GT Sport - FG Races

GazzaGarratt

12 minutes ago, Shucker said:

I still have too heavy of a foot coming out of corners and spin out 25% of the time.

🙂

@Shucker  not sure if you can do this with the setup that you have mate, but I know a few of my racing friends swapped out the springs on their pedal setup for a harder spring which stopped the issue of it being too light and giving them more control on the accelerator. 

I know when racing I’m the wet we used to do that for some of the younger drivers to stop them from spinning out on low speed corners when it was wet or greasy 

APmVvKG.gif

On 2/24/2021 at 2:22 PM, Shucker said:

@GazzaGarrattIf you're gonna call out people about quitting in a race, them Imma call you out... don't be a baby. You dropped the dosh, so get on the wheel in races even if your lap times suffer a bit. Don't be a sweaty tryhard. 🙂

I love you Shucks 🤣🤣🤣 When you're as bad as me on the wheel then sometimes you need that idea of actually how fast am I already so I know I'm improving!

Don't panic though, longer term I have to use it otherwise the wife will kill me for wasting money 😄 but I can be honest with myself and know that whatever I use I'll never quit a race because that's not me. Some weeks are good, others are shit for me but ill turn up and have fun with everyone cos whatever happens thats why we're all there.

I need to get a race seat somehow because my set up just doesn't quite work at my desk I'm finding. I'm tensed up in a weird position, getting trainers put to make sure the chair doesn't move. I know @Teenwolf25  Clive has recently bought a foldable playseat which would be ideal for my house so I'm gonna be waiting to hear how it feels when we next race together.

On 2/27/2021 at 9:23 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

I love you Shucks 🤣🤣🤣 When you're as bad as me on the wheel then sometimes you need that idea of actually how fast am I already so I know I'm improving!

Don't panic though, longer term I have to use it otherwise the wife will kill me for wasting money 😄 but I can be honest with myself and know that whatever I use I'll never quit a race because that's not me. Some weeks are good, others are shit for me but ill turn up and have fun with everyone cos whatever happens thats why we're all there.

I need to get a race seat somehow because my set up just doesn't quite work at my desk I'm finding. I'm tensed up in a weird position, getting trainers put to make sure the chair doesn't move. I know @Teenwolf25  Clive has recently bought a foldable playseat which would be ideal for my house so I'm gonna be waiting to hear how it feels when we next race together.

I went for the foldable one to see how I get on first and for storage reason. I love the way it folds up with the wheel etc still attached 

BA3A02B3-A956-4125-B66A-99AF85A0A532.jpeg

1 hour ago, Teenwolf25 said:

I went for the foldable one to see how I get on first and for storage reason. I love the way it folds up with the wheel etc still attached 

BA3A02B3-A956-4125-B66A-99AF85A0A532.jpeg

Seriously Clive...you need to do some repair work to that garage mate! It seems a bit close to the water as well 😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

More good races last night, even with a few missing we still had quite a few there. We also learned that Crispy is the new Mike. Mike must be delighted.

Just wanted to also take a moment to say I think we have a great balance. Yes, some races can feel intense at times, mainly because of the pressure we put ourselves under more than anything else, but its also extremely chill. I don't think many other places could do this and all of us have a good laugh through the whole night. I didn't get the best results but it didn't matter for me, really enjoyed the catch and it gave me and my brain some much needed chill time when everything else is extremely busy.

Absolutely gutted my kids decided to make the wife go on a WW3 campaign last night 2 laps in to the first race. Looked forward to this racing all week too as we'd rallied the troops and had 9 on the grid whilst I felt reasonably quick enough too - and even started the first race well to be second initially, albeit before I got slammed into a barrier, brought to a full stop, and given a penalty for a barrier collision. This game is hilarious. Still, I was trying to carry on and pick up the pieces and made it back to around 6th quickly before carnage ended proceedings.

Sorry for missing out but I hope the races were just as fun as usual. Shame about James @Lurch  pressing exit on the race just before it started by accident and @Macca89  believing Kiwi's joke about putting on Intermediate tyres in the sunshine ffs 🤦‍♂️

I'm thinking for next week we double check everyone is good and ready and for the less experienced, double check nice and early they know how to change tyres and know where the pits are 👍 I want to make sure everyone has as much as they can out of these nights and easy simple mistakes outside of the racing can impact that ❤️

20 hours ago, slamminbones said:

Gutted for you mate as you missed the real fun at the end of the night getting a fiat 500 to do 300 mph. 

Did anyone record it? 😂😂

Race 2 and 3 have been added to the calendar.

Race 2 is N800 and BOP will be turned off.

Race 3 is a race of tactics. Full power will not get you twice around the track. I'd advise against pitting as slipstream is king. Anyone is capable if winning Race 3 but I suggest checking the best car in advance as it's all about speed and fuel use.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg