The ULTIMATE beginners guide to World of Warcraft Classic

World of Warcraft Classic is a 16 year old game that has grown over time to be completely something else, then stripped back to its original form. This is a game that has had almost zero changes made to it and has been released in the same way it was back in 2004. Same bugs and quirks....the whole lot.

The beauty of this game? It's huge. It has so much going for it in that you have so many choices to make even before you get going. Horde or Alliance? What Race? What Class? PvP or PvE server?

There are so many videos out there to watch and learn but I wanted to share one playlist with you today.

If you've ever considered playing WoW but feel it's a massive undertaking then here is a link to a playlist that is a step by step guide into how to level an alliance character. The video is about levelling a warrior which are arguably the most difficult to level but the most desirable class (tank!) so any other class you pick will have a much easier time. IT's also the quickest levelling route i've ever seen, if you follow this guide to the Tee it will make you level faster than if you just bumbled around on your own. 

@Diddums and I play as alliance on sever Nethergard Keep.

Here is the link: Alliance 1-60 leveling guide

signatures small.jpg

Anyone who wants to give it a go will have 1 on 1 tuition from me. I still play the fuck out of it, it's such a shame that so many see the sub as a barrier despite the game being free, this is literally the game that we could all play together, doing stuff solo or together, whether it be dungeons, elite quests, raids, PVP, you name it. This game is the Destiny replacer, once and for all, but sadly some see the £9 a month as a waste. You can have groups from 2 people doing quests, up to 40 people doing a raid and literally anything inbetween. 

I've still not touched PVP, still licking my wounds from the first time around when I tried it as a warrior and got my arse handed to me regularly. 

Apart from Blackwing Lair, I've now cleared every raid in the game, although I've done about half of BWL so not much left to go. 

The guild we're in is great too, loads of helpful peeps and we're starting to get to know each other quite well too, if we could get a few more FG faces in there it'd really complete the set. 

I've also maxed out every secondary profession now, fishing was a cunt to do. Good gold maker though when just chilling. 

banlol.png

Its definitely a different chill type of game with just unlimited stuff you can do. It was worth a few months sub to at least have a go at it if you like RPGs or want to try the MMO of MMOs. I personally feel like if you like something like Diablo styled games then this could be a goer - i actually think they'd make some new players grab it if they did 3 month packages of content.

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

This game is the Destiny replacer, once and for all,

We'll always agree to disagree on this mate. I think the main point is they're not comparable at all. Its frustrating because its partially Luke Smith's fault for saying he wants Destiny to be an all action RPGMMO (because he came from playing WoW all the time) and Destiny's just not an MMO because its just 6 player max teams in a few instances.

I just couldn't get grips to WoW as a 'main game' it if i'm brutallty honest. Whilst its very chilled for a nice Sunday evening, its the opposite of what i enjoy in Destiny which is a more intense FPS game but can also have chilled moments too. Fair play to anyone that played this back in the day when you could only Encarta CD on your PCs. How you got around the world back then i'll never know. For this era games need to evolve with the times if you're a live service game, you're never really 'great' for too long as fans can argue about the next thing that bothers them (cos they know they have active devs working to make it better).

What I just can't get my head around is the mods that are required to play the game. It blew my mind when i saw your healer pad that basically told me who you needed to heal at any point...its kinda like just watch the boxes that go red and click them, not even watching the in-game scene. I'm an easy, simplistic player that likes shiny tool tips presented to me so when I buy a game I hope that stuff shows me where to go. Destiny ain't perfect at that either, but their quests tabs and the ability to get around the map in relative ease kind of works to my style of play.

I'd love it if they could release a free version up to level 20 like they have for the Retail version. I think play time would maybe help a transition into paying for it for a few months to try out new content. I think if people could taste the grind in a regular pattern AND are willing to make this their main game then there's bags of potential for not much money in all honesty.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

We'll always agree to disagree on this mate.

The difference of course being that I've actually played both for extensive amounts of time, whereas you experienced about 5% of WoW. 

banlol.png

6 minutes ago, Diddums said:

The difference of course being that I've actually played both for extensive amounts of time, whereas you experienced about 5% of WoW. 

Appreciate that but that doesn't void my opinion. If a game doesn't click it just doesn't. Ask Sebba or Tom to play Destiny. They've barely played it and just didn't get on with it. I've given WoW a go for way longer than anyone else here when you asked people to try it out. As I said before though, if I could justify a tenner a month for the amount of time I would play on it, I would.

Both games have good points and bad, that's the similarity.

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Appreciate that but if a game doesn't click it just doesn't. Ask Sebba or Tom to play Destiny. They've barely played it and just didn't get on with it. I've given WoW a go for way longer than anyone else here when you asked people to try it out. As I said before though, if I could justify a tenner a month for the amount of time I would play on it, I would.

Both games have good points and bad, that's the similarity.

So what you meant is it's not the Destiny killer for you. 

banlol.png

1 minute ago, Diddums said:

So what you meant is it's not the Destiny killer for you. 

Yep. As it is the Destiny killer for you.

Just now, GazzaGarratt said:

Yep. As it is the Destiny killer for you.

That's it. Tomorrow I'm making some Destiny / WoW top trump cards and we're gonna settle this once and for all. 

banlol.png

13 hours ago, Diddums said:

You laugh Dave, but I did that dungeon twice last night without fucking up, like a pro. 

I laugh because I think it’s funny but mainly because it reminds me of part of a Destiny raid along the lines of....

Lee: Right, if no-one shoots the boss, this section doesn’t start, so let’s sort out who’s doing what..

Didds: <bang>
Lee: <sigh>

🤣🤣🤣🤣

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork