Gaming while camping

McNasty

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this.  I keep a SNES mini in our trailer for stuff to do when camping when it’s raining.  The kids recently found SF2 Turbo and they are completely obsessed now.  Brings back a lot of good memories for me.  My oldest made me look up all the moves for the players.  My youngest picks fucking Dhalsim every time and does the long kick shit over and over and over.  I can’t beat him without resorting

to sho-ryu-kens from deep lol.   Technology advanced too far where games like this just don’t appeal anymore, but man those early SF and Mortal Kombat days were something else.  I remember sleepover parties with my soccer teammates and we’d stay up all night working on fatalities lol.

A9C622C8-D1BD-4A9D-8C8D-ECAE73B04F99.jpeg

Thats awesome @McNasty ! You know I don't usually go for mini emulator stuff but I can't deny they look pretty sweet. SF2 Turbo Tournament was my first ever Street Fighter game, i struggle playing the slower original versions after you've played that. I think the Switch super helps when we've gone away on little trips now. I actually take the docking station with us just in case there is a TV that it can be connected to.

8 hours ago, McNasty said:

My youngest picks fucking Dhalsim every time and does the long kick shit over and over and over.

I think this is hilarious! Dhalsim was super annoying with those long kicks. Just take E-Honda and spam 100 hand slap at them. Then they'll be sorry!

You ever thought of a Switch, Bill?

On 6/23/2020 at 2:49 AM, BO7H B4RRELS said:

That's a great idea.  I'm definitely going to get a mini system for our camper.  Is that a Coachman Catalina by chance?  Looks really similar to mines.  

@BO7H B4RRELS Haha I forgot that I made this thread I was really hammered lol.  Thats cool to hear that you’re in the RV world Tommy.  This is a Pioneer DS320 that we bought a little over a year ago and its my first trailer and it has worked out really well for us.  TBH I had no idea what I was doing when I bought it which is pretty unusual for me.  My buddy had just bought a MPG Ultralite a few months earlier and we hung out with them at their campsite to tailgate for the G-Day game (where UGAs first string plays against second string). Its a big event down here.  Anyway after spending the day with them hanging out my wife was sold and convinced me that we needed to get one.  I didn’t even own a truck and had zero towing experience so I was really nervous about the whole thing.  Went to a dealership near us and bought this a week later, then spent about a month trying to find a truck.  Its been fucking awesome though probably the best family decision we’ve ever made.  We camp at least once or twice a month.  I’m fortunate to have in-laws with a 50 acre farm near us where we keep it setup with power so whenever we want we can drive over and camp for a few days.  Its been a life saver with this Covid stuff when all the state parks were shut down.  Georgia has a ton of awesome state parks with well maintained campgrounds so that’s where we normally go. Here’s a pic of where we keep it at the in-laws, it’s pretty sweet

78CA7ED2-8021-4C63-8E0A-F40622B82E36.jpeg

On 6/23/2020 at 4:10 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

You ever thought of a Switch, Bill?

@GazzaGarratt My oldest has been itching for one but we have a Wii U at home that gets a ton of use and there aren’t any switch exclusive games that would make me want to get that system.  We’re waiting for the next system to come out.  Keeping the SNES mini in the trailer sort of forces them to explore a lot of the older games because it’s the only thing we let them play.  Camping is for doing outside stuff but at night or when it’s raining, it’s been a lot of fun watching them explore those older games.  Link to the Past, SF2, Super Mario World, Contra, Super Metroid, Earthbound, and F-Zero are the games we play the most.  @BO7H B4RRELS you should definitely get one and keep it in the trailer.  Gives the kids one extra thing to look forward to when we camp.  

That's great, man.  I've been camping my whole life, albeit in a tent.  My wife grew up camping as well, she always went in an RV.  So, when we got married, we met in the middle and got a popup.  But, after having the 3rd kid, it was just too small.  We ended up buying a Coachman Catalina.  Looks like a similar layout to yours.  Master bedroom up front, second bedroom in the rear w/ bunk beds and a single bed in there.  We've got the bonus outdoor kitchen as well.  They're great for some family fun.  That's cool that you've got a spot at your in-laws.  We've got a seasonal place we rent each year on a lake.  Camper + Pontoon = Good family fun.  🙂  Have fun and enjoy! 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

On 6/23/2020 at 2:49 AM, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Looks really similar to mines.  

That’s what baffled me the most when we looked around for our camper.  They are all so similar and without having any experience with RVs I didn’t even know how to look for the differences.  Since then I have spent ungodly amounts of time learning and researching because I want to know everything about everything when it comes to these things.  

I also grew up camping in tents and then my parents bought a pop-up and we packed in 6 people for years and years.  When I went to the dealership to buy one, I really thought I could make due with something small.  Stepped into the first one that was maybe 20ft or so, and nope’d out in 5 seconds.  Ended up with a 37 footer and then found out later that  37 ft for a TT is crazy long.  I didn’t even factor length into the decision, I just liked the space and the price worked so that’s what I bought.  Its nuts how much I know now versus when I bought it.  Youtube is awesome for learning about stuff. 

I've gone to a few RV/camper shows here in town and they're always interesting to see what the latest and greatest is with camper technology.  They're all still very similar but some of the little features can make a huge difference.  Good stuff man!  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png