Call of Cthulhu - Hammer of the gods session 1

Well, what a session!

Three brave investigators were sent into post WW2 Germany to find out why Jews were apparently still being slaughtered despite the fall of Hitlers Nazi’s.

What they found instead is a deep dark web of occult activity, giants and the search of the promise land via a different plane of existence.

Wills were tested, sanity lost and guns fired (badly).

Watch some it here:

Session 1 Part 1

@Diddums @phil bottle @tronic44

signatures small.jpg

Well, what a session!

Three brave investigators were sent into post WW2 Germany to find out why Jews were apparently still being slaughtered despite the fall of Hitlers Nazi’s.

What they found instead is a deep dark web of occult activity, giants and the search of the promise land via a different plane of existence.

Wills were tested, sanity lost and guns fired (badly).

Watch some it here:

Session 1 Part 1

[mention=1]Diddums[/mention] [mention=141]phil bottle[/mention] [mention=125]tronic44[/mention]
Just to say that you ran the session really well and made it a very enjoyable experience. Thanks a lot for putting in the time and effort mate, definitely worth it and appreciated[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

8 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Just to say that you ran the session really well and made it a very enjoyable experience. Thanks a lot for putting in the time and effort mate, definitely worth it and appreciatedemoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ah you are too kind @phil bottle, it was very enjoyable for me to plan and run, although it certainly did give me a bit more respect for my weekly dungeon masters as you have to keep thinking on your feet!

@tronic44 casually leaving a crime scene with a  giant skull on his shoulder whistling yankee doodle......

signatures small.jpg

Sorry I couldn't make it but I did put the stream up in the background and tried to listen where I could. Phil being a shady snake by standing outside the room and asking others to check the bookcase 😂 I'll echo @phil bottle and thank Elliott for his top effort in doing this. I think that it definitely could work on calmer days and nights in the future and its good to see something so different to what we usually do.

Thanks for organizing this Lolliott, it was actually great fun! I vastly underestimated this whole paper RPG thing as there is so much more to it than I could've ever imagined, it's literally a case of seeing where your imagination runs out, really good stuff. I can certainly see how people can sink an entire Saturday night in to this stuff.

We're gonna hafta do another session in a week or two so I can find out exactly what those fuckers are up to. I have some theories but I'll wait to see what the conclusion is.

@phil bottle stop running from blood you fucking fanny, you're a Hackney boi, this should be standard stuff for you 😂

banlol.png

48 minutes ago, Diddums said:

@phil bottle stop running from blood you fucking fanny, you're a Hackney boi, this should be standard stuff for you 😂

The benefits of Hackney is that we know where there be blood, there be demons , blud.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Just wanted to echo the others, Sunday was an absolute blast and you are a legend for sorting it all out and running it @Middle Class Caveman  Was that your first time being DM? If it was I’m amazed because you nailed it!

It took me a bit to get into it and to realise that you had to treat it like real life. You actually have to do things for them to happen, although I didn’t put the skull in my bag straight away it seemed to be a good talking point.

I always enjoyed Elliots face when we were talking to the guy translating the book and pages for us, he asked a question and my response was to slap him and say “we’re asking the questions around here” 😂 Thanks for not taking my first response everytime!

Im itching to play more and get more used to the mechanics of the whole game.

A great event and I look forward to playing more in the future 7/7

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

Just wanted to echo the others, Sunday was an absolute blast and you are a legend for sorting it all out and running it @Middle Class Caveman  Was that your first time being DM? If it was I’m amazed because you nailed it!

It took me a bit to get into it and to realise that you had to treat it like real life. You actually have to do things for them to happen, although I didn’t put the skull in my bag straight away it seemed to be a good talking point.

I always enjoyed Elliots face when we were talking to the guy translating the book and pages for us, he asked a question and my response was to slap him and say “we’re asking the questions around here” 😂 Thanks for not taking my first response everytime!

Im itching to play more and get more used to the mechanics of the whole game.

A great event and I look forward to playing more in the future 7/7

I've DM'd a couple of times before but a long time ago! I appreciate all of the compliments from everyone, it's nice to know my research and reading has paid off. I can't take anywhere near all of the credit for the success of the game as there are loads of different youtube videos and websites explaining how to smoothly run a game, although I will take props for the story as I developed that myself!

Once this campaign is over it would be great to get some more people involved, it doesn't have to be Cthulhu, there are hundreds of different types of games from Zombie survival to an ice age roll playing game! 

signatures small.jpg