Among Us (PC, IOS, ANDROID)

The3rdWalker

Overview

Among Us takes place on a space ship in outer space. There are two teams: the Impostors and the Crewmates. There can be a total of 10 players in an online game, with up to three impostors. The Impostors' objective is to eliminate all Crewmates using either aggressive, defensive, or passive tactics before the Crewmates complete all of their tasks or discover their true identity. The Crewmates objective is to complete all of their tasks while figuring out who the Impostor is.

Gameplay

The premise of Among Us is quite simple: you are one of 4 to 10 players on a space ship. One of these is an Impostor whose main goal is to kill everyone else. The remainder of the players are part of the regular crew who are just trying to escape unharmed. To do this, they have to complete several tasks or (better yet) find the Impostor and vote them out Survivor-style. If they are successful, the Crew wins. If the Impostor manages to kill them all, he or she wins.

The free map, Skeld, has 14 different rooms that are connected by 7 hallways. Everyone spawns in the Cafeteria and, depending on the host's settings, as well as on RNG, Crewmates have to visit some or most of the other rooms to complete their tasks. While Impostors do not have tasks as their specific objectives, they can fake “completing” certain activities as a way to gain everyone else's trust. Every user has a chance to call an emergency meeting or, upon seeing a dead body, to report it to everyone else. For the mobile release, discussions are only possible during these time-limited events.

If you are an Impostor, your main goal is to convince others that you did not do it, while the Crew has to spot you out. Since it is a voting system where the person with the most votes gets eliminated from the game, it does not really matter who does what. Instead, your argumentative powers are what makes a difference. To sway people in one direction or another, you have to be prepared to make your case as convincingly as possible. There is a short time-limit, so you either have to present very strong evidence or come up with a believable narrative that will take others off your trail.

When you are killed by the Impostor, you become a ghost. Although you cannot interact or discuss with others, you can help them complete tasks. They will not be able to see you, though.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

So the Rainbow 6 community has gotten into this game hard, as well as my community and it's some of the best fun I have ever had. Blaming one another, trying to murder one another, trying to get others to argue and falsely eject innocent people from a spaceship airlock... It's free on mobile, or five dollars on Steam. (Mobile and PC can play together) I think the FG group would be amazing to play if we can get 10 people together for an hour. (I know Dave would throw a shit fit)

Here's a clip from earlier this week that I uploaded to my YouTube channel:

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I think i'll have to watch a few more videos, that was a good watch Rob, definitely can see that we'd have fun with it. I just need to understand the rules a little more. Part of me also thinks some people here would totally get this wrong and make a mess of it! 🙈🤣

15 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Any takers on this?

I'd be down for trying it if we could get a group of us on it. As its crossplay I imagine most could get the mobile version if they dont have a PC or part with 5 of their finest English pounds.

Yeah...I've worked it out now, well, after my 8 year old wanted to play it and helped me understand how it works 🙈

Defnitely need to get my arse in gear and find a night where we can get 10 of us on this. Can I ask though if we're all in Discord and you get killed by The Imposter are we saying that person doesn't say anything from that moment otherwise they'll give it away wouldn't they?

43 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah...I've worked it out now, well, after my 8 year old wanted to play it and helped me understand how it works 🙈

Defnitely need to get my arse in gear and find a night where we can get 10 of us on this. Can I ask though if we're all in Discord and you get killed by The Imposter are we saying that person doesn't say anything from that moment otherwise they'll give it away wouldn't they?

Yeah you just mute whenever you're killed/voted out