PS5 Size Comparison

J4MES OX4D

6 hours ago, Greboth said:

I wonder if the power brick is in the console again.  It is pretty beefy but if the extra space is for cooling so it doesn’t sound like a jet taking off then I won’t complain too much.

Was going to say this, if it’s for cooling then I’m down for that!

9 minutes ago, slamminbones said:

Not be looking forward to taking that apart to clean 😅

Well, once you've taken it apart for its inaugural clean you simply leave half the screws out for next time, takes half the time to clean then. 

banlol.png

10 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Yep, I think its bigger than the@GazzaGarratt PC emoji846.png

Wtf?! At that size its actually bigger than holes that my desk has for consoles. FML 🙈😭

Seriously, how do we actually know if its that big? Have they done it on screenshots alone?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

45 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Wtf?! At that size its actually bigger than holes that my desk has for consoles. FML 🙈😭

Seriously, how do we actually now if its that big? Have they done it on screenshots alone?

USB slots are USB slots. Use them for scale.

Looks like you might need a new desk. 

banlol.png

Doesn't look like we'll even be able to lay this unit down. I'll probably need to raise the ceiling to accomdate this thing😎  Even the slim will probably be bigger than the original Xbox One VHS!

I really hope it's nice and quiet because my PS4 is so loud, I have to double the volume of my TV.

28 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Doesn't look like we'll even be able to lay this unit down. I'll probably need to raise the ceiling to accomdate this thing😎  Even the slim will probably be bigger than the original Xbox One VHS!

I really hope it's nice and quiet because my PS4 is so loud, I have to double the volume of my TV.

Tried cleaning it James? Did mine at the weekend and you can hear the difference

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Diddums said:

USB slots are USB slots. Use them for scale.

Looks like you might need a new desk. 

omg, I stupidly didn't look at the picture long enough. Searching Google now.

image.png

'Massive Shelf'

39 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Doesn't look like we'll even be able to lay this unit down.

What was the last one that couldn't go both sides? PS1? Original Xbox? Be a strange decision to only be able to lay it one way.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

11 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Tried cleaning it James? Did mine at the weekend and you can hear the difference

I've given it a couple of cleans in its time and still it's a bit too noisy for my liking. I probably wont bother again as I'm only playing through TLOU2 and then that'll likely be it. I have had some issues with the laser and drive over the years so that's probably contributed into making it sound worse though!

I love the look of the PS5!

Microsoft have obviously said lets not waste any time on designing the console and we'll just cram it full of stuff, then it'll be better than the PS.

Where as Sony said, why don't we design something new with the gamers in mind and cram it full of stuff.

If someone got paid to design the Xbox, i'm rage quiting life 😄

On 6/16/2020 at 3:31 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

They have indicated there is a stand for the PS5 to lay it on its side.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD