FIFA 21 FG Pro Clubs

GazzaGarratt

On 11/24/2020 at 5:38 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

You know when you have one of those of nights where everything just seems to click and go right where you want it too? No? They don't happen often do they, but it did last night for FGFC!

What an amazing night of results AN performances. Not one game I would say we were lucky, even if a few games were extremely close. New FGer James @Lurch  AKA Dennis Rodman was on an absolute stormer, probably down to the fact it was his birthday. The silent assassin kept that quiet, just like his prefferred position is CB but he scored 18 goals in 11 games last night 🤣 Everyone to a man were amazing last night. @jordie1892  found out the reason we were losing so much stamina (linked to putting pressure tactics on) so once we put tactics to balanced, we were zooming around the field. The Kanye-Rodman combination up top was putting teams to the sword with drilled crosses getting the most success. Forlan @ChaosGladiator  bagged a few goals through his trickery, @LordBaguette  Garry Goals was renamed Garry Goal and no assists for a while however he was instrumental in the 'assist assist' column...if they ever had made one.

Daninho @Dan94 , our now half brazilian/half english nutcase, was continuing his dominance to break up the play and link up Kanye-Rodman to devastating affect. Torpedo Tony @TonyAE86  probably had his best night so far in my opinion. Last ditch tackles off the line, putting multiple runners through down the wing and very rarely let anything past him. Jamie No'Hara @Macca89  came back from an illness to slot in at Centre Back and with his trusty sidekick Club Tropicana @GazzaGarratt making Left Back his own, it turned out to be a night containing our most clean sheets in one game night. Not sure what Virgil (Mikey) is gonna do with AI, Jordan Prickford playing a blinder too.

Mulletov @G_dub52  was a late joiner, after supporting from work via Twitch for the first part of the night. It didn't take him time to get stuck and get the dynamic duo up top working again. Crunching tackles and sublime through balls galore.

We started the night in Division 7 needing 2 points to get promoted. After only losing one game all night and storming Division 6 with a perfect record, we ended up in Division 5 and still remaining unbeaten before logging off. An incredible night of football. The link up play was magical to say the least and the way we shifted the ball from left to right and down the channels quickly made a huge difference. Also, the tipping point was not holding the ball too long in front of goal and letting a shot off. Last minute winners went in against the better sides and we sent many sides off to an early bed, crying into their pillow wondering will their lives and souls be the same ever again.

GGFG FGFC

Dennis-Rodman.png

i scored more than 1 .. and had several assists

cba

21 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

i scored more than 1 .. and had several assists

Apologies, missed the s off the end...but you had way more 'assist assists' than assists. You can blame @Dan94  and @jordie1892  for that 🤣

19 hours ago, Dan94 said:

We going again tomorrow night? 😄 

Hell yes dude! Looks like a good one again!

I'll just take this moment though to say this has been a revelation of late. I'm not sure how we ended up where we are but we've all seemed to have such a good laugh, and along with this ended up in Division 3!?! I mean, I would've been happy around Div 8 just having some good chuckles about how awesome a cruching tackle is or someones amazing header thats hit the corner flag but we're also playing amazing alongside all the good laughs. Credit to everyone for jumping in and also switching around different positions. Its typified why FG is the way it is. I'm starting to believe we can buck the trend of these sweaty bastards on FIFA and make it into Division 1 playing the way we do and having the more laughs than any other club.

I'm hopeful to find some time to get some recordings of some great laughs of us all along the way too.

Let's keep this going and whenever you all fancy more games on a future night, stick something up and keep it rolling. GGFGFC all @Dan94  @jordie1892  @LordBaguette  @Macca89  @Lurch  @G_dub52  @TonyAE86  @Findmartin  @ChaosGladiator  @Glen11  @MikeyMoir

See you tonight at Monday Night Football folks!

Also I know Tony suggested it but I did'nt get to join in the end but did you play a cup? or maybe thats something we could look at too abit more? 

Could do with stocking the FG trophy cabinet 🤙

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

20 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Has anyone with a PS5 upgraded their FIFA 21 from the PS4 version to the PS5 version? It's free to do, however it appears to have lost my pro club progress and career mode 

I haven't done it yet mate, only realised last night I needed the disc in for the option to have it come up. When you say Pro Clubs progress, do you mean when you switch back to PS4 your stats are gone? I know that it doesn't transfer to PS5 so we'll continue to Pro Clubs on the PS4 version for now.

I've not done some updates for a while but suffice to say we've had a roller-coaster of a ride with us now bouncing around Division 3, sometimes Division 4 and hitting the dizzy heights of Division 2 a few times already. Pretty amazing achievement I think really, considering that vast difference in skill level between us all and we're pretty much having a laugh and putting the world to right as we're playing!

Having said that, Monday Night Football this week started off to a flyer after having one game left in Division 3 which we needed to win to get promoted. Usually the first game of the night is a 'warm-up' game where we get spanked but hilariously we managed to take a 2-1 lead through the Rodman & Kanye combination @Lurch  @jordie1892 . Somehow we made 2 perfectly timed tackles for both to be given as Penalties (Script you yell?). Well, the FIFA gods were on our side as not one, but two pens were neatly saved (second hit the bar but it was clearly us clicking buttons) and we ended up winning the game 3-2 to secure promotion.

After that, the night went downhill rapidly and didn't come back up. Kind of like my se...no, I won't go there. Tom @LordBaguette  will lose it if I go all negative again 😄

The results below however could've been a different story entirely, as our first game in, we started off to a flyer. James aka Rodders, hit 2 early strikes when it looked like he lost the ball both times only for him to turn like an 8-foot Olympic ice skater and bulleted home two goals. 27 minutes in, 2-0 up and we felt great. Then everything froze. For everyone. We all thought we'd get the win because we'd played enough to secure a result, but no. Nothing.

After that devastating blow though, we struggled to keep the goals down, although still dominating possession up top. Goals were going in the way they had on previous occasions and it was like we had to take so much energy to build up for a goal, we'd end up losing possession, one ball through and they'd be one-on-one again. Goal. A few batterings in between those performances and a cheeky odd win too, we all probably wanted to go down as quickly as we could. We tried to end the night on a high back in Division 3 but after leading 5-3 with 20 minutes to go, and then finish with a 6-5 loss.

I think the whole night was typified when we were playing well, @Macca89   managed to slide in and intercept a keeper throw out on the edge of the box, and with the ball trundling towards the net the whistle blows for Half Time. I did score a couple of good goals too though which i was happy with...until @jordie1892  showed me how I looked like a half-decent John Flanagan 🙈🤣

Unlucky lads, sometimes nights won't always go our way but still a good laugh! @Lurch  @jordie1892  @Macca89  @LordBaguette  @Dan94  @TonyAE86  @G_dub52  @Findmartin  GGFG!

monday night football 20210104.png

11 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

Loving the info-graphic @GazzaGarratt👍 You're welcome for the 2 assists btw 😉

🤣🤣and what amazeballs passes they were mate! It was like Christmas 2021 had come really early 😍 and thank you mate, I think the more visuals we can create the better it shows off the night we had.

We stopped the rot!! We stopped the rot!! Well, after we took a few more beatings still 🤣

We had 11 turn up across the night which was an incredible turnout and welcomed Connor (ThyCrunch) to the fold as the newcomer this week who settled in well linking up play early doors. We were teetering low down in Division 4 to start off and unfortunately, like an old Olivier Giroud, we took a little while to get into the night (you could say as per usual!) which made it even harder to get some momentum going. The Rodman @Lurch  and Kanye @jordie1892  show was getting into first gear by the 3rd game but our luck eventually ran out early, even though defense performances with blocks and crucial tackles were flying in. A few unfortunate deflections seemed to always end up in front of their forward to slot home against the run of play. Although, Red Cards from hacker-go-lucky James @Lurch  and through a last ditch attempt to stop a penalty from Club Tropicana @GazzaGarratt, certainly didn't help the cause.

You could easily be deflated after our third relegation on the bounce but we were playing some good football, especially with people trying other positions and having more of us trying out defensive partnerships. @Macca89  turned up to play a few games and connect with Torpedo Tony @TonyAE86  to make a strong pairing and with Daninho @Dan94  playing an absolute blinder all night at Right Back, our fortunes started to turn.

An always positive Gary Goals @LordBaguette  started to fire off a few bangers when he eventually found his Zen moment and with Dan doing a stellar job at the back alongside feisty Mulletov @G_dub52  the W's started coming in. The most positive display from the night was the array of passing that went throughout the team, there were moments we surpassed Barcelona's standards and nearly finished a few amazing plays with a goal whereby everyone touched the ball, apart from James 😄. Having said that, the stats don't lie. Rodman was on fire. He's the best 3p we spent on an FG signing as his height was dominating corners with his trademark headers, and his right foot was belting some in the top stanch for FGFC.

Bouncebackability was the word of the night where we quickly saw Gibroni Tony turn into Torpedo Tony in a matter of minutes. Firstly doing his trademark bullet soaring into the sky when 1-on-1 but then redeeming himself by latching on to a stray ball in the box to bury hit home, much to the delight of his fellow players. Connor also saw a 1-on-1 shot hit the post like Waddle in Extra Time vs West Germany at 1990 but then followed it up with a late epic run into the box and score with a cool finish.

Last few games got us in firmly in the groove with a cracking curled finish from Gin Tronic @tronic44 and a bullet header by Roberto Barlos @Findmartin . The goals and assists flurried home (2.4 goals per game) with only 1 game ending up with no FG goals. Ending with 50% Wins was a great comeback from last week and leaves us knowing next session we're on we'll be back in Division 4 with another trophy in the bank!

GGFG! @Macca89  @LordBaguette  @Dan94  @G_dub52  @Lurch  @jordie1892  @tronic44 @TonyAE86  @Findmartin  @ThyCrunch @GazzaGarratt

MNF 20210111.png