PS5 Pre-Orders and Launch date

GazzaGarratt

I was out went the event popped up but first thing I was surprised about was the UK and the rest of Europe getting it one whole week later. It can only be Covid-19 thats made them do that, UK is a huge market for them to miss getting it here for an entire week.

Unfortunately the event didn't say much about pre-orders. Initially people in the US were trying at GameStop whilst in the UK it wasnt clear until late that you can get it from Game. However pre-orders aren't available as 1am last night.

So, where else? There are places. The disc version is available on Very. I haven't checked other places as mine is pre-ordered from there.

Plus, something to note - there aren't any bundles with games anywhere just yet. Understandable to an extent as we all don't know what could be available in the shops!

Anyone else grab a pre-order?

I honestly think its really shitty the way they did the hole preorder thing they are making you guys wait and the US was sold out in less then minutes without giving anyone a chance to even get ahold of one so im not very impressed by songs call on the no marketing but het that's why they make the big money right.

The event was very underwhelming to be honest, most games not ready until next year and nothing that blew me away. To be honest, when Xbox announced Stalker and Warhammer Darktide I was impressed but what are the stand out exclusives that Sony has announced? Final Fantasy maybe but not sure what else...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I was out went the event popped up but first thing I was surprised about was the UK and the rest of Europe getting it one whole week later. It can only be Covid-19 thats made them do that, UK is a huge market for them to miss getting it here for an entire week.

Unfortunately the event didn't say much about pre-orders. Initially people in the US were trying at GameStop whilst in the UK it wasnt clear until late that you can get it from Game. However pre-orders aren't available as 1am last night.

So, where else? There are places. The disc version is available on Very. I haven't checked other places as mine is pre-ordered from there.

Plus, something to note - there aren't any bundles with games anywhere just yet. Understandable to an extent as we all don't know what could be available in the shops!

Anyone else grab a pre-order?

*COUGH*

banlol.png

Can't see the point of pre-ordering the PS5 for release day this time round. Did it for the PS4, but that seemed worth it at the time. Like has been said, no exclusives or anything shout about will be coming through until next year. Therefore, I am going to be a miserly old fucker and keep my hard earnt until early next year at least, not bothered about getting it pre-Christmas this time round. Not even slightly interested in lining Microsoft's pockets by buying the XBox!

I'd strongly advise not to pre-order until there is physical units in-store and the shelves are rammed. Do not lay any money down with retailers or sites because I'm willing to bet a lot of them don't even know if they will able to get stock in let alone meet the demand of the pre-orders they've taken. What usually happens is an almighty scramble for the next gen of consoles on release and then come January there are so many available, shops start bundling in stuff to offload them.  

I've bagged 2 pre-orders with game. Went in store and got allocated launch day units.  Very let us down as we had pre registered but they never really followed it up.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'd strongly advise not to pre-order until there is physical units in-store and the shelves are rammed. Do not lay any money down with retailers or sites because I'm willing to bet a lot of them don't even know if they will able to get stock in let alone meet the demand of the pre-orders they've taken. What usually happens is an almighty scramble for the next gen of consoles on release and then come January there are so many available, shops start bundling in stuff to offload them.  

This.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

If I come across a chance to pre-order one etc I probably will but I'm not in a massive rush this time around. Infact I think I got my first PS4 at the end of Jan 🤔