Next Gen Price FG Sweepstake

phil bottle

So yeah, let's run a book on the final price of the new consoles.

Let's all stake our guesses for each console on how much they will cost. UK Sterling or US Dollar ideally. Also, for Xbox just stick to the top one, as i hear there will be a less powerful one too.

Winner will get a prize. 

So far:

PS5

1. Phil - £499
  2. Greboth - £499.95
  3. BO7H B4RRELS - $549.99
  4. Plumber's Crack - £549
  5. Techno - £449
  6. J4MES OX4D - £449.99
  7. The3rdWalker - $549.99
  8. slamminbones - £550.00
  9. GazzaGarratt - £419

10. JBR-Kiwi - £474.99

Xbox

1. Phil - £399
  2. Greboth - £449.99
  3. BO7H B4RRELS - $499.99
  4. Plumber's Crack - £495
  5. Techno - £429
  6. J4MES OX4D - £429.99
  7. The3rdWalker - $599.99
  8. slamminbones - £539.99
  9. GazzaGarratt - £409

10. JBR-Kiwi - £425

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I think you’re bang on with the PS5 though I think the xbox will be £449.  Or more accurately £449.95 or £449.99 as they’ve got to creep it under the whole pound.

I think MS will want the market share back so will undercut Sony but equally MS have the more powerful console so I don’t think it will be that much cheaper. 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

8 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I think you’re bang on with the PS5 though I think the xbox will be £449.  Or more accurately £449.95 or £449.99 as they’ve got to creep it under the whole pound.

I think MS will want the market share back so will undercut Sony but equally MS have the more powerful console so I don’t think it will be that much cheaper. 

I think with Microsoft going full on with their game pass, and android connectivity too, with Sony going more for exclusives,  the different approaches will be interesting.

You reminded me that if someone says £500 for PS5 and it's £499.99, then that beats my guess of £499....

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

PS5...£549

Xbox...£495

I’m presuming  here we’re talking manf. list price for machine only? No bundle deals, no special offers from merchants, etc
Yeah, that makes sense!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ffs, @J4MES OX4D  has already got my answers! I can't see the base version with no games being near 500 as it'll put too many off it.

PS4 - £419

Xbox - £409

But we all know its the bundles that cos 779 that everyone will have to go for 🙈

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Ffs, @J4MES OX4D  has already got my answers! I can't see the base version with no games being near 500 as it'll put too many off it.

PS4 - £419

Xbox - £409

But we all know its the bundles that cos 779 that everyone will have to go for 🙈

Those prices of yours Lee will probably be close but without the controller and power supply! 🤣

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Microsoft have finally revealed their pricing. Going down the mobile phone route of subscription payments is very interesting.

$499.99 with a $35 a month subscription will really tot up. That's nearly $1000 off the bat for a unit and one year sub bundle. Could get very expensive if you have other entertainment subscriptions as well as household bills. It's great if you intend to play plenty of games and have the time to do so but a lot of users will just want the console and games of their choice without being tied down. 

Having said that though, Sony will have to provide a far better subscription that the current PS+ or a vast improvement on that at the very least. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

$499.99 with a $35 a month subscription will really tot up. That's nearly $1000 off the bat for a unit and one year sub bundle. Could get very expensive if you have other entertainment subscriptions as well as household bills. It's great if you intend to play plenty of games and have the time to do so but a lot of users will just want the console and games of their choice without being tied down. 

Having said that though, Sony will have to provide a far better subscription that the current PS+ or a vast improvement on that at the very least. 

I may have read this wrong but I believe the 35 a month fee subscription means you don't pay up front for the console, the price of the console is paid off monthly.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I may have read this wrong but I believe the 35 a month fee subscription means you don't pay up front for the console, the price of the console is paid off monthly.

I read this like a mobile phone plan as well Phil, they're offering financing options.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Ah I get it now! Actually that seems an interesting way of doing it. I thought it would be a bit crazy if they charged for the console and then a sub on top!

Can I still get in on this sweepstake?

PS5 - £474.99

Xbox - £425

Either way I won’t be getting one initially until the first run of consoles have been stress tested by the general public. Too many nightmares of the first Xbox 360 and red ring issues I had...

APmVvKG.gif

8 hours ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

Can I still get in on this sweepstake?

PS5 - £474.99

Xbox - £425

Either way I won’t be getting one initially until the first run of consoles have been stress tested by the general public. Too many nightmares of the first Xbox 360 and red ring issues I had...

You've sneaked in, I've updated the OP. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I reckon the Series X will be £449 and the smaller Series S will be £249.....

I also think that MS have caught Sony off guard with their pricing. Can't help thinking that the PS5 was going to be more expensive. So

PS5 disc version £499

PS5 Digital version £399

fart.gif

When are we actually gonna hear from Sony? Thought it would've been done by now...makes me think they are readjusting their price after Microsoft's move.