Ghost of Tsushima

Dan94

Would love to @Dan94  but its very likely i'd be utter shite at it.

I mean, look at how this guy does his kills. Insane 🙀 I'd be struggling to get the sword to be near their face.

Really enjoying this, the graphics and overall experience is superb, the fighting is very hard at times but hey, what's the point of playing a game if its not challenging? [emoji16]

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

I think @Riff Machine  has it as well as @Jason . Glad you guys are enjoying it, the death combos that you can create look ridiculously awesome.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think @Riff Machine  has it as well as @Jason . Glad you guys are enjoying it, the death combos that you can create look ridiculously awesome.

Absolutely, the cinematics and flow of the in-game battles game are amazing

I don't feel like starting a new thread about this game.

I started really playing it on Saturday, and am now in a good part of the game where I can wander around. 

Thought it was interesting? Amusing? to stumble upon a bloody barrel with a hand sticking out of it. Not sure why it's there. But here it was.:

image.thumb.png.19fe202fff23b9e10ea15a9905d18cbe.png

On 7/19/2020 at 9:15 AM, Dan94 said:

Really enjoying this, the graphics and overall experience is superb, the fighting is very hard at times but hey, what's the point of playing a game if its not challenging? [emoji16]

I agree that the fighting can be difficult. However, I think it could be a bit more intuitive. Some issues I've experienced in my learning curve with Ghost are issues I never experienced with Horizon Zero Dawn, and a lot of the mechanics are the same. Like, I shouldn't have to pause to look up the correct order to throw a knife, nor should I be accidentally calling my horse when I do that, but I do.

That said, I'm still having a blast with it. I just wish I could get to the angry Mongols in time before they butcher peasants when I see them.

So, I'm currently running around trying to 1) get enough materials to upgrade all my stuff, 2) unlock as much as I can before continuing with the story, and 3) get enough technical points to better my play style.

I had just finished clearing out the logging camp, I think. Then, Jin decided to sit down, bask in the bloody and fiery aftermath, and have a drink? Dude... that's some badassery, I guess.

image.thumb.png.0aa4ddb4c8bccef081fe49114d1e7f21.png

Omg, finally got round to having a quick bash on this for the first time and i've never known a game to have aestically pleasing controls with a hack/slash type game. It impresses me so much that it helps you not become a button mashing machine but at the same time creates different moves in game when you might've spammed a button either way.

For a game like this to put graphics, movement, controls all in a kind of open-ish world is incredible and puts the likes of Cyberpunk creators CD Projekt Red to shame. It feels like a Game of the Year type of game you'll always remember when you played it.

Also, Tom @LordBaguette  and myself had a dabble in the FREE multiplayer mode for a few levels and its bloody fantastic. I can't wait to try the survival 4-player mode at some point to eventually unlock the Raids they have!

We should definitely find a moment where we can potentially partner up in a few levels with each other to see how far we could get @Dan94  @phil bottle @LordBaguette  @RenFengge  @Riff Machine  and anyone else who has the game for that matter!

Super curious about the coop portion of the game. Super wary of it at the same time.

Anyway. Just found out that the frequency of storms correlates to how often you kill by stealth. Which, kind of sucks since I enjoy stealth as an option. It makes every place to liberate like a puzzle... instead of just running in and egging them on and slashing them.

Really really trying to get a handle on switching from throwing knives to throwing sticky bombs. Just doesn't click in my brain.

Also, I didn't expect just a noticeable jump when I started playing on the PS5 since 1) proper upgrade means newer TV, and 2) still waiting on the adapter since there's no optical and I can't use the soundbar now. But, DAAAMMNNN.. it was instantly noticeable. And I notice typically nothing in my life lol.

I'm currently trying to go through Act II by playing "honorably" instead of stealthy. I would really like to not use my flute every 5 minutes to adjust the weather. Also, semi-curious if Uncle starts to approve?

I haven't been in awe of the beauty in a game since Horizon Zero Dawn.

Cleared a farm. On my way to getting Gosaku's armor because I want new armor to upgrade. Looks like Jin and horse Sora felt like going for a nap.

image.thumb.png.d996736320e9f3bb0a771bae6afbfb0a.png

This is pretty awesome.. And, yes, I do now want to visit this island.

IMG_6322.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Creative leads to be honoured for spreading "the name and history"

On 3/5/2021 at 6:21 PM, RenFengge said:

This is pretty awesome.. And, yes, I do now want to visit this island.

IMG_6322.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Creative leads to be honoured for spreading "the name and history"

Couldn't agree more. That is so cool to see happen and well deserved. Would you take that as evidence into your next performance review at work?

"So....I got this. I'll wait for my payrise confirmation email 😎"

drop mic GIF by Captain Obvious

yeah.. I'd watch this! I mean, he does sort of go John Wick on everyone in his way lol.

lykfms7zl20y2wlkaji7.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Chad Stahelski is reportedly attached to direct the project

PS5 Directors Cut coming out this month but it's quite pricey. Does contain a new island though. $10 extra for a PS4 upgrade to get the new content apparently too. Never did get round to getting this first time around but I may grab it this month.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

PS5 Directors Cut coming out this month but it's quite pricey. Does contain a new island though. $10 extra for a PS4 upgrade to get the new content apparently too. Never did get round to getting this first time around but I may grab it this month.

The directors cut is so tempting. I haven't played the game at all but have heard so many good things about it that i really want to give it a try.

Tom @LordBaguette , let us know what you think as I know you've picked it up now (appreciate you've already completing the game twice).

Also, SkillUp has said whilst its good, not sure if the extra island gives anything new so it could be like Phil said above on the samey samey side.

I have finished it already (platted), I really enjoy the gameplay loop, and also pretty much mastered the online. I'd say if you don't love the main game I wouldn't bother with the DLC, but if you do love it its definitely worth it. They are adding new content to the online soon as well for free called Rivals. 

cba