the following games compared to the previous screenshot and weirdly enough I seem to have done better despite the lobbies getting a hell of a lot sweatier. 

I can only assume that the MLG wannabes bunny hopping around the map hyped up on RedBull and adderall are a little bit more predictable for me. 

5C5A51B3-7312-4AC9-B193-15C1702F4DDD.jpeg

5ACF07ED-37D6-4D16-9B49-F9EBE5656CF2.jpeg

APmVvKG.gif