FIFA 20 - FG Pro Clubs

GazzaGarratt

A tale of two halves on MNF this week to our total surprise and ended up with a solid promotion to Division 6 by the end of the night!

As per usual we felt like we were off to a flyer with some great chances in the first game falling to Forlan @ChaosGladiator and McManaman @Macca89  but we just couldn't hit the back of the net and, like most sessions, the opposition took full advantage by nicking a few goals. Macca managed to score a lovely worked goal in the second half and so for a change we managed to pick up a point when we would've usually got nothing for our efforts. After our first game though, we struggled to get any momentum going and took a huge battering in the middle of 3 losses on the bounce (5-3) even though it was end to end stuff, equalising twice straight from the kick off. Garry Goals, wasn't living up to his namesake, refusing to take shots at one point, as we were probably too guilty for being Seb's favourite team too much and trying to walk the ball in the net like good ol' Arsenal.

We then decided to change and have an 'ANY' player because of the amount of times they were getting around the wings with one ball and easily beating the AI defense by pace alone. Macce assumed the role with Forlan upfront, Gary Goals @LordBaguette  in CAM and Tommy Tickle @GazzaGarratt in LMF supporting defense and attack. This seem to pay dividends as the goals started to flow - even Garry Goals got in on the act (you can thank me later for the square pass into an empty net😎) and Forlan/McManaman combination upfront was hugely successful, banging the net and humiliating some teams by scoring over 3 goals a game. Tommy Tickle felt in control of most middle play, successfully winning most tackles he got stuck in with.

So from an evening that looked the worst 20 minutes in, ended up in glory with FGFC missing out on Champions by a single point in the end as we went 4 games unbeaten. Somehow, quite incredibly, we find ourselves in Division 6 next time - that's 5 promotions across 9 seasons. Something to be proud of as we're playing for the absolute fun of it.

Overall season - 4W 2D 4L = 14 points, promotion to Division 6 and a carbon copy of Division 8's results from the previous week.

GGFG @Macca89  @ChaosGladiator  @LordBaguette

P.S. We're thinking of moving to FIFA 21 when we all get it (which is nearly a reality btw). If so, we'll create a new thread as Pro Clubs doesn't carry over from previous versions.

FG Results Div7 202010012.JPG

Sorry guys, I was on holiday with not much signal for the weekend until today. How did you all get on? @ChaosGladiator  @Macca89  @LordBaguette  @jordie1892  @G_dub52  @Glen11

6 minutes ago, ChaosGladiator said:

I never got around to playing, was only Tom on when I was and then Cal asked if I was free to play other games. 5 mins later Tom told me Macca was on for clubs 😂😅

FML, I honestly go away for a few days and you planks can't remember the time we normally get on 🙈🤣🤣

I'll stick an event up for next week but maybe another night this week too. I will have to do a video on how to do an event which will take you 33 seconds after i've shown you! 😁🤣

12 hours ago, Macca89 said:

Won't be on until next Thur/Fri however warming up nicely 🙌🤣

Love it Macca 🤣

No worries. Is anyone around over the weekend for a few games perhaps? Still gonna do Monday but would be a good practice as I didn't get on this week.

Ill be on tonight for sure! I would normally have missed last week anyway on lates but last week I was just away on holiday haha.

Fellaini is up for some goals tonight!

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

On 10/31/2020 at 8:54 AM, Dan94 said:

I'll be picking this up when the PS5 drops, so I'll be sure to get on with you guys 💪

pizza yes GIF

Get in! Can't wait Dan! Its already been loads of fun with a bunch of us 😎

5 minutes ago, G_dub52 said:

Ill be on tonight for sure! I would normally have missed last week anyway on lates but last week I was just away on holiday haha.

Fellaini is up for some goals tonight!

I'm back too so i'm hoping for a night of goals galore...at the right end 🤣