Getting Raid Ready for Deep Stone Crypt! Who's in?

GazzaGarratt

The new expansion hits in 5 days 😱 and therefore looks likely to be 10/11 days to get some Power up to be potentially give the brand new raid a go on the first day. Like @Baabcat  mentioned on the Roadmap Calendar, it would be awesome to do this blind. I recall doing Crota in D1 blind and whilst we didn't get far it was one of the best experiences we've ever had on Destiny.

So who's in and ready to give it a whirl?!

It looks like theres a few facts from a TWAB a few weeks ago giving us some extra details:

• The next race for raid World First begins on Saturday, November 21 at 10 a.m. Pacific
  • Contest Mode will cap all players at 20 Power below each encounter for 24 hours. 
  • Artifact Power will be disabled during Contest Mode. 
  • 1230 Power is your team’s goal to be at the cap for all the encounters.  
  • Being above 1230 will not provide any additional advantage in the final fight

Now i'm not saying to go for World's first, more just as soon as we're ready it would be an exciting thing to try. Especially because it feels like its been so long since we kinda did it this way (for me anyway's).

We start at 1050 so its all about getting as close to 1230 as you can which in all honesty I don't think will be too bad considering Powerful gear will drop from regular Crucible, Strikes and Gambit moving forward alongside other sources of Powerful gear.

Has anyone also got any tips in order to be raid ready?

I think my plan for being raid ready is try and blast through the story on an alt , then on main , to get to them both through the main part of the levelling.

Then powerfuls on alt followed by powerfuls on main, benefit being any weapon drops on alt will drive the main character higher.

Then week 2 depends on how far main is ahead but probably still worth doing powerfuls on the alt first. Time dependent as getting through all the powerfuls on main before the raid is probably essential.

Some tips on levelling up from stuff I’ve noticed

make sure you pick up the seasonal artefact from zavalas office, and all the bounties you can to get some light levels into it. Level up your ghost 5 times and get max XP boost to help with that as well

While it’s tempting to blast through the campaign you soon end up under levelled so everything becomes harder, takes longer and is generally a pain in the ass. Drop out and play a couple of crucible / gambit matches , get 4 gear drops every match and they’ll give you a significant light boost

l

So I would've added a little simple 1 minute Lost Sector farm in here to quickly help anyone to get to 1200 power but thats just been patched late yesterday so its likely not going to drop as quick as it was before.

In all seriousness the levelling up to 1200, whatever you do will still be pretty fast imo. I reached around 1140 (start at 1050) after a solid first night hopping around on the new story missions and just picking up blues and a few purples everywhere. As the story missions become harder as you progress like @Baabcat  says, its definitely worth popping around to do some other stuff.

Lost Sectors and Public Events are what i focused on between 1140-1200 because I dodn't want to lose the chance of getting a powerful gear drop too early from Crucible (Standard or Comp), Gambit or Strikes. If you actually do the Vanguard Strikes but just on a different burn to this week then you can get the rewards without triggering the Powerful reward off so this could be the way to go for you.

After 1200 the basics are Powerful Gear drops first if possible, followed by Pinnacle Gear drops. Also note that each level you go up in Crucible or Gambit will drop Powerful gear I believe - this is significant as you should be able to creep up slowly through the games.

Sometimes difficult to do because some powerful ones are get 8 bounties for Crucible, Gambit, Strikes which you'd have to do before you complete the number of matches it takes to get a Pinnacle but you can do it if you really focused on the bounty objectives.

As I first thought, levelling isn't a grind that should put you off this expansion. You will likely manage to get past 1200 before next week's Tuesday reset where you have access to all the Powerful and Pinnacle rewards again. Next week we will also have the Story mission and potential new PvE activity for this Season as what we've been playing on Europa so far is purely linked to the DLC. Getting to 1230 should be fine. I think its more how high an you get to do the raid after the contest mode has been deactivated which gives us all the best chance of completing the new raid.

Oh, DON'T FORGET!....GHOST MODS!

image.png

I'll try and put up a separate thread on it cos you really need to start focusing on mods now. They are making it easier to understand so it shouldn't be too difficult to see how to do it, however just for this particular levelling guide. Once you get to 1200, upgrade the energy on the Ghost so you can equip mods. You need at least 3 energy to use the mods linked to either Crucible, Gambit, Strikes & Nightfalls that will give you a good chance of dropping purple gear. Get used to changing this mod over and over (only costs 500 glimmer per change) so you can maximise the chances of legendary purple gear to constantly drop. I'm on 1212 with my artifact power included after 2 nights and i didn't do too much last night either. 🙂

13 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

And your old favourite purple guns can't be infused higher than 1060 so start trying out the new ones 😎

Thats the sunsetting thing that happened a while back. I actually think that update has worked quite well as it helps you look at the new guns rather than the same old stuff we used over and over.

17 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

And your old favourite purple guns can't be infused higher than 1060 so start trying out the new ones 😎

Yeah I knew about that iveva vault full of trash im considering dumping. Also heard the only 150 hand cannon now is sunshit all the others are now 140 🙄

Levelling tips ! Just started an extra alt (my much neglected warlock). With the 1200+ guns from the Titan the warlock started at around 1118 light and then a bit of vanguard token handing in got him to 1148 ish pretty quickly, without really doing anything.  Now blasting through the story just to try and get some powerdrops done before i finally start on the hunter main. Story is much easier now i'm over levelled ! Idea is the warlock leapfrogs the titan, and then the hunter leapfrogs them both, but the grind the grind the grind! Enjoying the game, although I've never been overly fond of destiny story mode, so will be glad to put it behind me. Story is much too long if you ask me!!!