GT Sport - FG Races

GazzaGarratt

15 hours ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

Love the track but man is it a temperamental one 

Nope, hated that one! 🤣

Corners are super hard to get round and I find its like the circuit wants you to go off the track which is then a nightmare as it buggers your speed up around the entire lap. Still, a decent first few laps - I probably made it interesting by trying to keep Greebs close enough to the pack by whacking him on the chicane. Annoyingly I felt like I was in touch for a few laps but if i'm honest I never broker 1.30 in that Audi as I the braking and turning into corners on the Laguna Seca isn't that clear to me. I actually take a lot from talking to you all through practice and the race so not being able to talk to you guys cos Sony screwed up chat for the whole night was annoying AF and disappointing.

Still, looks like it was a great race ahead of me! 😜

Yeah, the party chat issues were annoying as hell.

Good race though. Had a good start, thought I'd be trying to keep Greboth honest but Lee elbowed through on the first corner, I'm too nice giving space, before further on after turn 3 I saw him nudging JBR slightly off track, at least that's how it looked to me😉

After Lee's nudge JBR had to follow behind me while Greboth tried to escape Lee's attentions. To no avail, a coming together of those two ended with Lee falling behind, with me now on Greboth's tail. I think I managed a lap before JBR nudged me around a corner and I went off track a little. I tried to stay on him but I lost a bit of composure and took the next two corners poorly. I'm pretty sure I saw Lee attempting to fly at one point in my rear view mirror, either that or he was trying to mate with Harold. I blushed.

After Lee's divebomb, Greboth held onto his wits and drove a consistent race to finish first. JBR was about 8 seconds behind him, I was around 12 seconds behind JBR, with Harold fourth and Lee last ....but not forgotten.

The race finished and I got kicked offline.😁

Out of 10 laps, two of mine were error strewn but the rest very consistent. I like the track, kind of itching for a longer race though.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

25 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

thought I'd be trying to keep Greboth honest but Lee elbowed through on the first corner, I'm too nice giving space, before further on after turn 3 I saw him nudging JBR slightly off track, at least that's how it looked to me😉

Yeah, i took a chance on that corner and felt like I nailed it 😄 I did hit Kiwi, that's for sure but if i'm totally honest I was on the inside of that corner so I think for 3 or 4 corners before I was expecting him to back off cos there was no way 2 cars could get round that corner, so its why I made sure I was on the inside. Thats kinda why chat was annoyingly not there as i was ready to tell @JBR-Kiwi  to back off cos I wasn't gonna lose position on that corner!

Although, yeah. I fucked up after that with @Greboth 🤣🤣 and cos I then started to feel about having a number of bumps, I decided to wait to join after you all went through. Probably best as I couldn't get my pace up even though I was solidly lapping low 1.31's. I think thats what I like about racing; regardless of how slow or fast you are, track positions are respected and for a very brief moment it felt like I was catching Greebs...until I forgot my speed and decided not brake 🙈

I think the only time you were catching me was when you didn’t brake 😆

I tried desperately to drive anything that wasn’t that damn TT but I relativey easily got the TT in to mid-low 28’s but was on the edge trying to get other cars even in to the 28’s.  So I succumbed and drove the TT 😞 

It was certainly an interesting start to the race, the first lap was a little tentative but lap 2 I almost equalled my quali time then lap 2 and 3 were quicker managing to get the fastest lap with a 1:27.5.  I could see some of the carnage going in my mirror so between my pb’s and lee playing wreckfest I was about 6 seconds ahead.  Trying to push for even faster lap times lead to a couple mistakes on lap 5 and 6 bringing my lead down 4.5-5 seconds at one point.  After that, I decided to take things a little slower as I could do 1:28’s without risking going off.  Over the last few laps I managed to pull the lead out to just over 8 seconds though I think Kiwi may have made a mistake or 2 as gap did seem to jump up a couple times.  

PSN issues were a pain but still a good race at a tricky circuit.

@phil bottle 10 laps always seems a decent amount and not too long by the time we’ve done practice and quali.  Longer race(s) would be good though I think these would have to be agreed a little more in advance to give people time to practise so that at 9pm we could go straight in to a quick quali then a longer race.

Edit: Maybe the longer race could be run a week behind.  So when a good gr3/gr4 combo comes up in race C this week we actually race is next week.  Maybe with double the laps and tyres/fuel set to half what Race C was.  That way it should guarantee at least 1 stop being required.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

10 minutes ago, Greboth said:

At this rate it’ll be an easy win for me 🤣

I guess Lee wasn’t going to make it due to Destiny but don’t know about the rest.  Maybe we miss this week if no-one else is going to make it.

Lol. I was going to still try and make it but if we don't have enough tonight it might help me on the first night of launch for the new DLC! 🤣 However, we still have @JBR-Kiwi  @Mikepjbell  and @Spacedeck  that i don't think have made their mind up yet. I also think Pete, Phil's mate could be on potentially.

It was some great racing last night and I think the closest finish we've had in any race so far.....just a shame I was on the wrong end of close finish 😞

Race 1 round Alsace village, I hopped on a little after 8 to get some practice in and Mike soon joined.  I reasonably quickly got down to the 1:54's and wasn't doing much improving passed that.  Harold then Kiwi joined giving us enough for a race.  Some more practice later I'd squeezed my time in down to a 1:53.6 with Kiwi in the low 54's I memory serves.  We moved on to actual qualifying and Kiwi smashed it out the park with a 1:53.4 or so which I couldn't match though managed to hit my PB of a 53.6 meaning I lined up second.  The times were close though so there was a chance over the 10 lap race to get the better of Kiwi.  At the race start Mike managed to jump me ( and maybe Kiwi too? ) but it didn't take long for me to get passed and be on Kiwi's rear bumper.  This went on for a few laps and, I think, lap 4 I made a mistake going through turn 3 costing me a couple of seconds.  Still there was enough laps to maybe claw back the time but Kiwi had been driving fast and clean so it was probably going to take a mistake.  I stuck in as many fast laps as I could, getting down to the fastest lap on lap 9 of a 1:52.882 while desperately trying to close the gap.  Coincidentally, on lap 9 Kiwi made a mistake in the hairpin near the end of the lap meaning it was going to be a last lap shootout for the win.  Kiwi again drove fast and clean meaning while he couldn't shake me I also couldn't get close enough to try a move.  I think the biggest gap between us was about 2.5 seconds after I made a mistake but ended up crossing the line only 0.5 apart.

1552599205_FGGTRacesResultAlsace.thumb.jpg.e691c14c8b41f51049905b5c44198866.jpg

Race 2 - For race 2 we decided to do a MX5's round Tskuba as a quick race round a short track.  Not really paying attention, I set the track up and as going in to it I didn't know what class the MX5 was so I left it unlocked.  A few practice laps in and a few little things adding up it eventually dawned on me - my MX5 was tuned.  My MX5 was N300 while everyone elses was N100 🤣 A little messing around in the menus' soon sorted that out.  Quali was close and I thought Kiwi had the pole until the very last lap where I sneaked in a faster time.  I massively cocked up the start but, similar to race 1, was soon on Kiwi's tail with the help of the slipsteam down the back straight.  I think it was around lap 6 or 7 that I eventually go passed Kiwi round the last corner.  After that it was mostly just trying to keep ahead of Kiwi and not let him get the slipstream to get passed me.  I don't really know why, maybe down to line?, but Kiwi wasn't catching me on the straight like I was to him so  ended up crossing the line for the win.

Sorry I missed Tuesday night everybody. I'm super glad you still did it though. I'll be back next week but i'm loving the update @Greboth, definitely keep these coming!

Maybe next week we'll have at least 6 of us vying for the prize 😎 @phil bottle👀

P.S. There is a few GT Sport copies in the FGFGF Xmas Giveaway so if you know anybody that has always fancied joining us or loves racing games let them know people. Also, if anyone else reads this thread and you haven't got it, you know what to do! ➡️ FGFGF Xmas Giveaway link

55 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Sorry I missed Tuesday night everybody. I'm super glad you still did it though. I'll be back next week but i'm loving the update @Greboth, definitely keep these coming!

Maybe next week we'll have at least 6 of us vying for the prize 😎 @phil bottle👀

Indeed, I should be ok every Tuesday now until Crimbo. Looks like I need some practice 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So this week was a weird one for me. The track I didn’t like before Tuesday and was really struggling on, I actually did well on! And the track I thought I was going to have my best chance on I drove poorly in the last few laps 😂

Before the the first race started I had been struggling to get into the 1:55s and even those were incredibly inconsistent. Then quali rolled around and somehow I managed to find nearly two a half seconds and wrestle pole away from Greebs! 

I do have to say, my performance might have been down to the fact I really needed a piss which actually almost cost me as the urgent run to the loo actually meant I missed the start of the race!! 😂 luckily  @Greboth @Mikepjbell  and @Spacedeck were good sports and waited until I got back. As  Greebs has gone through already, the race was close and thankfully consistency won me the race asides from one mistake 😄 

Second race started off with some very suspicious power advantage from a certain member which provided a fair bit of hilarity. Thankfully an FIA investigation reduced the perpetrators advantage for quali and the race 😂
Race wise, the mx5s were actually surprisingly tricky to drive as momentum was everything and any mistake was magnified a hundredfold. Drafting down the long straight had a massive advantage as well which meant that any gap I made in the infield was negated on the straight. 

Around the 7th lap(?) Greebs got past and from that point I was really struggling and laptimes went to shit for no reason I could work out and ended up finishing second. But either way It was a good evening of races so roll on next week and hopefully a few more drivers 😄

APmVvKG.gif

This Tuesday for Gr.3 we'll be on the Nurburgring. If you don't know the track I suggest some pre-practice as it's around 7 minutes a lap.

A marmite track this, I like it myself. Very fast and a lot of opportunities to fuck it all up.  I'm going to get my wheel out so RIP me.

The Gr.4 is a Sardenga track which I enjoy but can be weak on.

But as I say, I'll be on the wheel which means I should be faster but also more likely to make a mistake 😢

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm adding my name to the event to say yes but just to let you know its Dax's 11th birthday tomorrow so by the time we end up playing this I should be fine. However at least you know the reason if i'm late its not because of anything else! Looking forward to getting a few laps in around the circuit.

18 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm adding my name to the event to say yes but just to let you know its Dax's 11th birthday tomorrow so by the time we end up playing this I should be fine. However at least you know the reason if i'm late its not because of anything else! Looking forward to getting a few laps in around the circuit.

We'll probably start late as I want to allow everyone as much practice on Nurburgring as possible😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Oh damn! When I saw the event I thought it was the GP circuit not the full Nordschlieffe... Nordeschleife... Nordschleife... Green Hell.

Definitely some practice required then as I kinda know my way round but really not that well.