Cyberpunk 2077 Lifepaths

We're a month away from the release of what I expect to be the best game I'll play this year and the hype I'm feeling surrounding it is growing by the day. I know most of you on here prefer online games, but to me a single player game with a great story just stands apart and CD Project Red are the goddamn masters of making them.

Anyways, back on topic! Cyberpunk 2077.... Holy shit. It's happening soon and from the looks of it you'll get some pretty important choices to make right off the bat that will impact your skills and the story in a big way from what I've seen and read so far. Quick run down of the different "Lifepath" options  here: 

So far all of the 3 options kind of appeal to me. They all come with perks I'd want and I'm a bit conflicted as to which one to chose. The good thing about this however is the replay possibility. The story and some characters will be different and unique depending on which path you take, meaning after hours spent exploring one path and completing it, you still have 2 unique paths to play around with.

Now, given the information CD Project Red has given us and what they've told us about the lifepaths I'm slightly more leaning towards going the corporate route first. It just seems logical that that option would give me the most options in terms of power and wealth early on and would make for a slightly more relaxed playthrough to ease me into the game, althought I have a feeling it wont be easier because if you're set up for money and power, the bad guys will be as well. And that makes me think the corporate option might be harder 😅

Nomad also has it's appeals. More knowledge of gear and cars is never a bad thing to have and the cars just look stunning... But from the info provided seems like the tougher option early on as you aren't set up for life in Night city.

Street kid holds the least appeal to me. Yes knowing the city and all the degenerates that live there is usefull as hell. But it just comes off as the "Standard" backstory to me when it comes to other single player games where you start off as the lowest scum at the bottom of the barrel to work your way up. Here the corporate path just seems like it'll be more interesting.

Anyways! They're giving us 3 different paths to explore and what I want to know from all of you lovely people planning to get the game is.... Which options appeals to you? What thoughts have you made yourself up about them and will you try all 3 or just stick to 1 or 2 of the paths available?

Let me know your thoughts on life in Night City Samurai!

I'm starting in the Badlands for my first go on this, Nomad for me.

I'm also really looking forward for this. That it's an RPG on subject matter I love is probably part of my enthusiasm for it. I'm more a William Gibson nerd but I've been reading up on the tabletop rpg cyberpunk lore too and I'm really interested to see where they go with it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I decided to try this game as soon as I found out it was first person, as for the choices (hate choices mostly 😁) I've no real idea, think the only things I can decide on is it won't be nomad and I'll be a female character it's just something ive always done.

Think I'm swaying towards.the corpo only reason I can think of is it's the  most away from real life🤷

Tbh @ChaosGladiator  I really like the look of Nomad as how its put across is being free and a bit of a tearaway from everything else. Corpo would be cool though if you get some sort of hacks because you're already deep within the city world.

I also think it will be good for some of us, including me, to delve into some Single Player games alongside all the online MP of late. I think it keeps things fresh and we can still share and help each other through bits on this game. We had a taste of that some time ago when many of us picked up Horizon Zero Dawn.

18 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Tbh @ChaosGladiator  I really like the look of Nomad as how its put across is being free and a bit of a tearaway from everything else. Corpo would be cool though if you get some sort of hacks because you're already deep within the city world.

I also think it will be good for some of us, including me, to delve into some Single Player games alongside all the online MP of late. I think it keeps things fresh and we can still share and help each other through bits on this game. We had a taste of that some time ago when many of us picked up Horizon Zero Dawn.

Well I’m definetly looking forward to hearing yours and the other people opting for the Nomad paths thoughts on it. I’m still leaning towards Corporate myself, but will give Nomad a try after my first playthrough 😉