Motorhome Dreams

GazzaGarratt

We've had a few decent chats at home over recent weeks about how we love finding querky places to go but we think we'd love it even more if we potentially looked into a motorhome of some kind that we could travel around the UK with.

I'm not think Campervan style as per the likes of @Stretch616  and @G_dub52 , fair props to them as I don't think I have the knack of doing the work on something like this and we'd probably want to push for something slightly bigger and in a finished kind of condition. I'm just wondering what types of motorhomes work well, decently priced, and the more practical elements we should look out for. I'd love for an FG camping meet up one day, I think my only worry is about driving something that big for a change!

What out there? Anyone else tempted by the Motorhome ideas, especially how Covid has impacted our lives?

We've got a 32' Coachman Catalina.  It's got a queen bed for me and the Mrs.  It's got a bedroom at the other end for my kids, bunk beds and a third loft bed.  It's got a bathroom with a shower/tub.  It also has a couple of features that I didn't think we'd use but ended up being awesome.  The outdoor kitchen and the outdoor shower.  The outdoor kitchen it great for a quick hand wash or keeping beer in the fridge.  The outdoor shower is perfect for having the kids rinse off after playing at the beach or in the sandbox, etc.  

Campers are pretty awesome.  I really like having a seasonal campsite.  We pay one fee for the year and keep it there year round.  Electric and water included.  We've got a nice spot with a lot of room around us, we aren't all packed close together.  It's in the woods, on a hill next to a creek.  I love it.  We can see the lake from where we are.  We go out there a lot during the summer.  It's a nice escape from life.  We fish and swim on the pontoon boat.  'Smores by the fire.  Making memories with the family.  

This isn't the exact one, but it's very similar:

img_fw3yYY89Hqe2cNw_r.jpg

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

@GazzaGarratt You have to do the campervan/motorhome thing with a young family. Its the best thing ever in my eyes, the kids love being outdoors and exploring and theres always beer in the fridge! 

Since our first van we have never looked back and I know @Stretch616  is the same.

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂