NFL 2020

Laidback Lankyman

13 hours ago, techno said:

I've been into it for a long while. Already looks like chiefs are the team to beat. I believe @Baabcat  and @Plumbers Crack  are fans of the sport too. @GazzaGarratt keeps trying to show an interest.

Yeah I’m big fan, even to the extent I’ve splashed out in the NFL Game Pass app for the full season. Was about £100 but basically get to watch live any match I want, and also can watch 40min match highlights (basically every play).

amazing value when you think the premier league have just announced £15 pay per view per match.

Washington fan so nice to see them start ok (in a terrible division !) but loving watching Kansas when I can.

1 hour ago, Baabcat said:

Yeah I’m big fan, even to the extent I’ve splashed out in the NFL Game Pass app for the full season. Was about £100 but basically get to watch live any match I want, and also can watch 40min match highlights (basically every play).

amazing value when you think the premier league have just announced £15 pay per view per match.

Washington fan so nice to see them start ok (in a terrible division !) but loving watching Kansas when I can.

Might take a look at that game pass app

23 minutes ago, Laidback Lankyman said:

Yeah it’s tempting but might stick with what’s on sky sports. If you don’t mind just 12-18min highlights the nfl channel on YouTube is my Monday work break entertainment 👍🏻

The sky sports channel is a paid channel, how much is it as it doesn't say.

Yeah @techno  is right, i've been watching from afar for a number of years now but not making the full plunge. I used to play Madden games when I was younger so did get into a little and understand some basic rules back then.

My mate who live near me follows Jaguars, mainly because they've been the team that's been kind of adopted by the UK in recent years. What should I be looking out for in a team to see good play? I know that @TigerBurge  is more into College Football over there but that doesn't get televised overseas so would miss most of that.

8 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah @techno  is right, i've been watching from afar for a number of years now but not making the full plunge. I used to play Madden games when I was younger so did get into a little and understand some basic rules back then.

My mate who live near me follows Jaguars, mainly because they've been the team that's been kind of adopted by the UK in recent years. What should I be looking out for in a team to see good play? I know that @TigerBurge  is more into College Football over there but that doesn't get televised overseas so would miss most of that.

Best and easiest start I'd say is the NFL show on the Beeb, 1 hour of content a week a great set of presenters and some interesting insights and play breakdowns. It's on late sat night/ sun morning. It's also on demand so previous shows are there.

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I know that @TigerBurge  is more into College Football over there but that doesn't get televised overseas so would miss most of that.

You can get almost all of the college highlights on YT Lee...they're good to watch.Chris is a Clemson fan.. they're a pretty good team and their QB is likely to be the No. 1 draft pick next year

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Thanks @techno  and @Plumbers Crack . I'll take a look at recording some of these shows then.

Who's on form and looking likely to get to the Superbowl?

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks @techno  and @Plumbers Crack . I'll take a look at recording some of these shows then.

Who's on form and looking likely to get to the Superbowl?

Bills, Chiefs and Steelers from the AFC with Packers and Seahawks from NFC

I would love to see Kansas City Chiefs trying to get back to back Superbowls but I’d also love to see Aaron Rogers and the Green Bay Packers beat them...that would be a mouth watering game. Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder at the moment (GB traded up two places in the draft to get a rookie QB while Rodgers still had 4 years on his contract and they needed reinforcements in other areas) so will have a point to prove. Rodgers is the king imo at the moment but Pat Mahomes of the Chiefs is the next big thing ($500m 10 year contract!!) and he’s the real deal

5 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Bills, Chiefs and Steelers from the AFC with Packers and Seahawks from NFC

I would love to see Kansas City Chiefs trying to get back to back Superbowls but I’d also love to see Aaron Rogers and the Green Bay Packers beat them...that would be a mouth watering game. Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder at the moment (GB traded up two places in the draft to get a rookie QB while Rodgers still had 4 years on his contract and they needed reinforcements in other areas) so will have a point to prove. Rodgers is the king imo at the moment but Pat Mahomes of the Chiefs is the next big thing ($500m 10 year contract!!) and he’s the real deal

Some of the quarterbacks around the league these days are a joy to watch, Pat Mahomes possibly the pick of the more mobile new style, but Russell Wilson is a game winner and Lamar Jackson can be exciting though they may have worked him out a little after last year.

This year also looks slightly different there's some big scores and it might be down to a lack of pre-season.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:25 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

First thing is don’t be a Jacksonville, Cincinnati, or any New York fan. That is just purgatory for nfl fans. Top QB is always helpful over just talented receivers, but a good defence, especially defensive line is key too.

college football is really just Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, LSU, Oklahoma and Georgia for top college football and are pretty much in the final four each year.

5 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Delighted to see the Washington Football Team make the playoffs, 7 and 9 record!! Glory awaits !! If everyone else gets Covid. 

Cant wait for wild card weekend though. 

Home field advantage as well...I'll be happy if Chase Young sacks TB a couple of times and Alex Smith throws a TD pass

On 1/4/2021 at 5:11 PM, Baabcat said:

Delighted to see the Washington Football Team make the playoffs, 7 and 9 record!! Glory awaits !! If everyone else gets Covid. 

Cant wait for wild card weekend though. 

What a terrible division that is 😂

2 hours ago, techno said:

What a terrible division that is 😂

Yep, absolute shite show..the WFT have a cr@p owner, decent coach who unfortunately has cancer, a veteran QB who nearly lost a leg but came back. They cut the first choice QB for being a tw@t when the back up was injured and the vet was coming back from injury. The offense is mediocre but with a decent running back. The defence could probably hold their own in any division and have basically carried the offense and won the division for the club

So yeah, while we're not expecting to win, I imagine TB12 isn't exactly looking forward to the prospect of Chase and the boys trying to get through his face mask! Also, they're in our backyard, Brady has never had to go on the road in the play offs because the Patriots were always the best team in their conference so always held home advantage. So there is the possibility of an upset.

Come and play, Tommy boy, come and play.... we won't hurt you 🤣😎