Battlefield 5 is dead

J4MES OX4D

EA/DICE have pulled future support for BF5 along with Battlefront 2 to focus on a new Battlefield game for next year. What a shit show this game has been. It was doomed before it was even released after some very questionable design choices and dreadful PR. It was a terrible representation of WWII and riddled with bugs. 

They did seem to salvage the game slightly with some iconic maps and a proper WWII focus but it was too little too late in the end as many people had left the game. Firestorm was also a major flop which lasted about 3 weeks after two years of work. After the brilliance of BF4 and the popular BF1, I can't believe how badly they messed up this game. 

Battlefield '6' better be a Modern-type war game following on from the Battlefield 4 formula. I don't want to see one arm ginger females in steampunk clothing speaking with stereotypical London accents armed with shovels in the battlefield again! 

They really fucked it with that advert and probably saved a lot of ppl wasting their money. Funnily the ad was not representative of the game at all.

This game ultimately failed, as far as I'm concerned, was because it was shit. That DICE could not get it to balance, that the maps were rubbish, the stupid late and pointless battle royale, uninspiring single play compared with BF1, network code issues and more.

So many missed opportunities. If I'd been in charge we'd have gone through the war in the order it happened, particularly in Europe. I'd have done the battle of britain, dunkirk, stalingrad, Normandy landings, liberating Paris, storming Berlin and burning down the Reichstag. The big set pieces. Everyone remembers the normandy landing in medal of honour, it was fantastically done. Don't really understand why they missed all this stuff.

There is more to the game I dislike but that's enough moaning from me [emoji6]

So, while a lot of folk have gone back to playing BF4 I'm too annoyed even open the Origin launcher[emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

they had to make a remake of battlefield 1942 basically with even more maps, guns, vehicles, modes etc but they managed to fail so spectacularly they abandoned both of their games to focus on the next one that will come in a year or so, it seems dice is suffering from a lack of talent etc like bioware

I last played bf at the first dlc drop of bf1, I had no interest in bf5 because after how much I enjoyed BF4 I just wasn't interested. All I'd like to see is a remake/reboot bf4

BF4 is my favourite FPS of all time. Domination mode and engineer in conquest 👍

It's weird that a game that had something so successful as BF4 would deviate away from it so much. With this era, a remake or remaster are pretty much a given, youd think if they had any business sense youd go back to enhance the game a little and maybe bring out a smart DLC for it.

Have to admit, I've played shot ton of BF5 simply because CoD had turned into a heap of shit over the last few years. The recent issues EA had with servers forced me into buying Modern Warfare and although I am still way too slow to keep up with the run & gun on steroids loons, I've quite enjoyed it. Having said that I would go back to BF4 any day of the week, awesome game. BF1 was pretty good also tbh.

Next BF release won't be until 2021 so they can use the new console releases effectively, they really need to return to heady days of BF4 with HARDCORE available. BF1 really fucked this up and BF5 doesn't even have it! 

22 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Although Origin still required too...

Thankfully Origin doesn't seem to be very intrusive when paired with Steam - you only have to ever login once and from then on, each time you launch an EA title from your Steam library, it just does a quick authentication and then the game runs instantly. You don't ever have to login again or go through the store or Origin library. Way better than the likes of uPlay and Rockstar Social Club but as a standalone, I probably hate Origin the most.

46 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

With Origin some BF games require a web browser and if i recall, there are issues with Google Chrome. That might be sorted now, I'll have to check.

I bought Battlefield 3 Premium yesterday and refunded it. Never had any issues with Battlelog previous but I just couldn't get the game to run as it was stuck on 'initializing' even trying to play the campaign.  It's only 40% positive on Steam and many users are reporting issues with this. Battlelog was optimised for the now defunct Internet Explorer and although I could play BF4 through Origin using Chrome without issue, I gave up trying to work through BF3 yesterday on Steam. I am not going through the rigmarole of removing my AV, changing browser, reinstalling everything and disabling my firewall. Refund was the easiest fix!