Time Trials Season 2 - GT Sport and Assetto Corsa

It is one advantage of racing as long as I have that there aren’t many tracks I have got some experience with.

At a guess without seeing your lap, I’d guess most of the time loss is in the 2 chicance as you can carry a lot more speed in to the left hander than you think.  Also the down hill right handers and chicane at the top can be an area of massive time gain or loss.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

It is one advantage of racing as long as I have that there aren’t many tracks I have got some experience with.

At a guess without seeing your lap, I’d guess most of the time loss is in the 2 chicance as you can carry a lot more speed in to the left hander than you think.  Also the down hill right handers and chicane at the top can be an area of massive time gain or loss.
I need to work out the braking zones and best line still, carrying too much speed into that downhill and then late braking for example is costing me, but not just that[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

As promised, here's my 1:44.9 lap, 0.5 off my quicket but I didn't record that lap but it still shows the lines I take.  In my OBS noobyness it also includes chat so you get to hear your lovely voices too 😄

I braked a bit too early for t1 and the hairpin (t3 or t5 - not sure how imola is counted) and the final corner so some more time to be found.

I've made a few set up tweaks;

Final drive set to 12/50

Tyres: 15psi all round, slick softs

Traction Control: 1

Toe front set to 12 (so -0.3 actual)

Front roll bar / ARB down to 6.

I’m here just to have some fun so don’t really care about being the fastest so always happy to share my laps and set ups.  If it helps, I can record a fast lap at each round so you can see my lines etc.

Yeah, it was a laugh being in a server rather than singple player 🙂 Just need to get John on the forums now 😉 

I'll make sure GT is updated today and try and get some laps in later. Is there any way to see if i've already got some lap times in on that track, like a history of my fastest laps?

@phil bottle not sure why you couldn't invite that guy, i thought anyone could grab an invite from our discord? I'll look into it. You got that guy on your friend lists? Maybe he could swing by here and do an intro 😀

I'll make sure GT is updated today and try and get some laps in later. Is there any way to see if i've already got some lap times in on that track, like a history of my fastest laps?

[mention=141]phil bottle[/mention] not sure why you couldn't invite that guy, i thought anyone could grab an invite from our discord? I'll look into it. You got that guy on your friend lists? Maybe he could swing by here and do an intro [emoji3]
All of your previous times on each track are saved, it shows them by class.

Get some times in!

I think it was just a borked link, he was ok to get in last night, cheers!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@GazzaGarratt unfortunately not easily as depending if you drove the track in a public lobby, sport mode race or single player time trial it’s recorded in different places or not at all.

Edit: unless they changed it.  So Phil may be right I dunno.  It used on only show your single player laps if you were looking in single player.  But yes. get some laps it Leigh!

I’ll try and hop on gt sport at lunch and record a lap too and get it posted.  Phil’s not that far off my gt time but might help you Lee.

[mention=312]GazzaGarratt[/mention] unfortunately not easily as depending if you drove the track in a public lobby, sport mode race or single player time trial it’s recorded in different places or not at all.

Edit: unless they changed it.  So Phil may be right I dunno.  It used on only show your single player laps if you were looking in single player.  But yes. get some laps it Leigh!

I’ll try and hop on gt sport at lunch and record a lap too and get it posted.  Phil’s not that far off my gt time but might help you Lee.
No, just in Arcade in single player. Soz for the confusion [emoji16]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

23 hours ago, G_dub52 said:

I've tried to do this the last two mornings but its been update central for the game haha. I will get some times down tomorrow morning and update.

Hopefully I will get somewhere in a respectable time frame being as I still have not yet played this.

I missed your post yesterday, yeah it's quite an old game now so I'd guess there are going to be quite a few updates for it 😞 Still the post and video above should mostly apply to console too so hopefully it will help you get up to speed faster.

And for those on GT Sport, here's my lap.  Managed a 2:17.x so a pretty fast lap, I'm not sure how replicable it is on a controller but still shows braking and lines I use 🙂

I missed your post yesterday, yeah it's quite an old game now so I'd guess there are going to be quite a few updates for it [emoji20] Still the post and video above should mostly apply to console too so hopefully it will help you get up to speed faster.

And for those on GT Sport, here's my lap.  Managed a 2:17.x so a pretty fast lap, I'm not sure how replicable it is on a controller but still shows braking and lines I use [emoji846]

I'll take a look. It's a great track, Spa, I'm finding it difficult keeping up the speed in some corners and find myself switching down to 2nd gear just to keep the revs up[emoji106]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So Ive managed to get on and Im in the M4 but the Akrapovic as I havnt bought the DLC for the stock M4.

Having never played this before is there a reason the car doesn't turn into corners? And then just willows all over the track when your trying to go straight? It literally can't make a corner even at nearly 0 speed the turning circle takes you right out into the gravel????

Getting pretty frustrated already lol. Can't even complete a lap. I have left the setup as set by the computer aswell just so I can get used to the game. 

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

I've dialled in a bit more now, changed the cam and tyre pressures and got some laps in. With the TT first and now with the M4 lol. Next question where does it log my times? Nothings coming up anywhere! I got 4000 points if that helps. Man Im terrible at this haha

I've dialled in a bit more now, changed the cam and tyre pressures and got some laps in. With the TT first and now with the M4 lol. Next question where does it log my times? Nothings coming up anywhere! I got 4000 points if that helps. Man Im terrible at this haha
AC really does not make things easy lol I'm not sure if the UI is similar to PC but if you're doing practice laps there's definitely a record kept!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

16 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Spa is unlocked at level 16...and i'm level 14 🙈

Levelling up now 👍

Bloody hell Lee! You really do need to play this game more if you haven't unlocked everything yet 😆

10 minutes ago, G_dub52 said:

I've never really played the console version but PC it tells you can enable the hud that tells you your best lap of the session.  It should also tell you your best lap when you quit a session.  4000 points though? no idea, is there a drift points mode on AC?

As for the handling, unfortunately default AC setups range from pretty good to terrible depending on the car.  One problem they all have is the tyre pressures are always too high.  As for the turning circle - is there some sort of stick sensitivity option? The few times I played it on console was with a wheel so can't really advise on controller set up sorry 😞

I'm not sure what racing games you've played before but AC is a proper sim so they can take some getting used to if you come from the more arcade style racers.

Gran Turismo Sport is definitely a more pick up and play type game and a great crossover between arcade and console. Perfect for using controllers. It's about 12 quid now...[emoji847]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Right, im getting more dialled in. 2:15.336 is my best so far in the M4. 

Just keep driving! [emoji38]
Learning the track, the car, the braking points, keep on driving man[emoji847]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2:12.814 is my best in the M4 on Imola. 

Im coming off now for lunch. Ill keep practicing and do some Lambo laps tonight or tomorrow morning to round out the week.

@GazzaGarratt thanks to chatting to me as we got laps down. It helped me calm down abit and I actually really started to enjoy myself and was getting quicker each lap. Damn work getting in my way! 

How long are you leaving round one "active" @Greboth?

Im a few days behind starting with updates etc so playing catch up. Wondering how much time I have to refine my runs 😁

Okay. So i've unlocked the track, lucked out on a GTI Gr.3 race car in the reward for my daily miles and i'm slowly getting around the track. I'm down from 2.31 to just under 2.27 atm but i'll need to do way more laps to get used to the track. Oh Hard tyres too. Should I change them to Softs and would that make a huge difference?

13 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Okay. So i've unlocked the track, lucked out on a GTI Gr.3 race car in the reward for my daily miles and i'm slowly getting around the track. I'm down from 2.31 to just under 2.27 atm but i'll need to do way more laps to get used to the track. Oh Hard tyres too. Should I change them to Softs and would that make a huge difference?

Definitely change them! I don’t know the exact time difference but you’re probably looking at 2+ seconds a lap.  Maybe even up to 4 or 5 with the length of Spa.

1 minute ago, Greboth said:

Definitely change them! I don’t know the exact time difference but you’re probably looking at 2+ seconds a lap.  Maybe even up to 4 or 5 with the length of Spa.

Ah balls! Okay, will do! 2:26.409 with Hard tyres. Lets see what i can do with soft on the Spa track!