Favourite Challenges and Blueprints to Complete

GazzaGarratt

As I really don't look too much into contracts and that you can only have one active at any one time, it would be good to know what you think is a good contract to complete. I imagine ones that give you blueprints for special types of the guns in the game? I'd really like to eventually have a cool loadout for Warzone but need to work on these contracts and blueprints.

So what would you recommend?

The mission challenges? I personally work through the ones I think I can complete without doing annoying loadouts or game modes.

Some of the blueprints are cool for guns you haven't leveled. That way you have some attachments to play with.

Was doing one recently, get 10 melee kills whilst using fast melee perk.

Did a game with the striker and that exact perk equipped. I counted at least 2, maybe 3 and it didn't track.

I know the kills counted because I cross checked my ribbon melee challenges and saw that increase.

But yeah hope that was kinda what your talking about. Or it's awkward lol.

• GazzaGarratt changed the title to Favourite Challenges and Blueprints to Complete
On 3/24/2020 at 3:39 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

The mission challenges? I personally work through the ones I think I can complete without doing annoying loadouts or game modes.

Some of the blueprints are cool for guns you haven't leveled. That way you have some attachments to play with.

Was doing one recently, get 10 melee kills whilst using fast melee perk.

Did a game with the striker and that exact perk equipped. I counted at least 2, maybe 3 and it didn't track.

I know the kills counted because I cross checked my ribbon melee challenges and saw that increase.

But yeah hope that was kinda what your talking about. Or it's awkward lol.

Sorry Kenny, I think I got the words mixed up. Yeah, challenges and blueprints. I get some awesome drops running around in Warzone but I don't quite know how to unlock them or what a good balance is. I see so many people just get enough cash for a loadout drop and get their own guns so it would be ideal to have 1 or 2 loadouts ready for it. @ChaosGladiator  helped a bit in his PPR about what he has but I know i'll have to work on some guns in MP to unlock attachments, etc so want to focus effort on those.

Any help is appreciated, fanks very muchly.

I've unlocked a lot of blueprints for guns, and I also have the Battlepass which unlocks even more in the season tiers.

Some of them look or sound cool, but truth be told most of them have trash attachments. And when you change them it makes the gun look more and more normal. It alters the look. I would rather level the guns and use my own setup.

I do sometimes use them just for the name, my EBR is called "Stay Frosty" from the blueprint.

When I kill someone it shows on their screen. "Annihilator","Flood","Dusk" etc.  I just hope it confuses them and they don't know what gun it is. 😂

I agree with@IRaMPaGe , the blueprints for the most part are shyte. They are only good to have when you have no attachments unlocked for the weapons at all so it gives you a little extra for the time being.

To be completely honest you are better off just working on your favorite guns and unlocking what you can. It is super easy when double weapon XP is active.

If you want advise on what guns are good I'll put my 2 cents in. AR - M4A1 (the best AR in the game and one of the best guns in general). SMG - MP5 (The best SMG in the game, personally I love the P90 as my SMG of choice since you can pick up decent MP5 in the game). Sniper - HDR or AX50 (both great depends on your playstyle). Shotgun - (Dont worry about them, they are trash in WarZone). LMG - PKM (Great LMG but causes your mobility to hinder as well as any LMG but provides a big punch with a massive magazine).

For WarZone you want to build range, control, and accuracy. There are a lot of open field areas that you really need it. Personally I build that on all guns. That being said, if you dont need Ghost, I would build the M4A1 as the previously mentioned build, and build P90 as mobility so you can maneuver in close range flights. Just know, UAV is very powerful in this game mode.

I run a P90 class with a Sniper class and a M4A1 with a rocket launcher class.

Now, as far a blueprints you want to complete via challenges, well to be honest, I have no clue since the system in this game suck. From challenges not completing, having to select 1 at a time, not being able to see what group of 1 challenge unlocks, ect.. it's just garbage. You will have to google what you want for what gun. Just not worth the time to be honest. You are better off working on the gun and unlocking what you want.

Via the FG App

datfroggieguynewsig.jpg

With blueprints I'm guessing you are referring to the stuff you unlock in the armory? Most of those guns are pretty bad to be honest, I think the exception for me so far has been one of the Kar98k blueprints that gave me a scope I hadn't unlocked yet. Like others have mentioned, use it until you unlock more attachments on your guns.

As for specific guns to level up for Warzone I'd recommend the Aug (Can get 5.56 NATO clips and it will essentially become an AR with the mobility and fire rate of an SMG and it also has the best damage output). Grau 5.56 / M4A1. Pretty much the same gun with the M4 having a tiny bit better stability while the Grau has more damage. At least with the attachments I put on them. Ax-50 / HDR, whichever one floats your boat really...

As for contracts in Warzone, I recommend the flags. Land somewhere that has 2-3 of the flag things close by each other so you get the "Circle peek" each time you complete one, HUGE advantage. If you just need cash and armour plates real quick the scavenger one isn't bad either. As for the bounty.... I'd say it comes down to personal preference. Sometimes I pick them up just so I'll know where at least one enemy squad  is. I may go for it depending on 2 things: Who I'm playing with and if the bounty target is in a big building or not. If they are in a big building with a lot of hiding places... Don't bother.

@IRaMPaGe  @datfroggieguy  @ChaosGladiator  cheers for the advice guys. Okay, I hear you so i'll look at building up my weapons in normal MP then. Kar98k i've noticed does really well in Warzone and I'd love to have a Sniper that is Semi-Automatic - which one do you think is best?

I think then it feels like unlocking larger mag sizes and really good scopes. I've only seen a few holographic scopes in Warzone. Let me know if there's any recommendations.

Also I look at the season pass ones too. Although I haven't bought it do you reckon they are worth the grind to get them?

Again, none of the blueprints are really worth it. The battle pass is cool to buy if you want but if you arent interested in cosmetic stuff then just keep doing the free one. You will get the guns free anyway. You could just grind the free one and towards the end of the season you are done or finished leveling then it may now be a bad idea to go ahead and buy it since you'll have everything done.

All the Marksman rifles are good but hit marker crazy if you arent hitting the head. You really are better off with the stronger sniper on WarZone. Again, it's your preference. The Marksman rifles offer more mobility while the snipers offer more power. If you arent looking to shoot too far the Marksman rifles may be great for you. Kar98 is really good being said anyway so you have a great choice there.

If you are looking for the semiautomatic and not bolt you can stick with the Marksman rifles and use the first one (dont remember the name) or the Fal. The Fal (AR) is super good and can be built to 1 shot also.

As for the scopes.... The Fal also unlocks a sniper scope if wanted. The holocaust scopes are good but just offer a lot of distraction with the designs unless you commit to unlocking reticles. Again your preference on how far you want to scope. Personally I recommend thermal scope on WarZone. Makes spotting enemy's super easy and you can use it to scout your path as you move forward or even catch campers in the trees or rooftops. There is a thermal scope that also offers a hybrid for a red dot scope so you can switch between the 2.

[mention=1902]IRaMPaGe [/mention] [mention=32]datfroggieguy [/mention] [mention=81]ChaosGladiator [/mention] cheers for the advice guys. Okay, I hear you so i'll look at building up my weapons in normal MP then. Kar98k i've noticed does really well in Warzone and I'd love to have a Sniper that is Semi-Automatic - which one do you think is best?

I think then it feels like unlocking larger mag sizes and really good scopes. I've only seen a few holographic scopes in Warzone. Let me know if there's any recommendations.

Also I look at the season pass ones too. Although I haven't bought it do you reckon they are worth the grind to get them?

Via the FG App

datfroggieguynewsig.jpg

4 hours ago, datfroggieguy said:

Again, none of the blueprints are really worth it. The battle pass is cool to buy if you want but if you arent interested in cosmetic stuff then just keep doing the free one. You will get the guns free anyway. You could just grind the free one and towards the end of the season you are done or finished leveling then it may now be a bad idea to go ahead and buy it since you'll have everything done.

All the Marksman rifles are good but hit marker crazy if you arent hitting the head. You really are better off with the stronger sniper on WarZone. Again, it's your preference. The Marksman rifles offer more mobility while the snipers offer more power. If you arent looking to shoot too far the Marksman rifles may be great for you. Kar98 is really good being said anyway so you have a great choice there.

If you are looking for the semiautomatic and not bolt you can stick with the Marksman rifles and use the first one (dont remember the name) or the Fal. The Fal (AR) is super good and can be built to 1 shot also.

As for the scopes.... The Fal also unlocks a sniper scope if wanted. The holocaust scopes are good but just offer a lot of distraction with the designs unless you commit to unlocking reticles. Again your preference on how far you want to scope. Personally I recommend thermal scope on WarZone. Makes spotting enemy's super easy and you can use it to scout your path as you move forward or even catch campers in the trees or rooftops. There is a thermal scope that also offers a hybrid for a red dot scope so you can switch between the 2.

Awesome, great advice Froggie. I'll look at making 2 classes, one with FAL and one with a strong sniper. I think I'll start pairing it with a kar98k first before I look at different options but itll definitely be in the AR or SMG space.

If you want to run any semi automatic rifle, there's a couple of options out there that aren't half bad. However, I would not pair these with another long range weapon like you're talking of doing with the FAL and a sniper @GazzaGarratt, but if it works for you, go for it. Personally I'd run FAL and Aug rather than FAL and AX-50.

But a couple things to keep in mind when making those classes.

- The FAL uses AR ammo. That means you can have a semi-auto sniper (provided you unlock the sniper scopes) with a max of 200 rounds on you. It also takes about 4 shots to down someone with an FAL.

- Markman rifles and sniper rifles use the same ammo type. This means at all times you will never have more than however much is in your clip, and an additional 40 rounds that your character holds. This means weapons like the EBR that you can technically use as a multipurpouse weapon at all ranges depending on the scope attachment will burn through ammo VERY fast and sniper ammo is also the hardest to find.

- Scopes. These all boil down to preference in the end, but I'll share my views on some of them anyways. On a sniper rifle, if you've unlocked any of the thermal scopes, use them. You'll pick up a lot of kills and know where enemy teams are thanks to it. Unless people have gotten their loadouts and are running cold-blooded, you'll see them even at 500 meters. If they are running cold blooded, you'll still see them but not as clearly. On the FAL/EBR and similar rifles, I'd suggest using a 4x magnification scope or around that as it will still do alright at range and also up close and it won't give off the "glint" the sniper scopes/thermal scope do. I'm not 100% sure if an AR with a sniper scope gives of the glint or not, but if it does, having a scope with less magnification will make you a ton harder to spot from range.

- Magazine sizes matter more in close quarters than long range. If you run an SMG or M4/Grau/M13 or what ever, having a larger clip in case shit hits the fan and you have multiple targets to shoot at in a firefight will help you a lot obviously. But on a sniper, do you really need it? I've been running the bog standard mags on my AX-50 and I've been doing just fine. I'd rather take an attachment that makes my shots more accurate, or do more damage than to have 2-3 shots more per mag.

- Aim down sights time. On a SMG/AR this still matters, on a sniper it really doesn't. At least not in Warzone. My AX-50 is slow as an old geriatric geezer trying to unstick his left nut from his thigh on a hot summer day to aim down sights, but it's accurate as fuck and it will deal some serious damage if I hit upper body or headshots. You're not trying to 720 no scope kids for youtube clips, you wanna put these fuckers in their graves, stability, recoil control and damage is what you want.

This works for me, something else might work for you, but some of my insight should be helpful. Also, the Kar98K is more fun than it is good in Warzone 😄 

Right. The RPG! Fucking get it! I've lost count of the amount of double and tripple kills I've gotten with this thing over the ast few days. Either clearing out rooms, houses or blowing up vehicles, this thing is immense! If you haven't already, give it a go, I pulled 2 games back to back tonight playing trio's with Matt and Mike Bell using the Ak47 and RPG. After the 2nd game even Matt started using it 😄 

3 hours ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Right. The RPG! Fucking get it! I've lost count of the amount of double and tripple kills I've gotten with this thing over the ast few days. Either clearing out rooms, houses or blowing up vehicles, this thing is immense! If you haven't already, give it a go, I pulled 2 games back to back tonight playing trio's with Matt and Mike Bell using the Ak47 and RPG. After the 2nd game even Matt started using it 😄 

Yeah the RPG is a beast, I like going for hammy long range window shots Vs campers.

Another favourite is if your under the window frame, aim for the ceiling at an awkward angle. (So the camper can't get LOS)

Looks great in Platinum, very shiny. 😁

On 4/11/2020 at 12:41 AM, ChaosGladiator said:

So are we saying the blast radius just works differently in Warzone with an RPG to Core?

On 4/13/2020 at 2:06 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

My experience Lee is only from MP. But hopefully gladiator can confirm warzone RPG.

On 4/13/2020 at 9:50 PM, ChaosGladiator said:

Don't have the multiplayer so not sure how it handles there, didn't use the rpg in the beta either...

My gut reaction feels like it certainly has a larger blast radius in Warzone. Maybe more like realistic mode maybe. I'm starting to pick these up now on your recommendations and got a few kills with it last night. Good for early play so far anyway.

18 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

My gut reaction feels like it certainly has a larger blast radius in Warzone. Maybe more like realistic mode maybe. I'm starting to pick these up now on your recommendations and got a few kills with it last night. Good for early play so far anyway.

From what I've been told and from what I've experienced myself, at full armour you need to hit the enemy right at their feet in order for it to be a one shot kill. If you hit a wall or a roof next to/above them it will not kill/down them. However if they are in or near a vehicle... Mayhem! Just aim it in the right direction and blast them away like good old Team Rocket 😄 

On 4/22/2020 at 5:25 PM, ChaosGladiator said:

From what I've been told and from what I've experienced myself, at full armour you need to hit the enemy right at their feet in order for it to be a one shot kill. If you hit a wall or a roof next to/above them it will not kill/down them. However if they are in or near a vehicle... Mayhem! Just aim it in the right direction and blast them away like good old Team Rocket 😄 

A shot close enough Downs them which is enough in a fight against a group.