Genshin Impact

Genshin Impact is a free-to-play action role-playing game developed and published by miHoYo, who are known for Honkai Impact 3rd, a popular action game. The game features a fantasy-based open world with gacha game mechanics. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Android and iOS on September 28, 2020. Cross play and cross save is enabled.

The game features an open-world map, which the player explores by walking, climbing, swimming and gliding as necessary. Many objects and places of significance are spread throughout the map. Players can control up to four of their characters at any one time. By completing quests to advance the story, the player is able to unlock a total of 24 playable characters. A similarly styled multiplayer mode is available. The game features cross-platform play as well as cross-save options.

Each character has two unique combat skills: a normal and a special skill. The normal skill can be used at any time except for the cool down period immediately after use, while the special skill has an energy cost, requiring the user to amass sufficient elemental energy first.

Characters have control over one of seven natural elements: Cryo, Dendro, Pyro, Hydro, Anemo, Electro and Geo, which correspond to ice, life, fire, water, air, electricity, and earth, respectively. These elements can interact in different ways, for example if a Hydro attack is followed up by a Cryo attack, it will inflict a frozen status, so the target will be unable to move or perform actions temporarily.

Cooking is another significant aspect of Genshin Impact's gameplay. Players gather many resources in the course of their adventure, some of which can be turned into dishes via cooking. Some dishes regenerate characters' health, while others boost attack or defensive abilities.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

TL:DR- It's an anime Breath of The Wild/ Diablo. The game is beautiful and really fun to play. The free to play aspect of getting premium currency to roll for new characters is fairly generous and all characters can get through any content. The resin system is the only downside (think of stamina for premium dungeons). I would recommend the game.

12 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

There is no weapon degradation.

One of the main reasons I've never really gone back to BOTW and tried to complete it. It felt like a real chore having to find more weapons that you needed to use on your travels rather than concentrate on more exciting things like exploring and crafting, etc.

It looks great, free and crossplay and save. Where do they actually make money from it?!

Has anyone tried the Multiplayer on it yet? I've already downloaded it so definitely will give it at least a few go's to see how it plays.

15 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

One of the main reasons I've never really gone back to BOTW and tried to complete it. It felt like a real chore having to find more weapons that you needed to use on your travels rather than concentrate on more exciting things like exploring and crafting, etc.

It looks great, free and crossplay and save. Where do they actually make money from it?!

Has anyone tried the Multiplayer on it yet? I've already downloaded it so definitely will give it at least a few go's to see how it plays.

On PC or PS4?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The mobile-esque gacha feature. People will drop thousands of dollars just to get a prettier character. Also this has a massive following in China.

23 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

The mobile-esque gacha feature. People will drop thousands of dollars just to get a prettier character. Also this has a massive following in China.

Mental. Maybe if a skin is a quid but I suppose this is the new era growing up with add ons you can buy to your hearts content.

On 10/7/2020 at 10:07 AM, phil bottle said:

On PC or PS4?

I've already downloaded on PS4 but i'll do it for PC too.

That's a pretty good summary, thanks! What I had seen from Genshin Impact pleased me (the animations, lighting, visuals in general, combat...) but I didn't know much about the game. I would be more interested if it was a MMO though! Just checked and they earned $874M in revenue for just 5 months of operations, that's crazy.