A Progress Update (inc. the BIG FGFGF Xmas Giveaway!)

@GazzaGarratt

Nice update Lee and I only have one major problem with it at the moment......you want to add one more click??!! That’s outrageous and a step too far young man! I suggest you reconsider immediately!

Seriously though, thanks for all you do Lee, it’s greatly appreciated mate

Oh, and the cows saying apparently relates to “a very long time” going back to when cows were let out to pasture and wouldn’t amble back until the next days milking...every day’s a school day here! 😎😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Question regarding merchandise.  Is it permanent or is it going to be a fixed period in when they can be purchased?  I do very much intend on getting one when I get enough money, but I also don't want to miss out on the chance if it's time limited.

18 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

Question regarding merchandise.  Is it permanent or is it going to be a fixed period in when they can be purchased?  I do very much intend on getting one when I get enough money, but I also don't want to miss out on the chance if it's time limited.

I want it to be permanent, clearly youtubers do it fixed time cos they can get the costs down but that doesn't help people like yourself and many others that might want one at any stage. Hell i want more but i'm not ready yet 😅 Unfortnately, costs end up being costs which i spoke about ages ago but I think we just need to start somewhere and see where it goes. You never know, we might not do any at all and then at least I know what was the point in it. Just would look pretty awesome having FG gear for us to have at home i feel.

11-12 years I've been a part of this group (FG/FPS/MW2F) and seeing the amount of work you put into this Lee, is astounding, inspiring and makes me feel guilty for not being around here too often. (I already know you're thinking "you're not meant to feel guilty")

I'm going to make more of an effort around here to get involved, I'm just shit at sticking to things these last few years.

Lee, I love you.

FG, I love you. Even the lads I haven't officially met.

I shall endeavour to do more on the site but I don't really know what. My PPR is pointless as I only really play games with other people and don't actually monitor progress of the game itself as I'm laughing to much to notice or I'm completely pissed off my head. If someone could give me a direction to follow and a sole role I'd be alot more comfortable.

1 hour ago, TheMuggySpud said:

11-12 years I've been a part of this group (FG/FPS/MW2F) and seeing the amount of work you put into this Lee, is astounding, inspiring and makes me feel guilty for not being around here too often. (I already know you're thinking "you're not meant to feel guilty")

I'm going to make more of an effort around here to get involved, I'm just shit at sticking to things these last few years.

Lee, I love you.

This is exactly how I feel.  I've been around from the start and feel absolutely terrible that I don't contribute more.  I always intend to do better but I always fall short.  It blows me away at how awesome Lee is.  It blows me away at how awesome this community is.  I would have never imagined that it would still be going strong today.  I was just googling some MW2 tips and tricks and ended up finding mw2forums.com Crazy how it's all come together.  

As for the awesome update.  You're the man, Lee.  I love the advent calendar idea.  That's amazing.  

I feel split on the Whatsapp topic.  I love that we all shoot the shit in Whatsapp, but if it didn't exist, I'd probably post here more often.  But, I feel that as a whole it's a net positive for us.  It's nice to just talk some shit real quick in middle of a busy day when I don't have time to browse a forum.  But, you've got the right idea, it's a balancing game.  Members have to be conscious about making sure they're still keeping the home base going.  

Thanks for all you do buddy!  I'm looking forward to checking out some of these upcoming changes.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

1 hour ago, Nutcuttlit said:

I shall endeavour to do more on the site but I don't really know what. My PPR is pointless as I only really play games with other people and don't actually monitor progress of the game itself as I'm laughing to much to notice or I'm completely pissed off my head. If someone could give me a direction to follow and a sole role I'd be alot more comfortable.

You see this is great to know. I perhaps am not clear with some vision bits and pieces because i want everything to succeed. We have certain things I personally want to see better and i started that in the separate thread back in June. You would be a super person to write simple step guides and tips for people. You can create whatever ones you think for whatever games. If we get it going I just need to sort out access but I think you could likely write one already in there. Theres also regular social accounts i want to keep them more up to date. Push out larger story posts of all of our escapades. Make them into mini-series. You'd be incredible at that. @ChaosGladiator  did some awesome write ups on DayZ before in his PPR. If I know it will be regular we can find ways to highlight things going forward, not just at our Home.

As for your PPR, i'd argue it isn't pointless at all. People don't realise how interesting they are and you only find even more cool shit about a person when they start sharing this stuff. In mine, I share Personal home life, games progress, Fg stuff, etc. You can share what you like. But look at it in a different way Nutty; if you share some of your awesome things you did with your animals it might inspire others to be interested in them and do stuff with animals too. They might get a pet Tortoise, etc. The point is, your voice shouldn't be devalued because you don't say shit on here. The PPR brings lights to your life in a place where I would hope others are all interested in each other, through the good times and the bad times. Do an update. See how you go.

2 hours ago, TheMuggySpud said:

Lee, I love you.

I love you long time too sweetcheeks 😘 Don't put yourself down though mate (you know i would say that 😁), we all have our lives which carry on. I think its basically about force of habit with this place and all the things we do. When I lack motivation (yes, i really do sometimes) I come here and go over people's PPRs and go back and read previous thoughts on stuff, which usually picks me up cos in a weird way it feels like you're all talking to me when I read it - whether other people do that or not I don't know but it certainly makes me feel like i'm not alone. Others should feel the same too.

Looking forward to seeing you more around though mate, for that I will always be excited about ❤️

27 minutes ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

This is exactly how I feel.  I've been around from the start and feel absolutely terrible that I don't contribute more.  I always intend to do better but I always fall short.  It blows me away at how awesome Lee is.  It blows me away at how awesome this community is.  I would have never imagined that it would still be going strong today.  I was just googling some MW2 tips and tricks and ended up finding mw2forums.com Crazy how it's all come together.  

As for the awesome update.  You're the man, Lee.  I love the advent calendar idea.  That's amazing.  

I feel split on the Whatsapp topic.  I love that we all shoot the shit in Whatsapp, but if it didn't exist, I'd probably post here more often.  But, I feel that as a whole it's a net positive for us.  It's nice to just talk some shit real quick in middle of a busy day when I don't have time to browse a forum.  But, you've got the right idea, it's a balancing game.  Members have to be conscious about making sure they're still keeping the home base going.  

Thanks for all you do buddy!  I'm looking forward to checking out some of these upcoming changes.  

Thank you bud, your words mean a great deal as always. ❤️

I hear the concern on WhatsApp, its actually given me lots of anxiety about it. Thing is I've never ever said we can't live with just one. The balancing act is spot on, otherwise as we get older its easy to float more apart with other responsibilities in life, etc. In an ideal world i'll gather enough funds to create this place into a proper App which will help and then if we all ended up just one chat App it would be so much easier but you've got to respect how people like different things. We've always gone the extra mile to make people feel comfortable, so lets more work at keeping things balanced and nudge each other rather than me nudge/nag/piss you off even more 😄

Great update lee.

I keep forgetting we have a discord i'll show my face then forget it's there not sure what that's about 😅 but i've moved the icon so its not lost in all the shit apps i have on my phone.

I haven't had a look in depth but to make the forum a little more manageable are you able to consolidate some sections? Just anidead for less work for you.

Liking the advent calendar idea. 

slamminbones.png

5 hours ago, TheMuggySpud said:

@GazzaGarrattour goddess

PicsArt_11-03-01.49.29.jpg

FFS 🤣🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

Great update Lee, thanks for all you do, as the others have said its inspiring 👍

Thanks mate ❤️

23 minutes ago, slamminbones said:

Great update lee.

I keep forgetting we have a discord i'll show my face then forget it's there not sure what that's about 😅 but i've moved the icon so its not lost in all the shit apps i have on my phone.

I haven't had a look in depth but to make the forum a little more manageable are you able to consolidate some sections? Just anidead for less work for you.

Liking the advent calendar idea. 

Cheers Paul. Tbh, you turn up here and I enjoy reading your posts. Chat stuff like discord was initially made to grab people for games and quick chat, not to replace this place. At least it also gives people auto notifications when stuff gets posted which might actually help people keep up to date a little more.

The forum sections don't really take much maintenance tbh. Forums will always be about whatever people post up...so everyone can help with this one and stick stuff up! Like the previous post I did in June, there's loads of things we can do, improve, create, etc but we also need to keep everything running, like the usual game nights of fun and lolz. You're always welcome to support and help where you can. The people that raised their hands and i created separate sections for them to put ideas down and get stuff could revisit these perhaps as a good start?

We'll now I'm at work and had some free time I've read through the thread first of all I'll just repeat what's been said, Lee the effort you put in here is outstanding and you deserve all the praise you get....the pain Im feeling now from having to praise someone really hurts 😉😁

It's also testament to the place that so many old timers have stuck around or returned and the one thing I've always got from the various forms of this forum over the years is the enjoyment I get from reading other people's views on shit with us being from various backgrounds and countries.

I don't own a computer so my only access is through my phone and I do make a point of visiting this place daily and with the new games coming up that's bound to continue.

@Nutcuttlit  you may not know what to put in a ppr but having listened to your inane ramblings both in person and online I'm sure with your job it would make interesting reading 👍

Anyway keep up the good work @GazzaGarratt

1 hour ago, techno said:

.the pain Im feeling now from having to praise someone really hurts 😉😁

🤣🤣

Whats been great to read from my opinion is what a few of you have said about the place and everyone rather than me. This is why I try and tell so many people that may haven't been here for a while to keep checking in.

1 hour ago, techno said:

@Nutcuttlit  you may not know what to put in a ppr but having listened to your inane ramblings both in person and online I'm sure with your job it would make interesting reading 👍

100 bajillion percent agree. Other people here that haven't got one or tried to get them started should give them a go and maybe take a sneak peak at a few others too. Only takes a minute to check someones PPR out 👍

What's up folks

Can you add me to the Whatsapp please. Some prick called Diddums removed me from it a while back.

Only really playing Warzone these days, I've added some of the regiment but i need to add the rest.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

@GazzaGarrattAs the guys before me have already said, what you do for this community is nothing short of astounding and I cant thank you enough. As with some of the other guys as well, I feel bad that I dont participate on here in the way that I'd like to. All good intentions for a while but then it goes South through nobody's fault but my own.

Keep doing what you're doing buddy. It's really appreciated from all the members here and we'll try and do our bit on here to support you more.

Much love dude 😘

Ok I'll try to add more on my PPR but I'm more an answer question rather than write stuff about myself kinda dude. Every time I've tried to do a piece about myself I often delete and forget about it because it's just normal to me and seems really interesting. That's probably just because it the norm for me but will be different for the person reading it I suppose, I will try to do more on it and work through my personal barriers.

47 minutes ago, Nutcuttlit said:

Ok I'll try to add more on my PPR but I'm more an answer question rather than write stuff about myself kinda dude. Every time I've tried to do a piece about myself I often delete and forget about it because it's just normal to me and seems really interesting. That's probably just because it the norm for me but will be different for the person reading it I suppose, I will try to do more on it and work through my personal barriers.

Definitely mate, having different perspectives on stuff is what its all about. Looking forward to the next update and in the meantime we can work out what things that would be awesome if you took up a lead on 👊

Aaaaaaand they're up. 😅

The FGFGF Giveaway items are available in the new Raffle section. You'll find 'Raffles' in the menu bar at the top on desktop or in the 3 line burger menu on mobile - but if you want to go straight to them, then click here.

Like I said before, one for each day of the month, open to only FG members that have a valid login and was already a member at FG before I put them up to keep it free from people just signing up to get the good stuff.

This is for all of you at FG, whether you are new FGers or FG veterans, go and enter in however many of the days you'd like to win! Good luck everybody!

Reminder of all the prizes:

83f20bf7d47f45aae1bfbed11599286c-backgro
CALENDAR.MYADVENT.NET

FG has created an advent calendar for you! Happy holidays! 🙂