1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I saw this, maybe some ACC this weekend👍

My thoughts exactly.

Going to have to mess around with settings first to see if I can get VR running properly.  But I currently have no plans this weekend so plenty of time for racing.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

It's probably a little early to come to a definitive conclusion on VR performance but it's certainly better than it was.  I'm getting some weird graphical issues though I'm not really sure what's causing them.  I found someone who posted their settings on a 2070S so I'm going to give them a try as they should be pretty close on my 2080.  I still don't think it will be great sadly, there seems to be something about ACC that just means it doesn't run as well as other games.

As for the other updates in this patch, I'd seen some comments about overheating tyres and they're sensitivity to pressure.  However a quick race around Spa using the default aggressive setup I didn't have any problems except when I spun but the less said about that the better.

I had a few goes on Sunday. I think there's a few glitches as I tried to load up my career mode and it all went a bit loopy. 

Championship seems fine though, unlike my driving on the wheel. No traction control and I have a tendency still to either get on the power too early or misjudge which turns I can keep the power on. But I'll keep on it and learning the tracks better will help too I think. 

Great fun though🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

ACC is actually the one, or one of a tiny few games, where keeping TC on is faster.  Unlike GT Sport, or even AC, where the TC system is not the greatest and can cost you lap time.  In ACC, Kunos have implemented it very closely to the real system used in the GT3 cars, so keeping it on 1 or 2 is actually advisable and the quickest way to drive.  There's a video where David Perel talks about it and as he is/was a real Blancpain driver who helped develop ACC I figure he knows what he's talking abou.

@Greboth you've probably already seen the update, there's a VR fix but not sure that applies to you?

Hotfix 1.8.6
Fixed inconsistencies when editing the driver profile name abbreviation
Fixed a visual issue that occasionally left the airjack visible while driving or in replay
Minor updates to the BMW M4 GT3 display
Further adjustments to the AI’s strategic decisions in different weather conditions
Fixed best lap dash display item lagging behind on laps
Fixed navigation and focus-related issues with mouse and controller
VR: fixed missing rendering in the left eye with the combination of FSR + TAA5 + AA quality set to medium or off.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 11/30/2021 at 1:55 PM, Greboth said:

ACC is actually the one, or one of a tiny few games, where keeping TC on is faster.  Unlike GT Sport, or even AC, where the TC system is not the greatest and can cost you lap time.  In ACC, Kunos have implemented it very closely to the real system used in the GT3 cars, so keeping it on 1 or 2 is actually advisable and the quickest way to drive.  There's a video where David Perel talks about it and as he is/was a real Blancpain driver who helped develop ACC I figure he knows what he's talking abou.

I like the sound of that. I've added the PS4 version to my Xmas list.

On 12/4/2021 at 12:50 PM, phil bottle said:

@Greboth you've probably already seen the update, there's a VR fix but not sure that applies to you?

No that doesn't really apply to me.  A bit of google sleuthing suggests it's something to do with DLSS and reprojection of frames.  I still haven't gotten around to trying again but hopefully will soon.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I like the sound of that. I've added the PS4 version to my Xmas list.

Good news is that they are updating it for PS5 in February and apparently it's free to PS4 owners.

I have it on console and you'll need your wheel for it as its too hard with a controller, I've tried 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 12/6/2021 at 9:21 PM, phil bottle said:

Good news is that they are updating it for PS5 in February and apparently it's free to PS4 owners.

I have it on console and you'll need your wheel for it as its too hard with a controller, I've tried 😁

Good, because as much as I laugh about it, I do want a game to use my racing wheel with otherwise its pointless having it! 😄

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Just amazing how good this can look

That looked incredible. Really enjoyed that, especially when you find you're egging him on to overtake the next few cars!

I'm nstalling the Playstation 4 version later I think so hopefully will try it over the weekend if we get time. May soon be time to dust off the wheel once again...

The PS5 version went live yesterday and PS4 owners get it as a free upgrade.

I had a quick session after D&D last night and it is so much better now on console. Really impressed with how much better it looks and feels🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 2/23/2022 at 12:17 PM, phil bottle said:

The PS5 version went live yesterday and PS4 owners get it as a free upgrade.

I had a quick session after D&D last night and it is so much better now on console. Really impressed with how much better it looks and feels🙂

I want to be happy for it...but GT7 is just around the corner! 😄