PS4 Party Chats - A possible way forward?

GazzaGarratt

So this monstrosity of an update for the PS4 has utterly balls'd up all the party chats you could have or see. On the face of it, it looks like you can't have chats on your own, or see any of the other chats going on so its extremely hard to just pop in and say hi or see whos available to jump in to a game with. I'm more frustrated because at a time we're all struggling with very little social contact these days, this only further restricts. Don't get me wrong, if I want to talk to someone, like say @phil bottle, i'd create a group between me and him and then connect to voice chat. No one else though would see i'm in a chat - fine if sometimes you don't want to be disturbed - but not cool if you're happy for people to pop in and say hi, check hows things are, oh and maybe join the game that we're playing?

I have an idea though until they patch the silly system (we hope).

I'm going to throw out a number of Groups that will show that i might've added you to it. In doing so, its not to spam you with messages (I can do that many other ways already 😏) but more to try and help find ways to group up with people. From what I can see it looks similar to discord where you create a Group or 'Channel', only thing you need to be on the list to access it, either for text or voice chat, otherwise you won't know you're missing out.

I was gonna make a few on the lines of....:

• FG Fridays
  • FG Chat 1
  • FG Chat 2
  • FG Chat 3
  • FG Destiny Room 1
  • FG Destiny Room 2
  • etc

If you want to not feel on your own and happy to be in a chat where some/all of us can join in and say hi let me know your thoughts. As I don't want it to be forced, you can always remove yourself from it the chats yourselves. Before you do though just ask yourself - how much you genuinely rely on the chat service on being able to just pop in and say hi? You might not realise it but you're probably making someone's day by just doing that.

Any thoughts ASAP would be great to have below. Cheers.

Its a good shout mate . I really don't understand sony's decision here . The need to moderate a voice chat is absurd but here we are. If only PlayStation could communicate with Discord. Or possibly run a voice chat through Discord on mobile?

Sony PlayStation put out an update last night

Really hope we see a change ASAP to this but until then I'll look at some group chats later today 👍

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Sony PlayStation put out an update last night

Really hope we see a change ASAP to this but until then I'll look at some group chats later today 👍

A big corporation "looking into it".... hmm 😂 i fucking hope so they can't be listening to the shit I say