GT Sport - FG Races

GazzaGarratt

I'm going to set up the calendar for Tuesdsy this evening, so let me know if theres any requests.

Last week was great, 10 people on at once, though I think it was 9 in the races.

I picked up the fastest lap timr in the Gr.3 race thanks to us turning off BOP and my car being fast...but braked too late on one too many occasions to have any chance of winning the race. 

But yes, new calendar event for Tuesday will go up around 6pm this evening, let me know. Will stick to Gr.3 and Gr.4.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So, it appears the daily races in Gran Turismo for next for next week have been announced.

Gr.3 Red Bull Ring track, 5 laps, hard tyres no wear or fuel use.

Gr.4 Nurburring 24H track, 2 laps hard tyres, fuel 2x, tyres 5x.

Might stick with the Gr.3 with some modification but I'm open to suggestions still for the Gr.4.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Last week was absolutely awesome racing. Having 9 of us in the race definitely add to some more battles throughout the races and great to see new people giving GT Sport a go too.

The first race was a blinder foe me personally, perhaps the best it's ever been. I'm getting seriously fast one lap times in practice and sometimes in Qualy, so transforming that into consistent performances is the key part. The first 4 lap race started miserably because after getting the 2nd fastest time in practice, I was back down in 5th after a few scratchy Qualifying laps. However, the road opened for me and I believe Matty @Misneach_  for once as he slowly started to get into the race. A quick battle between him and Mike @Mikepjbell  saw Matty lose track position and with Mike hitting the fast chicane barrier full on to lose places on the first lap.

@Greboth and @JBR-Kiwi  as per usual were battling quite hard for first spot and because I was around only 2 seconds behind it kept me with a fighting chance. On the last lap Greebs and Kiwi went hard into the chicane with Kiwi coming off worse, enough for me to slip past him into second just behind Greebs. I was so happy with that race and reminded I can actually get some consistency.

The second race was a killer. We put BoP off so Paul @slamminbones  could join us with a Gr.2 car when it was a Gr.3 race which actually made for some challenging and unpredicatable racing. Kiwi had the power with Greebs being left for dead on straights. Mike battled back and forth with Greebs initially, and stuck close by staying ahead of @phil bottle at the same time. A huge long lap saw lower down @jordie1892  do extremely well at navigating himself into the top of the next pack, with myself close behind followed by Harold @Spacedeck . I eentually past Jordie although it took many corners, for us to the both get close again for another battle. We took a corner far too fast and all of a sudden Harold sneaked past, only to unfortunately lose it on the next corner. I feel like if he could've held that corner he would've went on to beat us. An unfortunate mispick of tyres for Mike ended up meaning he had to pit twice which left him 2 seconds behind Phil on the last lap which got a bit tasty until Mike couldn't hold one of the corners. Greebs for all the effort just couldn't close the gap enough on the corners on Kiwi who took a great win when tyres were wearing extremely thin.

Super to see @TonyAE86  be around as well Tom @LordBaguette  initially, although sounds like he need to sort his controller out!

GGFG everyone!

Can  I ask if we can do something like 20 (or 30 max) minutes for Practice on each of the races this week and see how we get on? I'm thinking it'll help us get more races in and likely keep it pretty even as it won't give too much time for more considered drivers to get their eye in!

We should try and find more time between each Tuesday then if people want more time on the tracks and cars. We could then do 3 races minimum perhaps?

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Can  I ask if we can do something like 20 (or 30 max) minutes for Practice on each of the races this week and see how we get on? I'm thinking it'll help us get more races in and likely keep it pretty even as it won't give too much time for more considered drivers to get their eye in!

We should try and find more time between each Tuesday then if people want more time on the tracks and cars. We could then do 3 races minimum perhaps?

Agreed, if everyone's up to speed, from 8pm we can give everyone 5 or 6 laps to warm up then straight to qualifying. Much more likely to be able to fit another race in, plus this week's main races aren't particularly long.

I'll aim to set up the lobby from 7.30pm though for those who need the extra practice.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Good racing last night guys. It was good to see a large group racing again this week and even my missus says she hasn’t heard me laugh so much on a race night! 😄

@Greboth3rd race was hilarious but I enjoyed the close racing on that one with you even if it did get close!

Definitely think the GT needs to have another look at the penalty zones on the red bull track as there was a lot of frustration flying about! 

APmVvKG.gif

Couldn't agree more with you @JBR-Kiwi , this weeks racing was seriously good fun. 10 players on the grid this week after 9 last week - we'll soon have a max 16 players on the grid after hearing @Macca89  @Diddums and @Stretch616  are also looking to get involved when they can.

I'm really starting to get a rhythm going for the first race of the night. It took me the whole of practice though to work out what car could work on that Tokyo track but I eventually settled on my 5th choice,  the Audi TT. 

Although I got the 3rd fastest time in practice (pipping @Mikepjbell ) and I messed up my Qualy laps to start 5th or 6th. Probably didn't help racing @phil bottle and @JBR-Kiwi . The first corner we all knew was going to be a toughie and it worked out well for me with Matty @Misneach_  in 3rd with @Mikepjbell  and @jordie1892  close behind me. Greebs got off to a flyer with Kiwi but it seemed even Kiwi was picking up penalties like pretty much everyone on the track after hitting walls along the way.

If I could've hit less walls than I feel like I was getting closer to Kiwi than I ever have - no way near still to challenge 2nd but enough to keep my hopes up that I'm improving. Mike was pushing hard but probably too hard as his penalties racked up. After a promising start Jordie tried his best to keep in the middle of the pack but lost time through each lap. I was very impressed with Harold @Spacedeck  finishing 4th after his penalties were slightly less than Mike's. Phil struggled to get going for once which was a surprise but we also saw Paul and Matty make some massive strides in getting closer to the pack. I'm hoping they see their own improvements week on week.

The other 2 races were all over the place but great to shift the pack around! Mike held his own very well in our mid-duel holding me off until I made silly mistakes which let Phil and Matty past. I was getting penalties like others kept getting put my Supra just wasn't fast enough for some reason although it felt good around corners. The 3rd race i did better but without little practice for many I think that helped me in my favour tbh!

One thing I noticed was actually, I little bit more practice on the first race suited us all. There's a balance to be had because we all struggle to get there on time. Let's keep an eye on it as I wouldn't want people to get bored over too much practice but at the same time it helps many of us out I believe.

*Bern bern bern bern* what’s up guys? It’s your boy matty happy New Years to all. I don’t know if games are planned for tonight but if my GT sport peeps are around I would love to do some races tonight get pissed and inevitably rage quit! Tonight 9 pm Friday January 1st 2021.
@jordie1892  @JBR-Kiwi  @phil bottle @Mikepjbell  @Spacedeck  @LordBaguette  @Greboth @Diddums @Stretch616  @GazzaGarratt hope I didn’t forget anyone. Pepperoni Toni ... 

7 minutes ago, Misneach_ said:

*Bern bern bern bern* what’s up guys? It’s your boy matty happy New Years to all. I don’t know if games are planned for tonight but if my GT sport peeps are around I would love to do some races tonight get pissed and inevitably rage quit! Tonight 9 pm Friday January 1st 2021.
@jordie1892  @JBR-Kiwi  @phil bottle @Mikepjbell  @Spacedeck  @LordBaguette  @Greboth @Diddums @Stretch616  @GazzaGarratt hope I didn’t forget anyone. Pepperoni Toni ... 

🙈🙈🙈

If there's enough on could pull my self of the campaign. 

slamminbones.png

Enjoyed last night and so good to see so many people playing! Look forward to Tuesdays race hopefully with above 10 people even?! 

PS, Sorry Phil. Sorry, sorry sorry soz. Matts fault. 

Edited by GazzaGarratt
Got rid of empty block for you Mike

I now expect to see by April, @TonyAE86  leading the standings...either that or the same picture will have a massive gaping hole in that desk from all the rage 🤣🤣

An impromptu evening of GT Sport on an FG Friday which was not expected but gratefully received! Without @JBR-Kiwi @Greboth had a slightly easier night of it in the main although i'd like to think the gap is closing ever so slightly from the chasing pack.

What's great to see is that the whole pack are becoming ever closer in timings which means we are gonna have even more tighter racing. I think it will also end in a lot of 'Sorry's' and balls up for sure. I think last night showed @phil bottle is just seriously unlucky of late with the amount of times he got bashed off the track 🙈🤣 The gap on qualifying between first and last is now starting to become less than 10 seconds for everyone and whilst that can still feel a lot, many races will involve penalties, racing incidents, cock ups and then tyre degradation and pit stop fuelling so lots still can happen.

I think Paul @slamminbones  made some huge strides in his timings last night, especially the second race, alongside newcomer @Stretch616  that had speed right from the start. Matty @Misneach_  pulled a few good lap times out before he had to go and I think the luck for @phil bottle started to change from the first race to the second; a sixth out of 10 for the first race but second out of 6 in the last race and not far off @Greboth for a few good laps.

Being away on holiday meant I was a little distracted in the first race which meant I dropped back to 9th I think at one stage due to the first corner on Monza. Lots of late breaking caused Phil to be sent off the track, with @Mikepjbell  showing his 'Usual Suspects' efforts losing all control of the first chicane. Stretch and Matty came unscathed chasing after Greebs but as the laps went on the time gap stretched with a few minor errors coming in. Stretch lost it on too wide and allowed me to get through on a later lap which caused his car to swing out into the sand. Mike managed to also skip the chicane, and only get a 4.5 second penalty which shoved him into second 🤣 . I couldn't catch him after making my way through the pack. Meanwhile Stretchy took Matty on the line based on his penalty with Tom @LordBaguette , Tony @TonyAE86  and Paul @slamminbones  continuing to get to grips with the race pace and Gr.4.

2nd race was a real good learner for us all, with Greebs way out ahead but it was nice to give everyone to time to understand how to get the best out of the Audi TT on a fairly simple track. Tom @LordBaguette  started to really get some race pace by the end of the night, whilst Stretch looked yet again fast. I had a 'Willow Springs' moment where my Qualifying was solid and super close to Greebs (0.3 seconds) but I was unable to turn into the race where I probably gave everyone too much respect as literally everyone went screaming into the first corner. I fought back to be right behind Phil but I had a go on the outside of one of the final corners and probably should've shown abit more aggression to take an inside line.

All in all a great night again and I think with a bunch of people missing and also new people to join in on GT Sport FG races, we could be looking at a near full FG race night!! GGFG

I think we said we'd do Bluemoon this Tuesday so I'll put that in the calendar.

Next week's daily races are funny because there are two Gr.4 races, one at Monza and the other at Tokyo. Which we've just done ourselves😁

The third race is Gr.3 and Interlagos, so we'll go for that I imagine.

Any requests, suggestions, let us know, I'll add to the calendar.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg