Time Trials Season 2 - GT Sport and Assetto Corsa

I like Willow Springs a lot, it's very fast and if you fuck up, see you later, because you're going for a trip in the sand.

1:19.872

I missed AC last week as I've been all over ACC but I'll do a time for that too!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Thanks @Greboth, when you get them over I'll try and find time to do something with them 👍

I missed last week's so i'll try and get some laps in on both this week.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Thought I'd hop on last night and smash out a few laps and get a decent time but I struggled at this track.  Usually I can get up to speed in about 5-7 laps before then refining my lap and knocking off a tenth here, a tenth there.  I think by lap 10 I was still in the 1:20's round here but I think lap 15 or 16 I got it down to a 1;18.555 using the M4.    I saved the lap so I can capture it if people want to see it to help them out 🙂

I haven't managed to get on AC this week but hoping tonight or tomorrow to put a time on the board.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

So with some sore arms later as that Cobra is a beast!  I got some times set on AC

McLaren: 2:12.662

Cobra: 2:39.939

The McLaren I properly pushed though I didn't do too many laps so there's probably some time in it still.  The Cobra, there's easily more time in it but I'm enjoying driving it in full h shifter mode so I'll take being slower for the more fun 😄

Another week, another combo 🙂 I'm wondering would people prefer if these were for 2 weeks instead of only 1?

Round 4
GT
Car: N500
Track: Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A

AC
Car 1: Ferrari 458 GT2
Car 2: McLaren P1
Track: Magione

It's going to be an interesting one this round as rather unusually, I don't know either track.  I've driven Sainte-Croix before but watching a video of a lap, I don't remember it and don't think I've ever done a lap of Magione.

2 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Another week, another combo 🙂 I'm wondering would people prefer if these were for 2 weeks instead of only 1?

Round 4
GT

AC

It's going to be an interesting one this round as rather unusually, I don't know either track.  I've driven Sainte-Croix before but watching a video of a lap, I don't remember it and don't think I've ever done a lap of Magione.

Sainte-Croix is a long lap, that'll be interesting. Need to go and learn it again as it rarely comes up in the daily races, if ever 👍

I don't know Magione at all so that's also a nice challenge. 

I'm happy with weekly but maybe if others are struggling then I'm easy..

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 7/13/2020 at 3:40 PM, Greboth said:

Round 4
GT

AC

I would prefer 2 weeks so it gives me time to get used to the car and track and then some serious laps. 

I apologise for my lack of contribution so far it's been a hectic couple of weeks and I am only just scraping in a little game time here and there.

I hope to get some times in for this week!

Keep up the good work guys 🙂

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

No worries dude, Phils easy as am I so we can make it 2 weeks.  Gives Lee a chance to put some laps in too.

This weeks AC combo is a tricky one.  2 fast cars on a really tight and twisty track.  Using the Ferrari last night I only got out of 2nd gear on the straights.  It’s also tricky as unlike most GT cars it doesn’t have ABS - so so many lock ups for me.

Totally with the 2 week cycle. It might mean we struggle to catch you two as you'll be able to put more laps in but it'll give me and George time to at least participate. Hopefully when life calms down abit we can get back to weekly stuff. Here's hoping more should get involved too because at the very least GT Sport is cheap enough and worthwhile picking up if you like any sort of cars/racing.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

To be honest, with GT Sport I tend to do 5-10 laps at most as I know that'll get me 90%+ to my best time.  Over those laps I knock off seconds from my fastest lap but anymore and it becomes diminishing returns of only knocking a tenth off here and there.  I could do another 100 laps and knock off a second but even I have my limits of how many laps I'll do in time trial 😄 Well that is until one of you gets close to my time then it's game on!

AC is a different story but the skill for AC is higher so takes me more laps to hit that 90% time but even then it's maybe only 20 or so.

18 hours ago, phil bottle said:

3:19.564 after I finally tried out the F40, from 4 laps. Plenty of room for improvement!

You’re making me doubt if I had BoP on as I found the F40 so much faster so I would have thought in 4 laps you would be too.  I’ll try and get some laps on tonight to double check.

You’re making me doubt if I had BoP on as I found the F40 so much faster so I would have thought in 4 laps you would be too.  I’ll try and get some laps on tonight to double check.
Ha ha each lap I took at least a couple of corners poorly so I think you're ok, I'm just not very used to road cars[emoji16]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm confused

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Forget 16’s I’m on the hunt for 11’s now as managed a 2:12.429 .... and yes BoP was enabled [emoji6] 
Yeah, I think you meant 3:12?

Its impossible to go round that track in less than 3 minutes [emoji39]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Ha ha each lap I took at least a couple of corners poorly so I think you're ok, I'm just not very used to road carsemoji16.png

Neither am I, which I why I took the mazda originally as it handles similar to a race car.  The Ferrari doesn’t and it’s braking zones are huge but it makes up for that in a straight line.

I'm confused

Doesn’t take much does it 😛 

Yeah, I think you meant 3:12?

Its impossible to go round that track in less than 3 minutes emoji39.png

Whoops, yup typo.  Definitely 3 minute lap.  I’ve edited my posted above.